***OHANA NIGHT ONE 9/27/24*** unofficial set list thread

1235»

Comments

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,373
    BF25394 said:
    jatimbo said:
    How was the weather? Did marine layer roll in and get chilly?
    Well, I’m old, so — yes.

I think you can tell who’s local at a SoCal beach: they’re wearing a down jacket nine months out of the year.
    I live in L.A. and I do not even own a jacket. I'm from the northeast. In over 20 years here, never once have I thought or said, "It is cold."
    I think San Diego beaches might be a bit chillier — that or sex makes a difference. I’ve seen a lot of women, myself included, bundled up on beaches in La Jolla, Encinitas, Del Mar, etc. 

I’ll be bringing a warm shirt, a vest, and gloves today because my stiff, frozen fingers made typing the setlist a challenge last night. 🥶
    Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! I didn't say anything about sex on the beach!

Different people definitely have different levels of temperature tolerance, and women do seem to be more sensitive to cold on average than men, at least in my experience anyway. The ambient temperature last night was about 59 degrees, and that's without accounting for the thousands of people in close proximity radiating body heat. I guess I just feel like you're in "cool" territory at least until you get down to 50. Under 50 is cold. Under 32 is freezing. But I hear people in SoCal say it's "freezing" when it's 65 so these terms are definitely relative and imprecise as actually used.

I also spent most of the day yesterday in 85-degree heat, so the cool air was very welcome.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,080
    KN219077 said:
    Looks like a really unique set, nice to see it mixed up. Amongst the Waves shouldn’t be as rare as it is. Never thought they would bust out whale song, actually sounded pretty good on the YouTube clip I watched! Kinda actually jealous.
    Can’t stand the studio version but this live version is good!!! Nice surprise 
    Lost Dogs was the first studio album I grabbed from PJ, those songs are near and dear to me, even the odd ones like Whale Song.  It should remain a rarity, but that was a cool bustout. It’s kind of like some of the other oddball songs, play them once every few years and they keep their appeal.
  • jatimbojatimbo Posts: 98
    jatimbo said:
    Well, I’m old, so — yes.

I think you can tell who’s local at a SoCal beach: they’re wearing a down jacket nine months out of the year.
    I hear that!
  • jatimbojatimbo Posts: 98
    BF25394 said:
    jatimbo said:
    Well, I’m old, so — yes.

I live in L.A. and I do not even own a jacket. I'm from the northeast. In over 20 years here, never once have I thought or said, "It is cold."
    I think San Diego beaches might be a bit chillier — that or sex makes a difference. I’ve seen a lot of women, myself included, bundled up on beaches in La Jolla, Encinitas, Del Mar, etc. 

I’ll be bringing a warm shirt, a vest, and gloves today because my stiff, frozen fingers made typing the setlist a challenge last night. 🥶
    There’s something to that in San Diego for sure. LA is in the basin, the air is more still. Dana Point is the point, and well, I haven’t hung out there much. It could go either way. It’s been chilly in San Diego the past week if you ask me. Great sleeping weather though with all the fog! I was at the show today and was appropriately packed! Thanks to you cool peoples. Peace!