Belated pix

2»

Comments

• sustainediasustainedia Posts: 112
    can you really tell a difference between the mig 60 and the mig 50?
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    can you really tell a difference between the mig 60 and the mig 50?

There's a slight tonal difference in the way they get 60 watts over 50. The bigger difference is in a little more clean headroom (the volume before the amp goes into overdrive). If you like a gritty amp, the Mig 50 is GREAT.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    what's yer address and when will you be out for an hour or 2? :D
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
    El_Kabong wrote:
    what's yer address and when will you be out for an hour or 2? :D

What, you wanna steal my shit? Or just play on it for a while?
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    That's actually a Gibson web thingy... I love that...

Yeah man, that was hilarious. People would instantly think of me. Nice pedalboard as well, nice and neat. I'm putting the keeley rat on hold so I can get a pedal power 2 and cut down on my buzzzzzzz.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
    i know this is a belated post, but how much does that danelectro guitar go for. there is one for sale in a pawn shop near my house. it is all cream color. i didn't even ask how much they wanted for it.

in other news, i got my sovtek amp, running it through four vintage 30's that i got from avatarspeakers.com. don't even need a distortion pedal anymore, and the clean is unbelievable. took it to am amp tech to have it biased, cleaned, tightened, and he changed the cathode resister and modified channel 2 for a little more gain/clarity. $80 well spent.
    i know this is a belated post, but how much does that danelectro guitar go for. there is one for sale in a pawn shop near my house. it is all cream color. i didn't even ask how much they wanted for it.

in other news, i got my sovtek amp, running it through four vintage 30's that i got from avatarspeakers.com. don't even need a distortion pedal anymore, and the clean is unbelievable. took it to am amp tech to have it biased, cleaned, tightened, and he changed the cathode resister and modified channel 2 for a little more gain/clarity. $80 well spent.

Hard to say what the value of the Dan-O's are. If it's a reissue, not much... maybe $250 tops. If it's vintage... impossible to put a value on it. They weren't expensive guitars to begin with, and they aren't in the highest demand. The pickups on mine are worth a bit, being original lipstick pups (as in, actually encased in surplus lipstick tubes) but the rest is pretty beat. I'd say mine is worth $400, give or take. A vintage model in amazing condition would probably top out at $700.

How are you switching channels on the Sovtek? Or are you switching channels at all? I keep thinking of putting an A/B/Y in front of mine. But it seems to be treating you well... I'm pleased... ;)
    Hard to say what the value of the Dan-O's are. If it's a reissue, not much... maybe $250 tops. If it's vintage... impossible to put a value on it. They weren't expensive guitars to begin with, and they aren't in the highest demand. The pickups on mine are worth a bit, being original lipstick pups (as in, actually encased in surplus lipstick tubes) but the rest is pretty beat. I'd say mine is worth $400, give or take. A vintage model in amazing condition would probably top out at $700.

How are you switching channels on the Sovtek? Or are you switching channels at all? I keep thinking of putting an A/B/Y in front of mine. But it seems to be treating you well... I'm pleased... ;)

the thing about this amp, the more i play it, the more i love it. i just went and jammed on it for 14 minutes and found that if i hook my ds-1 in, i can get good distortion. i only use channel 2. if i turn it to 7, i can get clean on my strat with the guitar volume at 5. i can get okay overdrive if i then turn the guitar volume to 7. i may have confused the overdrive with distortion in my earlier post.

i also have an ibanez sa something with a duncan jb h/b in the bridge postion. this thing is so sweet with the sovtek turned up to 9. my guitar tech sold me an old power soak tom scholz for 50 bucks. i looked on ebay and there are two selling for at least 90. with this i can turn the sovtek up to 9 to get the o/d, then lower the overall volume. it fucking rocks, and the clean tone on the strat is just unbelievable. i never thought i'd be at a place where i could say i never had to buy another amp or cab again, but i am seriously at that place. with the 4x12 vintage 30's, oh my god!!! i'm done. just need a delay pedal cause' i've been playing a song regularly through my old amp with built in delay and now i have none. we gig a few times a month, so if i ever bought a second cab, it would strictly be for unnecessay balls.

i have an aby switch, and some have used that to run their signal through both channels at the same time. i'm not sure this would be to my liking, but i'm going to try it soon. the second channel just sounds so good.
    i have an aby switch, and some have used that to run their signal through both channels at the same time. i'm not sure this would be to my liking, but i'm going to try it soon. the second channel just sounds so good.

I usually run mine thru channel 2 (unmodded) at the point where my P-90's or humbuckers want to overdrive if I REALLY lean into it. That gives me a great edgy clean that drives just a little if I want to (this is usually somewhere around 12 o'clock). I can then use my compressor and my two tubescreamers to achieve a bunch of different tonal overdrive options. It's really great because I run the amp where the power tubes are saturating, so overdriving it will push the power tubes a little, giving me full-body drive versus just regular preamp drive. I've plugged an SG directly into it and cranked it a few times, and it does have a great character all by itself, but that's just too loud for most of what I do. But if I was ever in an AC/DC tribute band, I'd just plug straight into the Sovtek and crank the motherfuck out of it.

I would like to use an A/B/Y with it just to see if I can get a brighter clean thru channel one to use as an additional tonal option... and I think it would be interesting to see what it does when you run both preamps at once. They'll blend a little just plugged into one channel, but I'd like to see what it can do if it's wired up specifically for that purpose.

Cool... well, enjoy!