Options

Eddie Won!!!

Comments

• Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    was there any doubt?
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    fyreguy73fyreguy73 Posts: 168
    Do you really think he cares if he won or not? We are talking about Ed Vedder arent we!
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

I wish I was the verb "to trust"
    and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Am I the only one who understands that the GGs are an absolute pile of crap, a massive fraud, an in-joke by the entertainment industry that laughs at all the suckers who takes this seriously that has a history of handing out awards based on celebrity rather than quality?
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Hinny wrote:
    Am I the only one who understands that the GGs are an absolute pile of crap, a massive fraud, an in-joke by the entertainment industry that laughs at all the suckers who takes this seriously that has a history of handing out awards based on celebrity rather than quality?

Well yes, this is correct. Unless of course Cate Blanchett or Eddie win, in which case they are a highly prestigious and thoroughly deserved recognition of brilliance! ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Oh, that is fantastic...

I was wondering if the ceremony had been cancelled because the organisers were afraid of another typical Eddie speech:p...I wanted to hear those ironic sentences so badly:)

ANYWAY, Guaranteed is a beautiful song, I love it so much!!! (the entire OST is fantastic!)
    CONGRATULATIONS, ED!!!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    Congratulations Eddie, you are the best. So, what's next, Oscar.... Grammy?
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Congrats Eddie, Oscartime Is Next

congrats EV...u deserve it
    hopefully all this solo won't go to your head
    Fans want a tour!!!
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    PJ17MKDPJ17MKD Posts: 136
    congrats Ed...

you were robbed at the Critics Choice awards & the last time with Man Of The Hour also at the Globes...

and be cool at the Oscars, don't wear a tie and make us proud :)...

& please hurry with the new Pearl Jam album, its about fracking time :D...
  • Options
    I agree with you!!!

Ed, you deserve it!!!! You are the best!!

Love, Gi
    Ricsard wrote:
    Oh, that is fantastic...

I was wondering if the ceremony had been cancelled because the organisers were afraid of another typical Eddie speech:p...I wanted to hear those ironic sentences so badly:)

ANYWAY, Guaranteed is a beautiful song, I love it so much!!! (the entire OST is fantastic!)
    CONGRATULATIONS, ED!!!
    I wish I was the verb to trust that never let you down
  • Options
    who the hell is eddie
    saw things so much clearer
  • Options
    yorkieyorkie Posts: 32
    :D:D:D well deserved
    Wembley 96 ~ Dublin 00 ~ Manchester 00 ~ Leeds 06 ~ Wembley 07 ~ Manchester 09 oh yes!
  • Options
    Congrats!!
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    Yahhhhooooo! Time to open the chamagne... Or the almighty red... Or pop soda/ grapejuice... Or whatever. Congrats.
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    stateesha wrote:
    A Golden Globe!

Good news! :) i wonder if those people can after all differentiate between crap and real honest music
  • Options
    Rock_Princess_18Rock_Princess_18 Chicago, IL Posts: 304
    Congrats Ed! :)
    "All the things that others want for me.. can't buy what I want because it's free!"

9/13/2005 Hamilton, ON; 9/19/2005 Toronto, ON; 5/10/2006 Toronto, ON; 6/23/2006 Pittsburgh, PA; 8/5/2007 Chicago, IL; 6/24/2008 New York, NY; 6/25/2008 New York, NY; 8/21/2009 Toronto, ON; 8/23/2009 Chicago, IL; 8/24/2009 Chicago, IL; 5/9/2010 Cleveland, OH; 5/10/2010 Buffalo, NY; 5/20/2010 New York, NY; 5/21/2010 New York, NY; 9/3/2011 Alpine Valley, WI; 9/4/2011 Alpine Valley, WI; 9/11/2011 Toronto, ON; 9/12/2011 Toronto, ON; 9/15/2011 Hamilton, ON; 9/2/2012 Philadelphia, PA; 10/12/2013 Buffalo, NY; 10/18/2013 Brooklyn, NY; 10/19/2013 Brooklyn, NY; 10/17/2014 Moline, IL; 10/20/2014 Milwaukee, WI; 4/18/2016 Hampton, VA; 4/21/2016 Columbia, SC; 5/1/2016 New York, NY; 5/2/2016 New York, NY; 8/20/2016 Chicago, IL; 8/22/2016 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    wow, I just read this and had no idea he won! (because the non-ceremony was so strange) I am pissed the year he wins for a solo effort there is no show to share his victory. Congrats, Ed!!!
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Fucking awesome! It's a hopeful thing when people out there besides us jammers recognize creative genius when they hear it.
    Woo Hoooooooooooooooooooo
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    genie wrote:
    Good news! :) i wonder if those people can after all differentiate between crap and real honest music
    The HFP is like 70 people who write like 4 articles each year for obscure publications, whose main aim in life is to get NBC to fund this thing so they can schmooze with the stars at the afterparties. There may by 10 or so of them who know good music when they hear it.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    fpafpa Posts: 18
    Congrats Ed!
    ========================================
    I still can't believe PEARL JAM in Newfoundland

I love you I love you I FUCKING love you
  • Options
    Indeed a nice achievement... I'm sure EV wouldn't have been pissed to lose but it is a nice feather in the hat to win regardless - a tribute to ITW and McCandless as well.
  • Options
    Good for him. Eddie rocks wwwhhhoooaa
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007 Dusseldorf, Germany - Copenhagen, Denmark - Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Rotterdam, Netherlands
    2010 Nijmegen, Netherlands - Berlin, Germany
    2011 East Troy 1 & 2, Wisconsin
    2012 Amsterdam 2, Netherlands
    2014 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands - Berlin, Germany
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    congrats eddie wish u could of made ur speech there
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    Yes now I can totally boast and brag about how much better he is than everyone else to all of my friends. Horay!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    Yes now I can totally boast and brag about how much better he is than everyone else to all of my friends. Horay!

i doubt your "friends" want to hear about it.
    saw things so much clearer
  • Options
    Honestly....we know that justice was served when he won! He is such an inspiration to me and has been since 1992! The man is what I call a WHOLE person. Way to go Ed! But, really.....I don't need Eddie or the band to win awards to validate what I have always known.
  • Options
    Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Congratulations to my favourite musician!
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    Thank goodness, he so deserved to win!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    yataheyatahe New Mexico Posts: 168
    ...and how convenient that it happened to be not televised because the actors are on strike, huh?
    *KRISTAL*XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1434776887
    kristal_007@msn.com
  • Options
    chakochako Posts: 4
    eddie is the king!!!
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    It's good to hear it
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl