13. Unthought Known
14. Black
15. Running
16. Porch

Encore Break

17. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) 1:07
18. Do The Evolution
19. Alive
20. Rocking In The Free World (Mike and Jeff switch instruments for the outro and Jeff acts like he is going to smash the guitar.  He doesn’t of course)
21. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.
Tagged:

Comments

• CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,349
    Mad cool!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,238
    20. Rocking In The Free World (Mike and Jeff switch instruments for the outro and Jeff acts like he is going to smash the guitar.  He doesn’t of course)
    woulda been mad cooler if he did
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,948
    Goddammit I missed Unthought.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • involutionaryinvolutionary Posts: 139
    Feeling for  EV - just saw a few videos. He seems winded. He’s covering it up well. I’m sure there are residuals from covid or whatever he had.  I bet that’s a reason for specific song choices. 

Has he always flipped people off like that throughout shows?  Seems so counterintuitive to what I’ve seen prior. Makes me feel like he is struggling. 

Hope he gets lots of time to heal when he comes home. 
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 461
    Can you briefly explain what you mean by flipped people off? Or point to an example video?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    How was Dua Lipa?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    AndySlash said:
    woulda been mad cooler if he did
    Destroying instruments is the cringiest theatrical "rock and roll" cliche antic ever. Give it to some struggling music school instead like a mensch.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,125
    Good show but than this crowd was horrible. They only knew daughter,even flow, betterman,black and alive. Im not kidding, it was that bad.

It was the kind of setlist i was expecting so i wasnt surprised, crowd deserved every bit of it.

Lisbon tomorrow will be a different kind of festival setlist like in 2018 as we got rats,in my tree, low light and its also the last night of the tour.
    Feeling for  EV - just saw a few videos. He seems winded. He’s covering it up well. I’m sure there are residuals from covid or whatever he had.  I bet that’s a reason for specific song choices. 

Has he always flipped people off like that throughout shows?  Seems so counterintuitive to what I’ve seen prior. Makes me feel like he is struggling. 

It was hot as hell yesterday,  during the afternoon it was like 37 celcius and during pearl jam it was like 31/32 celcius
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 605
    just_one said:
    Good show but than this crowd was horrible. They only knew daughter,even flow, betterman,black and alive. Im not kidding, it was that bad.

Almost like it was a festival...
    Come to send, not condescend...
    just_one said:
    In what way is that bad for a festival. (Or even for back in an arena) Why would they know anything more.
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,068
    I would say other than maybe 3 bands, every other show I go to I prob only know the hits. It’s no big deal, not everyone loves pearl jam like we do, especially at a festival.
  • benlw86benlw86 Posts: 77

Have we not considered long covid possibility? Explains the repeated difficulties each year. A colleague has it, and quit, since 2020 has kept having 6 months great, 6 months awful. And he doesn't need to sing at the top of his voice for 2 hours every night.
    JK109224 said:
    just_one said:

Almost like it was a festival...
    Nos alive 2010 was an epic crowd and it was a festival.

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    One of my all time favs!!
  • greenmannycgreenmannyc Posts: 11
    "Black" was absolutely incredible, McCready is really on fire on this tour.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    One of my all time favs!!
    My top 10 for sure
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me