** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    Having seen both sides of the political parties growing up and working around then reading posts from both sides as an adult, it’s clear that republicans thrive on chaos.  That’s the only explanation I have anymore for why people vote for trump.  It’s the chaos.  After trump I didn’t give a crap if I ever heard another politician speak ever again.  I enjoyed trump and his crazy antics not being on every newscast every fucking day.  

Deep down the majority of Americans want peace, not chaos.  We have to prove that we can still be that country.  
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,181
    Philly NJ said:
    Philly NJ said:
    Cynicism (and certain politicians and media) make you think EVERYONE in DC is corrupt. Thats not true. There are hard working and good people there that believe in the idea of democracy. The problem is we don’t hold politicians and the system to account. Bringing in a new asshole doesn’t fix things. Voting for good people do. Blowing the system up doesn’t fix it either. 

But what aggravates people is, the system moves slowly. I could quote a PJ lyric but it’s cringe. Change happens slowly. Sorry that’s the way it is.
    The system is broken.  What government institution do you have faith in? For me, not a single one I can think of. Career bureaucrats and career politicians have sold us all out for the good of themselves and their hidden (until recently) agendas. We are lied to everyday. Good people get punished by the system.
    vote for trump tho. he will drain the swamp for sure given a 2nd opportunity.
    Trump will try given the chance. The Swamp is powerful.  Funny how no one wants to talk about Harris/Biden on this Harris/Biden thread. They always revert back to Trump.
    Incredible that people think Trump is anti corruption. 
    a convicted felon that was impeached for trying to extort ukraine into making up lies about the biden family is not anti corruption.

maga cannot grasp that fact.
    About that swamp? Seems it’s one particular party and not the city. Or is it “more ‘good people’ being ruined by the system’?” You know, it’s reality that’s the tough concept to grasp. From Letter From An American:

But the dominance rhetoric of the MAGA Republicans was never just about political power. Political power always went hand in hand with corruption. A new book by Joe Conason called The Longest Con notes that the modern right-wing movement has its roots in the promise of grifters after World War II to protect America against the communists they insisted were infiltrating the country. Their promises to defend true Americans against an enemy was always about getting cash out of the deal. 

Conason emphasizes how drumming up fears of an “other” was a deliberate grift to put money into the pockets of those who told small donors that their dollars were vital for defending the United States. The biggest prize for the extremists, though, was the control of government purse strings that allowed them to turn federal and state largesse toward their own cronies. Conason notes that under President Ronald Reagan, Republicans’ cuts to government oversight and reliance on the private sector to regulate itself, along with their belief that unfettered capitalism was a form of resistance to communism, led to a boom in corruption. 

That corruption has continued in the Republican Party, largely unaddressed as politicians insisted that those calling it out were simply un-American malcontents engaging in political hits against good, patriotic Americans. In contrast, as any corruption on the Democratic side can be expected to be sliced and diced in public, the Democrats have stayed relatively clean. 

And this is why Vance’s comment about Democrats bullying him jumped out at me. Republican dominance is cracking as Trump struggles and Vance offends people, and as that dominance falls away, the many things it covered are starting to get attention—among them, stories of Republican corruption. And they’re doozies.  

On Sunday, for example, Garrett Shanley of the Independent Florida Alligator, the student newspaper of the University of Florida, reported that when former senator Ben Sasse (R-NE) took over the presidency of the University of Florida, he “channeled millions” to his Republican allies and to secretive contracts. In 17 months he more than tripled spending from his office, with most of the money going to his former aides and political friends, most of whom continued to live and work outside the state. Sasse was appointed in November 2022 in an opaque hiring process and stepped down unexpectedly in July, citing family issues, although Vivienne Serret of The Independent Alligator reported that DeSantis allies on the Board of Trustees forced him out.

One of the biggest stories in the country these days is the corruption scandal in Ohio, in which dark money groups led by the FirstEnergy utility company worked with former Ohio House speaker Larry Householder to put into office politicians who, thanks to about $61 million in bribes, backed a $1.3 billion bailout for FirstEnergy paid for with tax dollars. 

On Monday, Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost agreed to settle the scandal. FirstEnergy will pay a $20 million fine, an amount that Marty Schladen of the Ohio Capital Journal notes is less than one-third the amount FirstEnergy spent to bribe legislators, and a fraction of the money ratepayers have had to pay because of the corrupt legislation the bribes paid for. 

Nothing better illustrates the grift at the center of today’s MAGA Republicans than Donald Trump’s Big Lie that he actually won the 2020 election and that it was stolen from him by those dangerous “others,” the Democrats. The Big Lie enabled the Trump team to continue soliciting donations in order to fight for the White House. According to Conason, Trump and his fellow election deniers pocketed $255.4 million between the 2020 election and the January 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol to stop the counting of the electoral votes that would make Democratic candidate Joe Biden president. 

On Monday, jurors found former Colorado election clerk Tina Peters guilty on seven counts in relation to her compromising of her county’s election system. Peters was determined to get voter information to My Pillow chief executive Mike Lindell, a key Trump ally, in order to prove the Big Lie. She is facing more than 22 years in prison.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    Philly NJ said:
    Philly NJ said:
    Cynicism (and certain politicians and media) make you think EVERYONE in DC is corrupt. Thats not true. There are hard working and good people there that believe in the idea of democracy. The problem is we don’t hold politicians and the system to account. Bringing in a new asshole doesn’t fix things. Voting for good people do. Blowing the system up doesn’t fix it either. 

But what aggravates people is, the system moves slowly. I could quote a PJ lyric but it’s cringe. Change happens slowly. Sorry that’s the way it is.
    The system is broken.  What government institution do you have faith in? For me, not a single one I can think of. Career bureaucrats and career politicians have sold us all out for the good of themselves and their hidden (until recently) agendas. We are lied to everyday. Good people get punished by the system.
    Trump will try given the chance. The Swamp is powerful.  Funny how no one wants to talk about Harris/Biden on this Harris/Biden thread. They always revert back to Trump.
    a convicted felon that was impeached for trying to extort ukraine into making up lies about the biden family is not anti corruption.

About that swamp? Seems it’s one particular party and not the city. Or is it “more ‘good people’ being ruined by the system’?” You know, it’s reality that’s the tough concept to grasp. From Letter From An American:

But the dominance rhetoric of the MAGA Republicans was never just about political power. Political power always went hand in hand with corruption. A new book by Joe Conason called The Longest Con notes that the modern right-wing movement has its roots in the promise of grifters after World War II to protect America against the communists they insisted were infiltrating the country. Their promises to defend true Americans against an enemy was always about getting cash out of the deal. 

Conason emphasizes how drumming up fears of an “other” was a deliberate grift to put money into the pockets of those who told small donors that their dollars were vital for defending the United States. The biggest prize for the extremists, though, was the control of government purse strings that allowed them to turn federal and state largesse toward their own cronies. Conason notes that under President Ronald Reagan, Republicans’ cuts to government oversight and reliance on the private sector to regulate itself, along with their belief that unfettered capitalism was a form of resistance to communism, led to a boom in corruption. 

That corruption has continued in the Republican Party, largely unaddressed as politicians insisted that those calling it out were simply un-American malcontents engaging in political hits against good, patriotic Americans. In contrast, as any corruption on the Democratic side can be expected to be sliced and diced in public, the Democrats have stayed relatively clean. 

And this is why Vance’s comment about Democrats bullying him jumped out at me. Republican dominance is cracking as Trump struggles and Vance offends people, and as that dominance falls away, the many things it covered are starting to get attention—among them, stories of Republican corruption. And they’re doozies.  

On Sunday, for example, Garrett Shanley of the Independent Florida Alligator, the student newspaper of the University of Florida, reported that when former senator Ben Sasse (R-NE) took over the presidency of the University of Florida, he “channeled millions” to his Republican allies and to secretive contracts. In 17 months he more than tripled spending from his office, with most of the money going to his former aides and political friends, most of whom continued to live and work outside the state. Sasse was appointed in November 2022 in an opaque hiring process and stepped down unexpectedly in July, citing family issues, although Vivienne Serret of The Independent Alligator reported that DeSantis allies on the Board of Trustees forced him out.

One of the biggest stories in the country these days is the corruption scandal in Ohio, in which dark money groups led by the FirstEnergy utility company worked with former Ohio House speaker Larry Householder to put into office politicians who, thanks to about $61 million in bribes, backed a $1.3 billion bailout for FirstEnergy paid for with tax dollars. 

On Monday, Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost agreed to settle the scandal. FirstEnergy will pay a $20 million fine, an amount that Marty Schladen of the Ohio Capital Journal notes is less than one-third the amount FirstEnergy spent to bribe legislators, and a fraction of the money ratepayers have had to pay because of the corrupt legislation the bribes paid for. 

Nothing better illustrates the grift at the center of today’s MAGA Republicans than Donald Trump’s Big Lie that he actually won the 2020 election and that it was stolen from him by those dangerous “others,” the Democrats. The Big Lie enabled the Trump team to continue soliciting donations in order to fight for the White House. According to Conason, Trump and his fellow election deniers pocketed $255.4 million between the 2020 election and the January 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol to stop the counting of the electoral votes that would make Democratic candidate Joe Biden president. 

On Monday, jurors found former Colorado election clerk Tina Peters guilty on seven counts in relation to her compromising of her county’s election system. Peters was determined to get voter information to My Pillow chief executive Mike Lindell, a key Trump ally, in order to prove the Big Lie. She is facing more than 22 years in prison.
    It’s amazing how everyone is paying the price for the Donald's criminal behavior except the Donald. 
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,448
    Philly NJ said:
    Philly NJ said:

10% to the Big Guy?
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    teskeinc said:
    Philly NJ said:
    Philly NJ said:

10% to the Big Guy?
    When’s Joe getting impeached? 
    edited August 17
    teskeinc said:
    Philly NJ said:
    Philly NJ said:

10% to the Big Guy?
    Was determined he was too old and unfit to stand trial this Spring. 

Maybe you want to buy one of my $250k Hunter Biden art pieces? I’m sure the value will skyrocket!

What if you need a Prosecutor fired in Ukraine? Withholds $1 billion US funds or else?

Post edited by teskeinc on
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    Philly NJ said:
    Philly NJ said:

10% to the Big Guy?
    Looks like you’re deflecting over to Hur’s report about the classified docs. That wasn’t why he wasn’t indicted:

"We find the evidence as a whole insufficient to meet the government's burden of proving that Mr. Biden willfully retained the Afghanistan documents in the Virginia home in 2017," he added. "That is, evidence falls short of beyond a reasonable doubt."
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,004
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    Philly NJ said:
    Philly NJ said:

10% to the Big Guy?
    Looks like you’re deflecting over to Hur’s report about the classified docs. That wasn’t why he wasn’t indicted:

"We find the evidence as a whole insufficient to meet the government's burden of proving that Mr. Biden willfully retained the Afghanistan documents in the Virginia home in 2017," he added. "That is, evidence falls short of beyond a reasonable doubt."
    Pesky details. 
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    Philly NJ said:
    Philly NJ said:

10% to the Big Guy?

Pesky details. 
    Pesky reality.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,004
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    Philly NJ said:
    Philly NJ said:

10% to the Big Guy?

Pesky details. 
    Pesky reality.
    It has a liberal bias, so why even acknowledge it? 
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,017
    teskeinc said:
    Philly NJ said:
    Philly NJ said:

10% to the Big Guy?
    oh yeah, that failed impeachment attempt.

biden is not a convicted felon. biden was not impeached. twice.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    teskeinc said:
    Philly NJ said:
    Philly NJ said:

10% to the Big Guy?

trump would have only been impeached once if he was mature enough to accept the fact that he got his ass kicked in the election and taken it like a man. like all of his predecessors that lost re-election.

teskeinc said:
    Philly NJ said:
    Philly NJ said:

10% to the Big Guy?

And your point is? Only radical leftist care. People with common sense understand that Democrats weaponized the system to try to eliminate an opponent. Didn’t work. In Russia Putin just poisons his opponent. It was a great “college” try by Democrats, but it failed, much like the Inflation Reductikn Act or the Border Bill or pretty much everything Biden/Harris tried to do in 3.5 years.
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    edited August 17
    I don't think you have the authority to speak on common sense. Your posts are just mad libs with conservative media buzz words and phrases. Big time comments reply guy.

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    The bottom line is you don't have the gas to change anyones mind here so I don't know why you are trying other than to just troll. Either way, its a weird way to spend your time. 

teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    Philly NJ said:
    Philly NJ said:

10% to the Big Guy?

And your point is? Only radical leftist care. People with common sense understand that Democrats weaponized the system to try to eliminate an opponent. Didn’t work. In Russia Putin just poisons his opponent. It was a great “college” try by Democrats, but it failed, much like the Inflation Reductikn Act or the Border Bill or pretty much everything Biden/Harris tried to do in 3.5 years.
    i made my point. normal, non weird people, non cult member people, would never be ok with a convicted felon being president. if trump had not committed crimes, would he be a convicted felon and an adjudicated rapist? which is more believable: trump committed crimes and was convicted OR the democrats weaponized multiple branches of government to frame trump? 

I thought RFK was helping Kamala… Pretty nice strategy to call 18-24 year olds stupid…. Maybe she doesn’t need that support?

https://youtu.be/9reN3sVdjTc?si=khf4kff5R0po2hCw

2020 Phoenix, SD

teskeinc said:
    I thought RFK was helping Kamala… Pretty nice strategy to call 18-24 year olds stupid…. Maybe she doesn’t need that support?

kamala is going to win 18-24 year olds. they will never vote trump. 

next.

edited August 17
    teskeinc said:

kamala is going to win 18-24 year olds. they will never vote trump. 

next.
    So you’re saying they’re  stupid too?
    2020 Phoenix, SD

teskeinc said:

maybe the funniest thing you have ever posted is that the gop thinks the 18-24 year old voting bloc is gettable. 

if they believe that bloc is gettable, why are gop governors making it harder for college students to vote absentee?

the young people believe in climate change, women's rights, and are more progressive. the gop is actively denying climate change, making abortion illegal, and wanting to fundamentally change our system to an authoritarian regime. the young voters are going to keep the gop out of power.

Kamala’s massive blunder criticized by even radical left Washington Post. 

2020 Phoenix, SD

lmao dude was annoyed but answered

https://x.com/Ally_Sammarco/status/1824639344524587275

teskeinc said:
    Kamala’s massive blunder criticized by even radical left Washington Post. 

Funny it took the NY Post to point out the reality. But anyhoo, I thought the press was fake news and you couldn’t trust what they said or printed? 

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    How many cocktails do you have to have to get a ride through the airport?

Brilliantati©
    When does Clooney speak?
    2020 Phoenix, SD

teskeinc said:
    When does Clooney speak?
    you guys had hulk hogan speak. maybe sit this one out.

teskeinc said:
    When does Clooney speak?
    And dirt bag kid rock sing if you can call it that 😂
    How many cocktails do you have to have to get a ride through the airport?
    Pushing him must be tough with him crop dusting ooof 🤢
    edited August 18
    teskeinc said:
    When does Clooney speak?
    Hogan isn’t a leader of the Republican Party. Clooney  is one of the leaders of the Democratic Party. He’s the reason Kamala is in and Biden out. 

You do what Clooney says. Be a good soldier.
    2020 Phoenix, SD