I can't go to fall shows -- "non-transferable" question

***Please don't DM me about tickets.*** I'll post here when I'm ready to sell. Thanks!

So. Shortly after getting very lucky in the 10C lottery, I was diagnosed with cancer. Scheduling of treatments was such that I expected to be able to attend the fall shows, however I now need to have a second surgery. [I'm fine, they just missed a spot.] This will delay radiation therapy, which means I'll probably be getting irradiated on days when I'd like to be at shows. Yay.
I expect that I'll need to sell my tickets to Chicago, Philly, and Boston (I have tickets for both nights, all three cities). BUT:
I would like to give my Fenway tickets to a friend who lives in the area, or to my son, who lives in Boston. I know what non-transferable means, of course; what I'm wondering is, is there any way to sell those tickets to my friend or to my son?

Thank you
All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.

Comments

• ultrapigultrapig Posts: 166
    You could give them your ticketmaster log in info and then change your password afterwards, if you trust them.
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,446
    So sorry to hear about your situation. Fuck cancer! I hope the second surgery goes well and you are able to move past this soon. The Fenway and Philly tickets are non-transferable, so the only way to transfer them to a specific person would be to give them your TM account info. I actually worked out a ticket trade for a show on the first leg by doing the same thing and it worked out well. Since I’m assuming you trust your son and friend, there shouldn’t be any issue (I just wouldn’t share my TM account credentials with anyone I didn’t trust since they would then have access to your saved payment information, other tickets in your account, etc.). 

The situation for Wrigley is a little different. IL state law prohibits restrictions on ticket transferability, so you can freely transfer the tickets to any person you so choose (as opposed to just listing them for sale on F2F, where you can’t specify the recipient and anyone can just pick them up). The only potential issue is that I believe at the moment TM has not yet enabled the transfer option for the Wrigley tickets. Hopefully they will do so soon. Once it is enabled, you will see the “transfer” button lit up in the TM app right beneath the tickets, and then you can simply transfer the tickets to whomever you like.  

Hope this was helpful. And feel better!
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,980
    Thank you, and yes, that is helpful!
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,704
    ***Please don't DM me about tickets.*** I'll post here when I'm ready to sell. Thanks!

So. Shortly after getting very lucky in the 10C lottery, I was diagnosed with cancer. Scheduling of treatments was such that I expected to be able to attend the fall shows, however I now need to have a second surgery. [I'm fine, they just missed a spot.] This will delay radiation therapy, which means I'll probably be getting irradiated on days when I'd like to be at shows. Yay.
    I expect that I'll need to sell my tickets to Chicago, Philly, and Boston (I have tickets for both nights, all three cities). BUT:
    I would like to give my Fenway tickets to a friend who lives in the area, or to my son, who lives in Boston. I know what non-transferable means, of course; what I'm wondering is, is there any way to sell those tickets to my friend or to my son?

Thank you
    So sorry to hear this. Health comes first. I am glad that things look optimistic with your treatments. Steven87 has spot on advice about your tickets. I hope to see you back up and on the running thread again at some point soon. Please take care. 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,980
    Thank you! I'm fine -- and I'm told I'm going to be fine. Not running has been the hardest part thus far.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    Sorry to hear the news, great to hear the positive outlook . Going thru a health situation myself related to mobility , and prognosis is quite positive for me as well. But similar as you, I’m going to need a second procedure which might also be before or in the middle of PJs mini east coast run.

oh well, concerts are a lot of fun but not even in the same universe as taking care of health.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,704
    Thank you! I'm fine -- and I'm told I'm going to be fine. Not running has been the hardest part thus far.
    So glad things are optimistic. That is great. I know it is hard to not run when you have been doing it for so long. I have been there with a few injuries in the past.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    Steven 87 is right about almost everything.  The exception is that I was told by a manager at TM that the transfer button will never be enabled for that Chicago show, and instead, the week of the show, the tickets will be delivered to the MLB Ballpark app, and once in that app, at that point they can be transferred.  

Best of luck with the health recovery.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023