Options

Desert Island Gear Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Own:
    Jazzmaster --> Jackhammer (yet to buy a TS9...:() --> London City MkV

Could Own: Jazzmaster w/ Seymour Duncan Pups --> Ibanez TS9DX (for versatility) --> Fender Twin

Dream: '65 Jazzmaster --> Ibanez TS808 --> '59 Bassman / '65? Super Reverb

and a beer with that, please
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by pariah
    Own:

Could Own: Jazzmaster w/ Seymour Duncan Pups --> Ibanez TS9DX (for versatility) --> Fender Twin

Cool. you ever tried a Guv nor? They are pretty versitle.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    I wish I had... didn't know shit about guitars or pedals when I bought the Jackhammer, same for the Jazz (which I don't regret though... almost bought an Ibanez JS100.. thank god) so I only tried a DS-1, an XT-1 (that was a WEIRD piece of gear :D) and the Marshall. I have to travel a helluva distance to try pedals anyway... but next time i'll check the Guv'nor. Heard good things about it.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Options
    WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    Do Own:

'72 Custom Tele Reissue ---> TS9 ---> '73 Bassman 10

Could Own:

'57 Reissue Strat ---> TS9 ---> Orange AD30R

Wishlist:

'59 Strat ---> TS9 ---> Trentino

But really, one effect? I'd so want my wah too. arrrg. Plus I'd want to run a couple amps...the orange and my bassman would sound great. 2nd to the trentino would be a '59 bassman.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • Options
    "'72 Custom Tele Reissue "

What a friggin kick ass guitar. I think they should make an american made one that comes with a case and a 6 saddle brdige and a noiseless single in the bridge.

Did you replace their humbucker with a duncan or is it pretty good what it came with?
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Options
    Own:

You'll understand that I have too update this...:)

Own: JM --> JH-1 --> LCMkV

Own within a reasonable amount of time: Jazzmaster --> TS9DX --> Hiwatt Custom 50 HELL YEAH into a Marshall 4x10

Dream: '65 Jazz --> Whatever TS works best (prolly TS808) --> Hiwatt Custom 50 HELL YEAH into 6 Hiwatt 4x12 Cabinets

I could sit in the shades of those with one helluva sound and my previously ordered beer. Ah... the sweet taste of Perfection...
  • Options
    You'll understand that I have too update this...:)

Own: JM --> JH-1 --> LCMkV

Own within a reasonable amount of time: Jazzmaster --> TS9DX --> Hiwatt Custom 50 HELL YEAH into a Marshall 4x10

Dream: '65 Jazz --> Whatever TS works best (prolly TS808) --> Hiwatt Custom 50 HELL YEAH into 6 Hiwatt 4x12 Cabinets

I could sit in the shades of those with one helluva sound and my previously ordered beer. Ah... the sweet taste of Perfection...

If you plan on the 6 hiwatt cabs, might I suggest you up that to around 24 Hiwatt Cabs the Custom 50 and 3x300 watt all tube mullard EL-34 equpped Hiwatt Slave Amps?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    If you plan on the 6 hiwatt cabs, might I suggest you up that to around 24 Hiwatt Cabs the Custom 50 and 3x300 watt all tube mullard EL-34 equpped Hiwatt Slave Amps?

Ooooo... Hiwatt slaves...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Ooooo... Hiwatt slaves...

see jacques, hiwatt page, http://www.ts808.com

lovely. Loud darlings, Imagine 1200 watts of Mullard EL-34's

Glowing Tube Bliss.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    see jacques, hiwatt page, http://www.ts808.com

lovely. Loud darlings, Imagine 1200 watts of Mullard EL-34's

Glowing Tube Bliss.

Yes, I am familiar...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.