Please play OFF HE GOES and PARTING WAYS for my friend’s birthday in Barcelona tomorrow

siljosiljo Posts: 2,203
Hi everyone, I would like to join the club in wishing a very special show in Barcelona tomorrow on July 8th, hopefully spiced up with a rarity or two! It is my friend Davor’s birthday today (who will be at the show, coming all the way from Croatia) and I’d humbly wish two songs for him at the show in Barcelona tomorrow (shhh… it is a secret ;)

As it is his (lucky!) 13th show, he is still missing his 1st and 3rd favorite song 😂 - Off He Goes and Parting Ways. It would be great to see those songs in the opening trio of slower tracks. Looking forward to tomorrow’s spectacle, no matter what happens!

Thanks a lot!

Standing on a hill, staring at a mountain...

Comments

• LukaZGLukaZG Posts: 6
    siljo said:
    Hi everyone, I would like to join the club in wishing a very special show in Barcelona tomorrow on July 8th, hopefully spiced up with a rarity or two! It is my friend Davor’s birthday today (who will be at the show, coming all the way from Croatia) and I’d humbly wish two songs for him at the show in Barcelona tomorrow (shhh… it is a secret ;)

As it is his (lucky!) 13th show, he is still missing his 1st and 3rd favorite song 😂 - Off He Goes and Parting Ways. It would be great to see those songs in the opening trio of slower tracks. Looking forward to tomorrow’s spectacle, no matter what happens!

Thanks a lot!

Let’s go for the first Parting Ways in Spain ever! 😉
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,097
    Good luck and happy birthday Davor!
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    Bump for these two to be played today!!!!
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    I still need Parting ways 🙏
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    Parting ways is phenomenal........It feels like the brother of setting sun to me
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,097
    Love these two songs
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    Yes to Parting Ways 
    Theres a ton of requests out today.....

Sense you have to fit in with 

Daughter
    Wishlist
    I am Mine
    Rearviewmirrow
    Black
    Ledbetter 
    Scared of fear
    RR
    Wreckage
    DM
    why go 
    unthought known
    2 more DM 

plus Ed solo.....

Leaves maybe 6-7 tracks to fill it out. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. 
  • I was immensely lucky to hear both at my first show and they were both incredible. Wishing you luck 
    I was immensely lucky to hear both at my first show and they were both incredible. Wishing you luck 
    London 18 night 1 right?

I thought it was a great show, Ed sounded pretty good considering he wasnt well
  • pdalowsky said:
    I was immensely lucky to hear both at my first show and they were both incredible. Wishing you luck 
    London 18 night 1 right?

Correct! We have you to thank for Parting Ways I believe? 😊

Agreed. He was a little rough in some spots but I think he handled it really well. The setlist didn’t suggest he was worried about his voice either
    pdalowsky said:
    London 18 night 1 right?

Correct! We have you to thank for Parting Ways I believe? 😊

Agreed. He was a little rough in some spots but I think he handled it really well. The setlist didn’t suggest he was worried about his voice either
    aye, I was over the moon to hear it and thought they did a great job of it too. 
  • siljosiljo Posts: 2,203
    Parting Ways was soundchecked in Barcelona in 1996 as a 16-minute jam. Closest we got to hearing it live in Spain… Let us make it happen today!
    Standing on a hill, staring at a mountain...
    siljo said:
    Parting Ways was soundchecked in Barcelona in 1996 as a 16-minute jam. Closest we got to hearing it live in Spain… Let us make it happen today!
    remember that. I got a bootleg of that years ago and loved it
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,152
    Hope you get at least one of those songs played tonight.
    demetrios said:
    Hope you get at least one of those songs played tonight.
    As Bon Jovi sang … were half way there