*** BARCELONA 2 - 2024 SETLIST THREAD ***

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,441
    BF25394 said:
    Any links to a live stream? Let me know!
    Be careful when you request a "live stream" because Spunkie is threatening to throw cups of piss around...
    This was the best one yet Oh I love you
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,427
    Spunkie said:
    BF25394 said:
    Any links to a live stream? Let me know!
    Be careful when you request a "live stream" because Spunkie is threatening to throw cups of piss around...
    This was the best one yet Oh I love you
    European 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • vitovito Chicago Posts: 2,029
    Spunkie said:
    vito said:
    18.SMILE
    🍷
    That sexy, lucky harmonica
    👿
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

vito, go to bed.
  • Micheyb21Micheyb21 Posts: 267
    Spunkie said:
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:
    If the guys play "Force of Nature", I'm gonna throw a cup of piss at them in Auckland :bring_it:
    Remind me to stand on the other side of GA to you 🤣😛
    No way You're my new Auckland bestie we got to be together I hope you drink I'm going to need a extra long piss! I'm still reading the setlist so I don't know if this is a go yet
    No FON played- Auckland is safe for now 🤣
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Posts: 161
    edited July 9
    dasvidana said:
    Not sure where else to post this as it seems our posts are being blocked. Seriously. My wife was just sexually assaulted at the show tonight. When we went to complain to security we were thrown out. Please help. Ben to 40+ shows never had an issue.
    local police?

Tried. No help. Got run around from everyone. Police and security seemed to be in together. Called police. Said to meet them at entrance. So we walked the 20 mins there from back of arena where they threw us. Get there. No police. Call again. They show up. But before we can talk to them the whole security team was there speaking with them then left. We tell police those are the guys that were a problem. Suddenly no one speaks English. Told to go to police station to report. No one can take report here. Go there. Not right place either. Went to another police station. Still can’t make a report. Told to come back next day. But we are flying out today. Like I said in another post. Felt like police tactics from Russia or N Korea. Did not expect this in Spain. Not to mention we were spied on almost whole time they threw us out of arena with 2 guys tailing us.  Even tried US embassy. No response. We are on our own. 

Post edited by Whipping_Boy on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,529
    dasvidana said:
    Not sure where else to post this as it seems our posts are being blocked. Seriously. My wife was just sexually assaulted at the show tonight. When we went to complain to security we were thrown out. Please help. Ben to 40+ shows never had an issue.
    local police?

Tried. No help. Got run around from everyone. Police and security seemed to be in together. Called police. Said to meet them at entrance. So we walked the 20 mins there from back of arena where they threw us. Get there. No police. Call again. They show up. But before we can talk to them the whole security team was there speaking with them then left. We tell police those are the guys that were a problem. Suddenly no one speaks English. Told to go to police station to report. No one can take report here. Go there. Not right place either. Went to another police station. Still can’t make a report. Told to come back next day. But we are flying out today. Like I said in another post. Felt like police tactics from Russia or N Korea. Did not expect this in Spain. Not to mention we were spied on almost whole time they threw us out of arena with 2 guys tailing us.  Even tried US embassy. No response. We are on our own. 

I'm sorry this happened to you. But this would be near impossible for the police to do anything. The time involved in reviewing footage (if any), identifying the person (would the footage show his boner rubbing on your wife? how to prove that? maybe it wasn't his boner, maybe it was his keys, etc....that would be the defense), finding the person in a crowd, etc. 

Did your wife identify him to you? Did you confront the guy?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Posts: 161
    dasvidana said:
    local police?

I'm sorry this happened to you. But this would be near impossible for the police to do anything. The time involved in reviewing footage (if any), identifying the person (would the footage show his boner rubbing on your wife? how to prove that? maybe it wasn't his boner, maybe it was his keys, etc....that would be the defense), finding the person in a crowd, etc. 

No. I had just returned from
    concessions. And the guy was behind her so she couldn’t get a good look and was gone by time I returned. But that’s not what I wanted police for. I wanted police for the way we were harassed by security and vilified for reporting a sexual assault. We never did anything wrong. Just wanted to report it. That’s all. We were voluntarily leaving after not being allowed to report the incident to security. And they still were aggressive with me, grabbing my arms, and hitting me upside the head. All while I was 100% compliant and trying to leave on my own. They clearly don't like Americans there. That came thru loud and clear. 
    dasvidana said:
    local police?

No. I had just returned from
    concessions. And the guy was behind her so she couldn’t get a good look and was gone by time I returned. But that’s not what I wanted police for. I wanted police for the way we were harassed by security and vilified for reporting a sexual assault. We never did anything wrong. Just wanted to report it. That’s all. We were voluntarily leaving after not being allowed to report the incident to security. And they still were aggressive with me, grabbing my arms, and hitting me upside the head. All while I was 100% compliant and trying to leave on my own. They clearly don't like Americans there. That came thru loud and clear. 
    gotcha...really sorry

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Adam HewettAdam Hewett Posts: 120
    It's wild and sad to think PJ can't fill up smaller arenas anymore. Higher prices or not.
    It's wild and sad to think PJ can't fill up smaller arenas anymore. Higher prices or not.
    lol...you say this and I'm trying to get tix to Wrigley night 2 and it's sold out

• TheGManTheGMan Posts: 62
    edited July 9
    Most people in Europe can barely pay rent at the moment and every single band in existence seems to be touring right now. It was a bad time to charge such high prices and play bigger arenas. If I was rich I'd go to all the gigs but I gave up a holiday this year just to see them in Dublin. And I live in Ireland.

2010: Dublin
    2024: Dublin

2017: Cork (EV)
  • HenriettaLowellHenriettaLowell Cologne, Germany Posts: 125
    edited July 9
    I don‘t know about the US, but by European standards Palau Sant Jordi is definitely not a small arena with a capacity of 24000. Times two, and considering the late tour announcement, considerable jump in prices, bad timing with the world cup – lots of factors.  I really don‘t believe that this year’s shows not selling out is necessarily evidence for a declining popularity within Europe
    Post edited by HenriettaLowell on
    I know that Covid was still a factor then, but still, for comparison: Frankfurt in 2022 was far from sold out, and that venue has a capacity of 13500
  • vitovito Chicago Posts: 2,029
    vito, go to bed.
    🥱
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

vito said:
    vito, go to bed.
    🥱
    Good morning. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    I don‘t know about the US, but by European standards Palau Sant Jordi is definitely not a small arena with a capacity of 24000. Times two, and considering the late tour announcement, considerable jump in prices, bad timing with the world cup – lots of factors.  I really don‘t believe that this year’s shows not selling out is necessarily evidence for a declining popularity within Europe
    24k is big for the US. Larger arenas and amphitheatres are 17-20, smaller 8-12.

The ballparks they do are like 40k.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    edited July 10
    lol...you say this and I'm trying to get tix to Wrigley night 2 and it's sold out
    I’d take supposed sellout status with a grain of salt.  More often than not it’s TM creating an illusion of scarcity only to drop tons of tickets at the end.  Put another way, they can’t sell the premiums they’re trying to sell if they are transparent about what else they are holding back.  
    Post edited by RatherStarved on
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • HK103094HK103094 Posts: 34
    I know that Covid was still a factor then, but still, for comparison: Frankfurt in 2022 was far from sold out, and that venue has a capacity of 13500
    As I remember it, Frankfurt sold out imidiately in 2019. I bought 2 more tickets than I needed, and when I put them up for resale at the fan to fan, it was sold within 2 minutes.
    2000 Oslo
    2007 Venezia
    2010 London
    2012 Oslo
    2014 Milano
    2018 Milano
    2018 Krakow
    2019 Barolo (Ed)
    2022 Berlin
    2022 Frankfurt
    2022 Krakow
    2024 London

• Rossdoc81Rossdoc81 Posts: 28
    I was at Frankfurt and the place was wedged, it's was definitely sold-out.
    As far as I know every PJ show in Western Europe has sold out straight away every year.
    I think Budapest and Krakow shows did not fully sell out on the 2022 tour.
  • Adam HewettAdam Hewett Posts: 120
    I wonder what PJ thinks about looking out and seeing closed-off parts of the arena? The Murder Capital posted an on-stage video, and that massive (black) curtain looks huge from the stage.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited July 10
    Rossdoc81 said:
    As far as I know every PJ show in Western Europe has sold out straight away every year.
    Pearl Jam at Friends Arena in Stockholm in 2014 was not sold out. 22.000 tickets sold or something (not bad) but with empty seats in the corner with how far into the center they had put the stage.

Taylor Swift and Bruce Springsteen play for 60-65.000 in that arena... so there are room for more than 22.000 also.

They did sell out a smaller arena (15-16.000 I guess) in 2012 though. So could be they returned too soon, or 25.000 is above their sweetspot.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I wonder what PJ thinks about looking out and seeing closed-off parts of the arena? The Murder Capital posted an on-stage video, and that massive (black) curtain looks huge from the stage.
    I’m sure they don’t love it, but they are pros and Ed acknowledged it with some hand gestures before they played 1/2 Full.  He had a wry smile I think.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• HaijayHaijay Posts: 376
    Rossdoc81 said:
    Pearl Jam at Friends Arena in Stockholm in 2014 was not sold out. 22.000 tickets sold or something (not bad) but with empty seats in the corner with how far into the center they had put the stage.

Taylor Swift and Bruce Springsteen play for 60-65.000 in that arena... so there are room for more than 22.000 also.

They did sell out a smaller arena (15-16.000 I guess) in 2012 though. So could be they returned too soon, or 25.000 is above their sweetspot.
    24,000, but who’s counting🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    HK103094 said:
    As I remember it, Frankfurt sold out imidiately in 2019. I bought 2 more tickets than I needed, and when I put them up for resale at the fan to fan, it was sold within 2 minutes.
    I‘m sure it sold out immediately in 2019, however, people then showing up three years later is a different story. There were quite a few empty spots scattered throughout and especially way up top (where I stood). As mentioned I suspect it was mainly due to Covid. I remember not everyone felt comfortable yet being at large gatherings that summer.

Whether packed or not, my main point was that 24000 is a large arena, filling that twice back to back is no easy feat. I remember thinking as much way back when the shows were announced, and the same goes for the two Berlin ones. Had tickets been more affordable and had the shows been announced earlier, giving people more time to make travel arrangements, filling these places might have worked better. We can only speculate, of course. I‘m just saying there are a lot of factors and I wouldn‘t jump to the conclusion that the overall poor ticket sales reflect a waning popularity, as suggested earlier in the thread (and in other threads). 

pjl44 said:
    24k is big for the US. Larger arenas and amphitheatres are 17-20, smaller 8-12.

Thanks, I thought so, it‘s similar over here
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    I’m sure they don’t love it, but they are pros and Ed acknowledged it with some hand gestures before they played 1/2 Full.  He had a wry smile I think.  
    WAIT… THAT’S WHY THEY PLAYED 1/2 FULL? haha. Didnt male that connection
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I believe so.  He definitely made a gesture indicating an awareness of the situation.  

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,504
    Very clever. I like that 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    edited July 11
    I believe so.  He definitely made a gesture indicating an awareness of the situation.  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_lYP8GzRMY

It is difficult to interpret whether his gesture refers to the situation in the venue. At first I thought I heard "this room is called half full". But I think he's saying "this one is called half full".
    Post edited by Zen23 on