Who's in a band?

2»

Comments

• Originally posted by A Surprise Left
    cool yeah you are a little far away from me but i'll make an effort to go and see you guys play. do you normally play a couple of PJ covers. I would like to get a band going though time to get back into it.

Sometimes we do, but we're not this time around... we're doing a couple other covers (both of which I really hate... but not a lot I can do about it... sorta long story). If you make it to our gig, make sure u come up and say hi!
    "...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
  • bruins1bruins1 Posts: 16
    I play guitar in an 8 piece (sometimes 7 piece, sometimes 9, I can't keep track!) band called Rhythmship. We're on the New Hampshire seacoast. I'm still trying to talk everyone into covering a PJ song, but someday I will succeed.
    BTW - We are also starting up a recording studio in Alton, NH, so if anybody is interested, here is the link:

http://www.mindmined.com/studios/zero/index.html
    yankees suck
  • hey if i'm free that night i'll make sure i'll come its only $5.00 afterwards. You hate the covers you play?????
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • pariah, thanks for the info. Looks like a great site.
    "Life is a social gathering for the body, music is infinite to the soul." - Stosunek
  • BrotherBrother Posts: 63
    I'm in a band called Sonic Temple. On the 24th of Jan, we're opening act at the William Glesby Centre in Portage,Manitoba. I play guitar and sing(urgh).
  • i am!.....but so far im really the only oen contributing anything.....i've written 6 riffs and we still dont have one complete song down....*sigh*
    "But you see, you get more for your money with the big ones. It's like a two for one special."

That was the line I used when dating to convince girls they should like fat guys.

-Boosk.
  • sevensinssevensins Posts: 887
    i play some guitar and do all the singing in a band called The Lounge Act, were a blues, funk, jazz, folk, punk, alternative, rock & roll band. We sound like ( on the album we are currently makeing ) a combo of Bob Dylan, Led Zepplelin, Damien Rice, REM, and Nirvana.....on the next album I would like to try some synth effects and get a violenist.
  • Is anyone in here from Texas. It's so hard to find anyone from Texas who isn't a Country Playin' Republican. Please Help, I play Bass (Cliff Burton style Metal Fury) and I am looking for real guitar players and drummers who don't mind my age and listen to real music. All the dudes I know can't play anything but Lynrd Skynrd, and if it's not that, it's Blink 182. Get the point, I'm in need.
    Support you local anarchist
  • by the way, if any of you are bored (or really hot and of the female gender) then I'm at syn666oz on aim.
    Support you local anarchist
  • Originally posted by A Surprise Left
    hey if i'm free that night i'll make sure i'll come its only $5.00 afterwards. You hate the covers you play?????

Yeah... the guitarist is making us play em... they're for a girl... it's hard to refuse a request for a guy who wants to impress a lady... cos goddam I wish a guy would do that for me!!
    "...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
  • I'm the drummer for the band Anamorphic. We're a four piece alt/grunge/rock band. We all met going to film school in Ithaca, NY, and senior year decided to form a band. I hadn't had any drum set expericence, but I was in band in HS, so I had at least a background in music. The Rhythm guitarist/singer, from Maryland, had been playing since middle school, so he was pretty good, and same for the Lead guitar, whom we befriended on a film shoot was from New Hampshire. The bass player's from NY and I am from California. We had a couple years scattered across the country, but I've managed to convince the rest of the band that they should be in CA. Heh. We've been playing shows (in fact we have two on saturday, but the singer is getting over a cold... oh no..) and recording our album. The Lead, the Bass and I all live in a house that has a detached garage, next to an alley and a commercial building, so we record and practice in the garage (very convenient) In fact, our music gig is more successful than our film gigs. We usually do one cover per show, and in the past we've covered Yellow Ledbetter, Animal, and we're working on Leaving Here right now for an upcoming show. Everyone in the band is pretty big PJ fan... I have a poster of Eddie from Magnussen Park in Seattle '92... Long Haired, cutoff shorts, doc martens, screaming his face off, and he looks down on my drumset, giving me musical power. The bands influences include The Stones, The Who, The Beatles, The Police, The Animals, Pink Floyd, RadioHead, Nirvana, etc, etc... to name a few.

email info@witchcraftaudio.com for information on upcoming shows and events in the Los Angeles area.

peace.
  • not me:D
    it´s better that other´s do da job:D
  • ive just started a Pearl Jam tribute in the Uk.Ive been in bands for years,original for the last 5 or 6 years but got really disillusioned with pretentious wankers who THINK they are the greatest when really they're only mediocre musicians who cant be bothered to commit themselves to a band or just want to do it as a HOBBY.I love music its my life,ive been playing guitar for 2 thirds of my life if i could FIND the right musicians i would form a band and give my life to it but after 15 years of searching i just need to have some fun again playing music i love and doing some gigs.I really envy bands that have made it because they contain musicians that really want it and really love music and are prepared to commit themselves.So what im really saying is dont burn me for playing in a covers/or tribute band i HAVE the skills,the attitude the image whatever to be a pro musician i just want to have some FUN:)
    Cornell pwns u
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    My first band was called The Baker Street Irregulars, we were a 9 piece cover band. Did a bunch of ska and rock. I played rhythm and lead and did some harmony vocals. Next came the four-piece known as "The Title". I wanted it to be Working Title, but the bass player didn't like it. We did a bunch of 90's covers, a lot a pearl jam. But we did a couple old school jazz numbers. It was a crazy mix. Our singer, she had a great voice and loved pearl jam almost as much as me, so we got along great. I played lead and did some harmonies. Before that I was in a band that did one show, Toaster Oven Creation Theory. Did a bunch of DMB and pearl jam. Again, I was lead and harmonies.

Next came The Husky Truckers. Probably the best band I've been in. Again, played lead and sang harmonies. Did everything. Zepplin, Doors, Pearl Jam, DMB, Cash, Clash, English Beat, Bosstones as well as four originals. It was awesome. But due to the lead vocalist moving back to new york, then to lynn mass. then back here but then off to Toronto, we have yet to play again. :(

Currently I'm in The Long Riders which are now called Tammy and The Dreamers(such a gay name, I hate it) which will hopefully be called The Dreamers. Doing a bunch of old folk songs, kristofferson, dylan, lightfoot, etc. Occationally livened up by a pearl jam tune or two as well as old country...williams sr. and cash. It's not totally my cup of tea, as some of the songs are very sleepy...it's still fun to play. We're adding a couple people and some livelier songs hopefully.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • I play guitar and sing in a cover band in Detroit. We're called the Kung-Fu Jockeys. http://www.kung-fujockeys.com I wish we had time to write originals. I'm in grad school and working and have a girlfriend I live with which is like having another job. I'm trying to fix it so that I can make enough money over the summer just playing covers in bars before I hopefully get into dental school next fall. Wish I could just write and play music for a living, but I guess I just don't have the balls to take the chance. It's good to keep music as a hobby too, right?
    I thought I'd share a picture of me rockin the "Alive" solo at a recent show out on the dance floor. I think this other guy liked it
    http://www.kung-fujockeys.com/images/Shows/Spinnakers/2-24-05/DCP_0098.JPG
    P.S. That's not my real hair, it's my Slash wig I'm wearing.
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
  • Habit
    Lead Vocals/Guitar
    Rock
    Working on demo this weekend coming up

my other band

Anamoly
    Vocals or Bass...depends on who we get first (if a vocalist first, ill play bass...if bass first ill do vocals)
    Alt Rock/Grunge/Experimental
    Demo is finished just need to mix vocals
    currently working on owning a label
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • I am the rhythm guitarist in a seven piece Rock and Soul band here in Cleveland, OH called Otis and the Shoreway Saints: http://www.otisandtheshorewaysaints.com. We play a blend of Originals and covers. We focus mainly on the originals, but we play a lot of covers from the Motown era, some Springsteen, Elvis Costello, and some other soulful miscellanea. I love our versions of Rosalita and Jungleland.

We are currently working on finishing up our third CD. I also have a solo/side project called Dead Crow Band where I write and play some darker, heavier stuff (more like the grunge we know and love for lack of a better description). Dead Crow Band is strictly a "studio" project (for now). And by studio, I mean I record the songs I write in Cakewalk Home Studio 2004 at my computer desk with a drum machine (don't worry, I program it to sound like a real drummer, not a collection of loops). I intend on recording the entire record (which will be called "The Lazarus Ritual) at home with the help of my best friend from high school and the Saint's bassist.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • sevensinssevensins Posts: 887
    I'm in a band called The lounge act. I play guitar, vocals. Were a progressive/rock/folk band, influenced by porcupine tree, peal jam, nick drake,REM, and the beatles (who isnt?)
    We played are first gig for a cancer befifet show last year, wich was awsome.
    Were currently recording are first album entitled "the lounge acts last act". A consept album revolving around a singer who finds ispiration in his love for this woman, then becomes famous and has his sanity fall apart around him. Then reaches the relisation that he must leave music behind and everything that has to do with it, wich unfortunetly includes his love.

We should be done recording the album by the end of the summer, but we got a few shitty quality demos. Check out the site, and PM me if you like:)