*** Boston, MA 2 Fanviews Here 9.17.24 ***

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    I had my criticisms of night 1 but last night was absolutely incredible. Easily top 10 show of the 52 I've seen maybe top 5. Impeccable flow and energy. I will say.Wreckage works WAY better as a groove after you've been pummeled for 45 minutes or so. Will probably think of more later.
  • BelieveYouMeBelieveYouMe Posts: 38
    edited September 18
    Great show last night, band sounded awesome, but agree with previous comment that it felt a little too much like a greatest hits setlist.  6 songs from Ten.  Boston missed out on the Gigaton tour.  Would have loved to hear more than one song from Gigaton which is an excellent album.  A couple more songs from Dark Matter too which I think is their best album since No Code / Yield.
    04-11-94. The Boston Gahden.  Boston, MA
    10-02-96. The Meadows.  Hartford, CT
    08-29-00. Tweeter Center.  Mansfield, MA
    07-02-03. Tweeter Center.  Mansfield, MA
    03-27-11. Tres Mts (with Jeff and Mike).  Paradise Rock Club.  Boston, MA  
    06-16-11. EV solo tour.  The Wang Theater.  Boston, MA
    09-03-11. Alpine Valley. PJ20.  East Troy, WI
    09-04-11. Alpine Valley. PJ20.  East Troy, WI
    09-04-18. Fenway Park.  Boston, MA
    09-17-24. Fenway Park.  Boston, MA
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,744
    edited September 18
    Great show.
    Pit was way more packed than night 1.
    Band was en fuego. Crowd was great.

Everyone was having a good time:

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier said:
    Great show.

Looks like you found yourself a very nice spot in the pit. 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Poncier said:
    Great show.

Had a good spot both nights. 
    Arrived at 7:45 Sunday (combination of having to wait till after 5 to leave and gnarly traffic), Pit had plenty of space at the edges. Started in front of Mike about 15 feet back, then moved and grabbed rail outside of Mike in front of the left side screen, which had a great view looking across the stage.

Got there just as Glen came on last night and got about 6 or so folks deep in front on Mike (I always head right to McCreadyville when in GA). 
    No lining up either time.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,145
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Great show.

Arrived at 7:45 Sunday (combination of having to wait till after 5 to leave and gnarly traffic), Pit had plenty of space at the edges. Started in front of Mike about 15 feet back, then moved and grabbed rail outside of Mike in front of the left side screen, which had a great view looking across the stage.

Got there just as Glen came on last night and got about 6 or so folks deep in front on Mike (I always head right to McCreadyville when in GA). 
    We we were right near you last night. Got there right as Glen was ending and ended up about 8 deep or so on Mike's side. Perfect spot. Theo Epstein was right behind me. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,497
    edited September 18
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Great show.

Yeah, it's definitely possible to get real fucking close without creating drama for yourself. If people want to line up in a GA line for 12+ hours? All the power to them. I prefer showing up 30 minutes before the band hits the stage, and being 5 feet behind those people who waited 12 hours. 

Those Boston shows both had some nice setlists. 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • JM55546 said:
    Holy shit. What a night. Was in the pit on Mike’s side. Untitled not going into MFC and into PT was a huge surprise. Black -> F’in Up -> Porch was a monster way to end the first set. The entire Encore was amazing. What a way to end the tour. 
    Looks like a great show, but I'm going with one of the Seattle shows as my download as they had the most Dark Matter songs.

BTW, I'm not sure why Sea, Pearl Jam, and others don't refer to 'Untitled' as 'Red Dot' or at least 'Untitled/Red Dot.'  

Because obviously the 'Got a Car Improv' was released as 'Untitled' on Live on Two Legs.  

So there are errors in the Discography/Songs stats as they're both melded into one song in the stat count, which is incorrect.

I suggest formerly naming them 'Red Dot (instrumental)' and 'Untitled (Got a Car improv).' 
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,415
    N2 has what should be the staple song length. PJ has enough shorter songs. 2.5 hours should never be less then 27 songs. 

27 to 29 really should be the normal.

Outside of the usual repeats was a nice set overall. Prefer it to n1 but then this show really lacked that "oh shit they are doing that" type moment like n1 had with blood. 

This setlist flowed great. Loved the early evenflow. 

This setlist flowed great. Loved the early evenflow. 
    That really got the crowd going from the jump.

I do wonder however how the jaded PJ fans handled having to take their piss break during the 2nd song of the night when they probably had only finished half a beer. :lol:
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,227
    edited September 18
    Last night was a great night, and I'm glad my wife was with me for N2 as opposed to N1. (last night was a better setlist for her, whereas N1 was right up my alley) 

Elderly to lead off and Evenflow in the 2 hole were great; OG Corduroy, Save You, Not for You & Waiting for Stevie were the highlights for me. 

Having said all that, I guess I'm in the minority in that I enjoyed N1 more. Both sets were fun, but not only did N1 have more surprises, but N2 had more momentum killers (NGL, Present Tense was a kick in the nuts when I was expecting MFC after Untitled [have they done that before? Untitled -> PT?])

Fuckin' Up in the main set before Porch was odd; and Patriot -> Fall Slow didn't do much to pick it back up for me. It's nit-picky, I know, but I would prefer to hear some PJ songs there. I can't complain too much about the covers though, it was the longest set of the tour, and A for effort in that regard. 

Last night was also MUCH louder than N1, which surprised me as I was in the pit Sunday and 4 rows behind the Sox dugout last night (I have to think the sound from those hanging speakers went right over me 3 nights ago). Sound was also a bit muffled at times, but that's what you get at the stadium shows, unfortunately. 

All in all, it was a great two night stand. The band is in great form, and seem to be having a blast at every show I saw this year. These last few shows I saw definitely seem like a return to pre-Covid form, which was really nice to see.

Thanks for coming back to Boston, fellas. (please come back to the Garden next time... Arenas >>>>>>> Stadiums ) 
  • JimmyV said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Great show.

We we were right near you last night. Got there right as Glen was ending and ended up about 8 deep or so on Mike's side. Perfect spot. Theo Epstein was right behind me. 
    I was right behind Theo and his boys. They came in kinda hot and got in front of a guy and his girlfriend/wife. She was not happy. They eventually moved down.  I think David Ross might have been with them? Couldn't recognize him for sure. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    N2 has what should be the staple song length. PJ has enough shorter songs. 2.5 hours should never be less then 27 songs. 

27 to 29 really should be the normal
    Light banter night for Ed which I think was a big contributing factor to this
  • mpedonempedone Posts: 1,946
    Last night was a great night, and I'm glad my wife was with me for N2 as opposed to N1. (last night was a better setlist for her, whereas N1 was right up my alley) 

Elderly to lead off and Evenflow in the 2 hole were great; OG Corduroy, Save You, Not for You & Waiting for Stevie were the highlights for me. 

Having said all that, I guess I'm in the minority in that I enjoyed N1 more. Both sets were fun, but not only did N1 have more surprises, but N2 had more momentum killers (NGL, Present Tense was a kick in the nuts when I was expecting MFC after Untitled [have they done that before? Untitled -> PT?])

Fuckin' Up in the main set before Porch was odd; and Patriot -> Fall Slow didn't do much to pick it back up for me. It's nit-picky, I know, but I would prefer to hear some PJ songs there. I can't complain too much about the covers though, it was the longest set of the tour, and A for effort in that regard. 

Last night was also MUCH louder than N1, which surprised me as I was in the pit Sunday and 4 rows behind the Sox dugout last night (I have to think the sound from those hanging speakers went right over me 3 nights ago). Sound was also a bit muffled at times, but that's what you get at the stadium shows, unfortunately. 

All in all, it was a great two night stand. The band is in great form, and seem to be having a blast at every show I saw this year. These last few shows I saw definitely seem like a return to pre-Covid form, which was really nice to see.

Thanks for coming back to Boston, fellas. (please come back to the Garden next time... Arenas >>>>>>> Stadiums ) 
    I don't know about Untitled into Present Tense, I'm Open was scratched in favor of Untitled, so I'm guessing not.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    pjl44 said:

27 to 29 really should be the normal
    Light banter night for Ed which I think was a big contributing factor to this
    yep...and no drawn out Corduroy
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

I complain about covers but I do love Fuckin Up and Crazy Mary. I'm mainly done with Baba, RITFW, Patriot, etc.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,341
    There’s so many PJ songs EV can do solo in that spot. Sucks it’s the same 2-3 covers or just breathe. All that aside, this leg has been pretty aweseom. 

I complain about covers but I do love Fuckin Up and Crazy Mary. I'm mainly done with Baba, RITFW, Patriot, etc.
    I would take Baba over RITFW all day every day - Patriot hits me in the feels for dumb reasons, but I've also heard it several times. Not sure why Ed doesn't join Glenn during the opening set as opposed to PJ's set, but maybe the rest of the band enjoys the break, IDK. 

nicknyr15 said:
    There’s so many PJ songs EV can do solo in that spot. Sucks it’s the same 2-3 covers or just breathe. All that aside, this leg has been pretty aweseom. 
    This leg has totally renewed my faith in them. The setlists may be shorter, but Philly 1 & both Fenway shows showed me they can still bring it. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,341

I would take Baba over RITFW all day every day - Patriot hits me in the feels for dumb reasons, but I've also heard it several times. Not sure why Ed doesn't join Glenn during the opening set as opposed to PJ's set, but maybe the rest of the band enjoys the break, IDK. 

nicknyr15 said:
    This leg has totally renewed my faith in them. The setlists may be shorter, but Philly 1 & both Fenway shows showed me they can still bring it. 
    Absolutely. They’re inching closer and closer to 30 too. Which means they’re feeling good. At the same time though, 25-27 seems like a perfect balance. 
  • DAVEPJDAVEPJ Posts: 22
    Simply Epic.  Need a few days to digest still

he'e nalu

Fuckin' up over RITFW 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. If you're gonna cover Neil, stick with Fuckin' up (or have Mike take on Like a Hurricane!)

• Heck of a view from the Aura Pavillion! Pretty incredible set for my first PJ show. I will be back! That is for certain!
  • JM55546 said:
    Holy shit. What a night. Was in the pit on Mike’s side. Untitled not going into MFC and into PT was a huge surprise. Black -> F’in Up -> Porch was a monster way to end the first set. The entire Encore was amazing. What a way to end the tour. 
    Looks like a great show, but I'm going with one of the Seattle shows as my download as they had the most Dark Matter songs.

BTW, I'm not sure why Sea, Pearl Jam, and others don't refer to 'Untitled' as 'Red Dot' or at least 'Untitled/Red Dot.'  

Because obviously the 'Got a Car Improv' was released as 'Untitled' on Live on Two Legs.  

So there are errors in the Discography/Songs stats as they're both melded into one song in the stat count, which is incorrect.

I suggest formerly naming them 'Red Dot (instrumental)' and 'Untitled (Got a Car improv).' 
    "Got a car got some gas" - that's Untitled. Almost always followed by MFC (apparently not yesterday).

Did they play Red Dot last night? I thought that has never been played.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    JM55546 said:

Untitled isn't Red Dot...listen to Red Dot

• Incredible, emotional version of Untitled and a nice surprise moving into Present Tense (as much as I love MFC). Great synergy between the guys--it's so fun to see them enjoying each other after all this time. Stone was really on one. Unthought was a great upper and the crowd responded. Loved Fuckin Up in the first set, also Save You is such a great live song. High energy from start to end. Maybe someday they'll bring back an electric Parting Ways set-ender but I have no complaints. An honor to see these guys! and did not take it for granted. 
  • RB182283 said:
    Incredible, emotional version of Untitled and a nice surprise moving into Present Tense (as much as I love MFC). Great synergy between the guys--it's so fun to see them enjoying each other after all this time. Stone was really on one. Unthought was a great upper and the crowd responded. Loved Fuckin Up in the first set, also Save You is such a great live song. High energy from start to end. Maybe someday they'll bring back an electric Parting Ways set-ender but I have no complaints. An honor to see these guys! and did not take it for granted. 
    Stone definitely seemed to take more solos than previous tours. Totally agree that they seemed to be enjoying playing together, I was struck by that both nights. A band playing together for over 30 years and still having fun playing live.....that's special. 
    Mansfield, Massachusetts (July 11, 2003)
    Boston, Massachusetts (September 28, 2004)
    Boston, Massachusetts (May 25, 2006)
    Boston Night 2 (August 07, 2016)
    Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018)
    Boston Night 2 (September 04, 2018)
    Boston Night 1 (September 15, 2024)
    Boston Night 2 (September 17, 2024)

• JM55546 said:

Untitled is from Live on two legs and red dot is a different song, that’s why 
  • My 3 show DM run has ended. I truly wish I got to do a run with them every year. It’s such a rush and I love hearing everyone’s experience through these boards. 4 show run through Texas last year and NYC/BOS this year has been a blast. I have to assume there won’t be much on the road next year from them, if any at all. I definitely don’t take these lightly as I know at some point, sooner than later, this will come to an end. I’m sure we’ll always have EV out there touring but the entire band? I would guess not. But what do I know. Last night was great! I love Untitled but to think I was so close to I’m Open…😣. Seats felt a little better from N1. Hopefully 10c can get a better allotment because behind that net with the infield open space still makes for a disconnect. Crowd felt louder than N1 and that full moon was just stunning. I feel so honored to have seen all 6 Fenway shows. I know a lot of folks hate the venue for music but it’s still so cool to hear your favorite band and then look at the facade or see the Citgo sign and just get tingles all over. As a guy originally from Texas, after over a decade of coming to this great ballpark for games and shows, I still have to pinch myself that I get to frequent this place. It’s special. I don’t care what anyone says. I’m glad merch felt easier these last few years. Seems prints are easier to grab, which is all I really buy. Not sure if less folks are buying them or if they are making more but I’m glad they are readily available with a little effort. Those have become my ticket stubs, stickers too. Can’t speak to clothing since I don’t get that stuff anymore. I have enough hats/shirts. But I couldn’t pass up some PJ Red Socks because well duh. They’ll be great for opening day next year. Over all band and team are doing an amazing job on these tours and I’m appreciative to continue to get to be a part of it. I can’t wait to do it all again soon. Although I expect a little break next year. Thank you PJ and 10c. It’s been another great tour! ✌🏽
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
    RB182283 said:
    Incredible, emotional version of Untitled and a nice surprise moving into Present Tense (as much as I love MFC). Great synergy between the guys--it's so fun to see them enjoying each other after all this time. Stone was really on one. Unthought was a great upper and the crowd responded. Loved Fuckin Up in the first set, also Save You is such a great live song. High energy from start to end. Maybe someday they'll bring back an electric Parting Ways set-ender but I have no complaints. An honor to see these guys! and did not take it for granted. 
    Stone definitely seemed to take more solos than previous tours. Totally agree that they seemed to be enjoying playing together, I was struck by that both nights. A band playing together for over 30 years and still having fun playing live.....that's special. 
    One of my biggest takeaways from this tour is how much fun Stone was having playing some of the new stuff, particularly React Respond. 
  • JB29354JB29354 Posts: 22
    What Boston song was tagged during YL?  Recognized but it was too short to name in the moment.
    1996: Augusta 9/26 1998: Mansfield 9/15 Mansfield 9/16 2000: Jones Beach I 8/23 Mansfield I 8/29 Las Vegas 10/22
    2003: Albany 4/29 Mansfield I 7/2 Mansfield II 7/3 MSG I 7/8 Mansfield III 7/11 2004: Boston I 9/28 Boston II 9/29
    2006: Boston I 5/24 Boston II 5/25 2008: Hartford 6/27 2010: Boston 5/17
    2013: Worcester I 10/15, Hartford 10/25 2016: Quebec City 5/5 Fenway 8/5, Fenway 8/7 2018: Fenway 9/2, Fenway 9/4 2024: ???