Philadelphia Spectrum S - Pearl Jam

Anyone who grew up or lived in the Philly area between 1967 and 2009 can tell you their first Flyers game, Sixers game or Concert at the Spectrum. It was "America's Showplace" and a building that created so many memories for everyone until it was demolished in 2010. Prior to the demolition there was an auction so people can have a piece of the Spectrum forever. In this auction, I purchased the 'S' that spelled SPECTRUM on the side of the arena. 

I did not have a plan for what I was going to do with this piece of history but as I saw that the city was not doing anything to preserve the memories of the Spectrum, I took it upon myself to take on that role. At the last concert at the Spectrum, Eddie said "If the Romans kept their Coliseum, why can't we keep ours?" This quote really stood out to me as I stood in the Spectrum one last time that night and years later I wanted to make sure that although our "Coliseum" is no longer here, the memories did not die. This quote is also on the homepage of the Philly Spectrum S website as it had such a big role in why I started the project. 

The Philly Spectrum S has now been signed by nearly 120 legends who made the Spectrum special including Philadelphia FlyersPhiladelphia SixersMusicians and more (picture is attached of what it currently looks like). As we are all music fans, I am sure you will appreciate Roger DaltreyGregg AllmanGene SimmonsSteven TylerBrian WilsonDavid CrosbyAnn Wilson and so many more rock legends

One of my TOP targets for the project is obviously Pearl Jam as they played the 4 shows to close the Spectrum down. So far, Jeff Ament & Mike McCready have signed and I would love to add the rest of the band. Let's spread the word and try and get Pearl Jam represented on this piece of Philly/Music history.

Either way, I am looking forward to seeing my favorite band 5 times in 12 days which started last night at Madison Square Garden. Hope to see some of you in Philly, Baltimore and Boston. 

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,709
    Hey! I follow this guy on twitter!
    www.myspace.com
  • battle1battle1 Posts: 127
    Amazing 422.  Just fucking amazing. Bravo, brother. 

I have 2 of the red floor chairs.  During the Stern performance you can see Mike and Stone sitting in red Spectrum chairs.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,709
    battle1 said:
    Amazing 422.  Just fucking amazing. Bravo, brother. 

I have 2 of the red floor chairs.  During the Stern performance you can see Mike and Stone sitting in red Spectrum chairs.  
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/102410/philadelphia-home-of-pearl-jam/p1
    www.myspace.com
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,763
    Hey! I follow this guy on twitter!

I am.
  • B.O.J.11B.O.J.11 Posts: 123
    S!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,478
    I got the F and the U from the First Union Center sign. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16