Belated pix

mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Some of you might wanna see some of the stuff I've been chatting about:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v326/mccreadyisgod/

Password is: mig

Enjoy!
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i have a guitar that looks uncannily similar to the acoustic in the last picture.

what brand is it?

also i love your tele's and equipment.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • that tele is exactly the one that i want!! how much u pay for it?

why 2 TS9?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    i have a guitar that looks uncannily similar to the acoustic in the last picture.

what brand is it?

also i love your tele's and equipment.

looks like one of those gibson banner ads. so id go with that

yea. hot shit
  • "why 2 TS9?"

I believe ones a mod plus, and the other a baked mod. The baked mod offers more distortion. Supposedly 3x as much overdrive.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nice nice stuff dave.

2 keeleys and a shannon OD. excellent.

nice axes too.

the amps pretty much take the cake though.

That sovtek on the weber cab is lovely.

then of course the vibro champ....

is the L6 a tap trem?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • MIG - how do you like the goldtop Fender Custom Tele Special? I've had my eye on that tele, looks absolutely gorgeous. How does it play...the only thing i might not like are the jumbo frets.

i notice that MF is giving away a hardshell case if you get the axe...soo tempting, but the new amp and effects have depleted my bank account. Also a little unsure about buying a guitar i've never played...how was it out of the box?

damn man, you're pedalboard, guitars, and amps are awesome. I'm truely jealous. And is the dynacomp a re-issue or original?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    i have a guitar that looks uncannily similar to the acoustic in the last picture.

what brand is it?

That's actually a Gibson web thingy... I love that...
    that tele is exactly the one that i want!! how much u pay for it?

why 2 TS9?

Which Tele?

I have a Keeley Plus mod and Keeley Baked mod Tubescreamers.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    That sovtek on the weber cab is lovely.

is the L6 a tap trem?

The Weber is no longer mine, I finally sold it. Great cab, but it wasn't suited to the Sovtek. My Marshall cab is perfect with it. But the Weber belongs to my close friend/roommate, so I have access.

The L6 is, in fact, the Tap Tremolo.
    MIG - how do you like the goldtop Fender Custom Tele Special? I've had my eye on that tele, looks absolutely gorgeous. How does it play...the only thing i might not like are the jumbo frets.

i notice that MF is giving away a hardshell case if you get the axe...soo tempting, but the new amp and effects have depleted my bank account. Also a little unsure about buying a guitar i've never played...how was it out of the box?

I missed the free hard case. That sucks. I also missed another promo where they were giving away a free Fender tuner, which pissed me off. Oh well.

I love the look of it, and the body feels great. The pickups have a good tone, and they tap REALLY well, but they're not what I want (classic Les Paul).

The jumbo frets are very much jumbo... it's even taken me some time to adjust.

The setup right out of the box was okay, but needed some help. The biggest thing was that the fretboard was bone-dry.

And is the dynacomp a re-issue or original?

It's an original reissue, not a new reissue. But not an original script logo.
  • Which Tele?

I have a Keeley Plus mod and Keeley Baked mod Tubescreamers.

the white and and metalic red pickguard...i think its called nashville im not sure
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    that nashville tele was a killer find.
    yeah the nashville tele is hot, i don't see many in white, it looks really good with the red PG.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    exhausted wrote:
    that nashville tele was a killer find.

I don't dare mention what I paid for it...

But yeah, I was gonna buy a new one, but I really wanted the Arctic White (which has been discontinued), so when I walked into the local shop and saw this one, used (but barely), in Arctic White, I jumped.

Can't wait to flop the pups and see what she can do...
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    you'd said what you paid for it when you first got it. a great deal if i remember correctly.
  • sustainediasustainedia Posts: 112
    can you describe the tone of the sovtek? could i get some nirvana-ish tone if i bought one. i saw them going on ebay for 350-400 and i'm reading positive reviews on harmonycentral. i know someone will probably ask, so i have a b-52 4x12 (400 watt handling) that i'm currently powering with a marshall hd100fx. (100 watt.) so i'd be using the b-52 with the sovtek.
  • I don't dare mention what I paid for it...

But yeah, I was gonna buy a new one, but I really wanted the Arctic White (which has been discontinued), so when I walked into the local shop and saw this one, used (but barely), in Arctic White, I jumped.

Can't wait to flop the pups and see what she can do...

i found it on zzsounds for 519$
  • ah shit they only offer it in 2 colors but one of the images you can see is in arctic white
    ah shit they only offer it in 2 colors but one of the images you can see is in arctic white

They have an ash blonde, which is close, but you can see the woodgrain. Arctic white is discontinued. It's possible they have back-stock. And I paid $380 with a hard case.
    can you describe the tone of the sovtek? could i get some nirvana-ish tone if i bought one. i saw them going on ebay for 350-400 and i'm reading positive reviews on harmonycentral. i know someone will probably ask, so i have a b-52 4x12 (400 watt handling) that i'm currently powering with a marshall hd100fx. (100 watt.) so i'd be using the b-52 with the sovtek.

A Sovtek lies almost perfectly between the tone of a Fender Bassman and a Marshall Plexi. It's very easy to get different tones from it, depending on what drive/distortion pedals you use with it. It might be a little "brown" compared to the Nirvana tone, which tends to be brighter, but it's still an amazing amp.

Oh, and a Mig 60 might be better for you. A few extra watts wouldn't hurt, although the Mig 100 would be a little too much (unless you want lots of clean headroom).
  • They have an ash blonde, which is close, but you can see the woodgrain. Arctic white is discontinued. It's possible they have back-stock. And I paid $380 with a hard case.

380 for the guitar?!?! thats not expensive at all
    380 for the guitar?!?! thats not expensive at all

No...

But once I spend $320 on new pups, $30 on a new pickguard, and $80-100 in labor, it'll be a little less reasonable, albeit much more pleasing.

I guess I can sell the old pups on eBay, for maybe $80 altogether.

open up the B-52 cab and swap the speakers to a lower wattage more british sounding speaker like a vintage 30 celestion, greenback or Fane, or whatever your favorite flavor is and that will help you achieve the tone you seek too.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    open up the B-52 cab and swap the speakers to a lower wattage more british sounding speaker like a vintage 30 celestion, greenback or Fane, or whatever your favorite flavor is and that will help you achieve the tone you seek too.

From http://www.kurtsequipment.com:

"Marshall 4x12 cabinets, visable in most any concert footage or photographs. For the live set-up on the "Nevermind" tour (very similar to the setup for "Nevermind" album), the individual speakers were 25 watt Greenbacks, 75 watt Celestions, and then Vintage 30's (Kurt's favorite). The predominant speakers of this tour were the Celestion 75's. I believe Jim Vincent told me the speakers during the "In Utero" tour were 25 watt Greenbacks, but Earnie says they were Vintage 30's. During their last tour Kurt used 8 cabinets, Chris 8, and Pat 4. Pat received Kurt's old 4x12's with the Celestion 75's when Kurt got his new ones with the V30's."

I want to put a Vintage 30 in the top of my new Peavey 2x12" cab to go with my Sovtek. I'm pretty set on getting a Peavey Sheffield speaker for the bottom. But I agree... some V30's would really make a lot of difference if you want to get Kurt's tone.
  • Don't know about you but I love my danelectro dc. I have a red one, and just finally started having major intonation problems, I just bought an adjustable bridge for it, but have yet to put it on. I've found tons of uses for that little prize when recording thats for sure.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
    Don't know about you but I love my danelectro dc. I have a red one, and just finally started having major intonation problems, I just bought an adjustable bridge for it, but have yet to put it on. I've found tons of uses for that little prize when recording thats for sure.

How old is yours?

Mine dates to the mid-50's. Wish I could pinpoint it, but it's unbelievably difficult to date.
  • How old is yours?

Mine dates to the mid-50's. Wish I could pinpoint it, but it's unbelievably difficult to date.

Well unfortunately mines a fake one, from five or so years ago when the name came back and they released replicas of those. So I don't have a true gem like yourself (unfortunately).
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

Well unfortunately mines a fake one, from five or so years ago when the name came back and they released replicas of those. So I don't have a true gem like yourself (unfortunately).

Well, yours probably isn't a pain in the ass to have around, either, so...
  • Well, yours probably isn't a pain in the ass to have around, either, so...

Whats the negatives on your end?

I have to be honest for the $175 I paid for it new, its built like a tank (except for the lack of adjustable bridge), and I'm taking care of that part with a $50 part. I love the tone, I love it clean, love it slightly over driven, love it full out overdriven etc.... Its a great filler guitar in my mind.

I wish I would of bought the bass version of it too. Unfortunately none of those are made anymore (for some reason they dropped the retro crap and make crappy guitars and basses that have nothing to do with the past). Used bass's are about $350-$400 anymore, I'd rather get a Peavey T-40 for that price!

Whats the negatives on your end?

It's a 50-year-old guitar that's made of balsa and formica.

More specific: The neck is developing a slight twist, and it needs a fret re-dress (maybe a recrown and polish as well). The aluminum nut is the worst idea anyone ever had for a guitar. The bridge needs a new wood saddle. A previous owner put decorative brads along the lower body edge (see all the pinholes in the pictures?) with nails. I think they were planning on doing the whole border, but ran out of brads or motivation, or realized how stupid the idea was. The nail holes need to be filled, with either Bond-O or wood filler, and then sanded even and painted. The original plastic strap button on the neck joint broke off, so I put straplocks on there, but now it's not completely original. And the switch and pots need to be gutted and cleaned, if not replaced.

About the only good thing about the entire guitar is the pickups. Original Dan-o pups in original surplus lipstick tubes. The pickups by themselves are probably worth more than they are with the guitar attached.