Transgendered/Trans-Identifying Athletes

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,552
    It's just science. It's nothing political for me. You won't get a rise out of me.
    I know it’s science, that’s what I’m referring to with intersexed people and how that dismantles a rigid, binary definition of a man or woman. 
    Not in contact sport it doesn't. Sure in life have as many definitions as you like. I'm all for people being free and happy. But in sport and even more so striking sports it's binary. If you test high in testosterone for  any reason you cannot punch someone of a regular level for your sport. It really is that simple 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    Funny how it never seems to go ther other way, woman wanting to play mens sports. Gee, I wonder why lol.  Whole topic is a joke. 
    They exist, but you don’t hear about it because it doesn’t make good clickbait for twitter. 
    No. You don’t hear about it because it’s not controversial. It doesn’t give them an unfair advantage to play up. It’s not putting others at greater risk of injury. So nothing to talk about.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    edited August 3
    mace1229 said:
    Funny how it never seems to go ther other way, woman wanting to play mens sports. Gee, I wonder why lol.  Whole topic is a joke. 
    They exist, but you don’t hear about it because it doesn’t make good clickbait for twitter. 
    No. You don’t hear about it because it’s not controversial. It doesn’t give them an unfair advantage to play up. It’s not putting others at greater risk of injury. So nothing to talk about.
    The Olympics do not see it as an unfair advantage? Anything that is deemed to be, is forbidden.

No one is forced to apply to and compete in the Olympics if they do not find their rules fitting. They can e.g. go compete with organizations that are both funded by and let Russians compete under their own flag. And who wing decisions after Russian athletes loose. 

It's obviously not an clear cut thing and something to discuss (within the sport world), but abusing and misgendering a person in here and on SoMe in general is icky behaviour. Like that piece of shit hungarian opponent she is to fight next.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SpunkieSpunkie Posts: 6,499
    edited August 3
    ^ SC, So my daughter shouldn't play BC soccer if she doesn't want to play against a U14 XY chromosomal female identifying child that injured her.

That's what you're saying, that's what the coach said, and that's what BC soccer says. And it sounds like the Olympics are okay with it, too?

I'm not saying she doesn't want to play. Being injured by them/they doesn't bother her (except for the vision loss, pain, headaches, and inability to enjoy regular summer activities like jumping on a wibit, playing soccer, running, or tubing). She doesn't know the ramifications of concussions, however.

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    Spunkie said:
    ^ SC, So my daughter shouldn't play BC soccer if she doesn't want to play against a U14 XY chromosomal female identifying child that injured her.

That's what you're saying, that's what the coach said, and that's what BC soccer says. And it sounds like the Olympics are okay with it, too?

I'm not saying she doesn't want to play. Being injured by them/they doesn't bother her (except for the vision loss, pain, headaches, and inability to enjoy regular summer activities like jumping on a wibit, playing soccer, running, or tubing). She doesn't know the ramifications of concussions, however.

I'm not trying to be a dick but kids get injured in sports all the time. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,986
    It's just science. It's nothing political for me. You won't get a rise out of me.
    I know it’s science, that’s what I’m referring to with intersexed people and how that dismantles a rigid, binary definition of a man or woman. 
    Not in contact sport it doesn't. Sure in life have as many definitions as you like. I'm all for people being free and happy. But in sport and even more so striking sports it's binary. If you test high in testosterone for  any reason you cannot punch someone of a regular level for your sport. It really is that simple 
    Are we talking about rules for sports exclusively? And I don’t think there’s any info out there on the boxer’s testosterone level. 
    Yes sports that's what the topic is
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Happy to see she won over that piece of shit hungarian boxer
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited August 3
    That time you're wording made me giggle. I didn't think you would ever talk like this I was surprised. That's a human being lol
    edited August 3
    Spunkie said:

I'm not trying to be a dick but kids get injured in sports all the time. 
    True but it's not everyday a genetic boy hurts a girl at a provincial level of play.

I think the point was made earlier in the discussion that perhaps the force on ball hit by that person would be greater than a genetic female.

Or even the height difference: that person might have not stuck the ball back that smoked Pip squeak.
    What does BC Soccer mean? The ”BC” ?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,194
    What does BC Soccer mean? The ”BC” ?

British Columbia. one of Canada's provinces.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • lindamarie73lindamarie73 Posts: 392
    She??? Interesting take…Btw, that piece of shit Hungarian Boxer after the fight,congratulated her opponent and wished her luck for the remainder of the competition. SHE was also Asked about the controversy, SHE said: “I don’t care.”…That piece of shit Sounds like someone everyone would adore on here….where the silent majority knows who really is the Piece of Shit…
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,194
    board rules prevent us from saying who, though.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,153
    mickeyrat said:
    board rules prevent us from saying who, though.
    Haha
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Hey, I resemble that comment :blush:
    So my question to you SC was Olympics have transgender females playing with the females?

Anyways I guess I can look that up.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642
    She??? Interesting take…Btw, that piece of shit Hungarian Boxer after the fight,congratulated her opponent and wished her luck for the remainder of the competition. SHE was also Asked about the controversy, SHE said: “I don’t care.”…That piece of shit Sounds like someone everyone would adore on here….where the silent majority knows who really is the Piece of Shit…
    All in on the conspiracy. Of course you are. You're probably also on of those people who like Trump because  no one's "tougher" on Russia, but you also actually are a Russian lapdog. Good luck in your alternate reality.

https://apnews.com/article/olympics-2024-khelif-russia-boxing-b53b1edda21139d14a572bd35ca440e6
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,634
    edited August 4
    You don’t sound woke. And again, the random capitalization, a nice touch. Mahalo.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    edited August 4
    Some of the sports accept gendered transitioned people if they transition before puberty. I didn't even know children were allowed to transition that early except maybe intersex?

Maybe that's  Euro stuff?
    Spunkie said:
    Some of the sports accept gendered transitioned people if they transition before puberty. I didn't even know children were allowed to transition that early except maybe intersex?

Read ”Mad Honey”
    Stop being so weird
    Spunkie said:
    So my question to you SC was Olympics have transgender females playing with the females?

Anyways I guess I can look that up.
    I know they don’t this year. But they had last time in Tokyo ( I think)
    edited August 5

Here is that persons instagram posts before the match regarding the ”controversy”. I take a guess you already knew this while typing your BS.

So once again you were knowingly posting ignorant and hateful shit. 

You should also be banned for infering she is not a woman and knowingly misgendering her, joining the online mob abusing her. I don’t think the Pearl Jam community should in any way allow or help foster that type of hate. My opinion but hopefully Kat can take a look through the guidelines and see if that is really allowed. It’s a really, really vile thing to do. Not surprised in this case. But abhorrant shitty stuff. 
    Post edited by Kat on
    Social media really is the dumbest most nasty side of humanity I can recommend turning it off .  I don't need that dirty shit in my life
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• lindamarie73lindamarie73 Posts: 392
    edited August 5

Here is that persons instagram posts before the match regarding the ”controversy”. I take a guess you already knew this while typing your BS.

You should also be banned for infering she is not a woman and knowingly misgendering her, joining the online mob abusing her. I don’t think the Pearl Jam community should in any way allow or help foster that type of hate. My opinion but hopefully Kat can take a look through the guidelines and see if that is really allowed. It’s a really, really vile thing to do. Not surprised in this case. But abhorrant shitty stuff. 
    Take it easy there name Mr Name Caller….
    I will just leave it at before triggering you even more with the REALITY of the situation with one of my faves….FOLLOW THE SCIENCE!!!  
    Post edited by Kat on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,153
    edited August 5

Take it easy there name Mr Name Caller….
    I will just leave it at before triggering you even more with the REALITY of the situation with one of my faves….FOLLOW THE SCIENCE!!!  
    When it is convenient.   Don't forget that part.  Follow the science, when it fits your viewpoint.

How can the Trumpers claim to follow the science and then follow the religious right and beliefs based on a work of fiction?

Post edited by Kat on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited August 4
    Spunkie said:

Read ”Mad Honey”
    Thanks. I'll order it from the library.

I appreciate you advocating for the preferred gendered terms and pronouns for everyone.

There's a book mad honey by an author living in Kamloops, BC, on the traditional, unceded territory of the Secwepemc people about forgotten memories and keeping family together. And another one by Jody picoult??
    edited August 5
    Nvm ^ ..you mean Picoult