drummers

2»

Comments

• I am a drummer as well, into Peter Criss, Phil Rudd from AC/DC when I was a youngster.
    I'm a big Dave A. fan as far as cymbal work goes and really dig Jack's feel and ideas. All the way from ELEVEN..I was just listening to THUNK from ELEVEN. Get it...run out right now and get it....Ill wait.

Got it? Good.
    The first track is NATURE WANTS TO KILL ME and it is out of this world.
    Both Matt and Jack were on that record.
    I play drums in a Pearl Jam tribute band here in the Los Angeles area so it keeps me busy.
  • I'm a drummer. I play a Yamaha Stage Custom Fusion set. 10", 12", 14" toms, 14" steel snare, 22" bass. Play Zildjian cymabsl, 14" A Custom hats, 16" A Thin Crash, 20" K Custom Dry Ride, 8" A Custom Splash, 10" A Splash. Also have a 12" Wuhan China. Use Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks. Yamaha Flying Dragon Double Pedal.
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    drummin04 wrote:
    What's even more expensive is playing the drums AND the guitar......very hard to balance the money put into both....time too :(

Unless you have friends that play drums too and leave half their sets and equipment at your house! My friend and I are good enough at drums and guitar that we can switch at will whenever we run out of ideas. We could jam for days. One of my favorite things to do is just let a tape roll on record and get it all down. Many spontanious ideas have turned into structured songs.
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • Any of you drum folks have any experience with the Pearl Chad Smith sig snare?

I currently have a Pearl piccolo, steel shell, 13"x3", and the Sonor snare that came with my kit, a 14"x5.5" basswood shell. The piccolo is great, and I kinda like the Sonor, but I'm looking for a full-size that has a enough crack but a decent amount of body (to contrast with the piccolo).
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Any of you drum folks have any experience with the Pearl Chad Smith sig snare?

I currently have a Pearl piccolo, steel shell, 13"x3", and the Sonor snare that came with my kit, a 14"x5.5" basswood shell. The piccolo is great, and I kinda like the Sonor, but I'm looking for a full-size that has a enough crack but a decent amount of body (to contrast with the piccolo).

Dude, get the Chad Smith Sig. NOW!!! I have it and i am never getting another snare drum ever again. It has the full body and nice crack like you'll hear on any RHCP album, it's absolutely perfect.
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
    2012/09/02 - Made in America
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Dude, get the Chad Smith Sig. NOW!!! I have it and i am never getting another snare drum ever again. It has the full body and nice crack like you'll hear on any RHCP album, it's absolutely perfect.

You do realize the post you were commenting about was made two and a half years ago?
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • pjforeverpjforever Posts: 14
    i've been drumming for around 16-17 years, but i still have plenty to learn. i play a Roland V-Pro Series TD-20S. it is the most versatile drum kit you can imagine. the heads are way more comfortable (with better action) than an acoustic kit, plus the feature of adjustable volume fits well with my current living conditions. our band (3hree) plays mostly rock, but we tend to veer off into unknown and unchartered territories quite frequently. i also like to fiddle around on the keyboards as well. although i can't read music, surprisingly i have managed to sqeeze out some pretty nice compositions. everyone should try to get involved with an instrument, you may find it easier than you think.
    look into the eyes of the fallen.....you got to know there's another..another..another..another..way.