Artwork Dark Matter

UFFYUFFY Posts: 70
Full disclosure my partner is a very well known light artist.. he was one of only 16 artists commissioned for the Mickey Mouse 90th anniversary exhibition in New York and was also the only artist also included in the London exhibition. He's welsh.
The artwork for the tour and album cover for dark matter.. I dont get. My apologies if the photographer/editor reads this. The image is not true light art..  its an edited image. Light art is a one exposure photo image.. no editing otherwise it not the true artform of light art.
Open exposure..  draw with light.. torch usually.. close exposure after .. the album image is edited and sorry if you are going to use light art...it should be non edited. Otherwise why bother because thats just photoshop which anyone can do.
This is an example of an image drawn with torches.. unedited.   And done for me because i love Pearl Jam... you see the artist in the image because the exposure was 5 mins and there is no editing on this photograph .. it took 4 attempts to get this. I have over 50 screen print posters from gigs using amazing screen artists.. but im annoyed that this albums cover and tour merch uses images that on the surface looks like light art but is not because true light art is an unedited one exposure image

Tagged:

Comments

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    Art is art, not sport.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • UFFYUFFY Posts: 70
    I didn't say it was sport but if you are using a certain medium it has to be pure. Light art is an unedited medium of photography that's the art of it... editing an image is not light art. 
    The screen print posters use the medium of screen printing you keep that without photoshop.. if you choose to use light art why not keep that medium unedited in the same way
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 15,028
    The problem is you know too much about the process.  99% of people look at it and don’t give it a second thought beyond that it looks cool. Sometimes it’s better if you don’t know how the sausage was made. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,379
    Of all the things to post about…..
    UFFY said:
    I didn't say it was sport but if you are using a certain medium it has to be pure. 
    Or else what? I don't get it...you go to jail?

Of all the things to post about…..
    Am i not allowed an opinion?
    UFFY said:
    I didn't say it was sport but if you are using a certain medium it has to be pure. 

Well that was a truly reasoned and well thought out response 🙄 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,552
    on2legs said:
    The problem is you know too much about the process.  99% of people look at it and don’t give it a second thought beyond that it looks cool. Sometimes it’s better if you don’t know how the sausage was made. 
    This
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    on2legs said:
    You're probably right about that. Thanks for responding .. its nice to hear the opinion of someone who took the time to think about what i was saying and not use it as an opportunity to troll 
    UFFY said:
    UFFY said:

Well that was a truly reasoned and well thought out response 🙄 
    To help maintain the purity of this message board, please refrain from the use of emojis and stick with only letters and punctuation.