Berlin???

michalamichala Posts: 14
Hi, I have tickets for both Berlin shows. If they will be cancelled (which I'm afraid), do you think there is a chance to reschedule them?  I also missed two concerts two years ago without rescheduling, so I would not like to repeat that. 
Get well soon, PJ! 

Comments

• BenzBenz Posts: 118
    As they do not re-schedule the London show I do not think they would do it for Berlin.
    I am still optimistic that at least one Berlin show will happen. 
  • JABKJABK Posts: 347
    Benz said:
    As they do not re-schedule the London show I do not think they would do it for Berlin.
    I am still optimistic that at least one Berlin show will happen. 
    Let's hope for the best...I'm trying to search for positives that they'll be able to play Berlin and finnish the tour...🤞🍀
  • coach pjcoach pj Posts: 230
    I would be hard pressed to think both shows are going to happen
  • Gregeje76Gregeje76 Posts: 17
    I am optimistic, still 4 days to go. We will see 2 epic shows in Berlin next week👍🤘🍀🍻
  • AR238524AR238524 Posts: 8
    Other concert suggestions in Berlin in case they cancel and anyone is stuck in the city whithout plans:

02.07. Judas Priest
    03.07. Ty Segall
    04.07. Breeders
    04.07. Garbage
    05.07. Better Lovers (Greg Puciato's new band)
    06.07. Kim Gordon Solo
    07.07. Alvvays 
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 518
    coach pj said:
    I would be hard pressed to think both shows are going to happen
    Nobody knows. Ed could be getting better but not good enough to risk more than one show.
  • JABKJABK Posts: 347
    Gregeje76 said:
    I am optimistic, still 4 days to go. We will see 2 epic shows in Berlin next week👍🤘🍀🍻
    Let us hope so 🤞🍀

It would be interesting to know the policies around cancelling shows? And you try to analyze what it means that they decided today that they have to cancel London. If they thought that there is no chance of making it to Berlin they would've cancelled those shows also, don't you think? But they have to think that there is a good chance they'll make it to Berlin. But we'll probably know about Berlin 1 on monday and Berlin 2 on tuesday.
  • Gregeje76Gregeje76 Posts: 17
    Correct, pretty sure they consulted doctors and if they told them there is no chance for Berlin they would have canceled them already today.
    that is why I am still optimistic, but there is for sure a lot of hope (and fear) in it 😉.
    Happend to The Boss recently. He cancelled 2 weeks ahead. You can cancel shows in advance whenever health demands it and on doctors advice. You don‘t have to wait til the day before.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,880
    JackD. said:
    Happend to The Boss recently. He cancelled 2 weeks ahead. You can cancel shows in advance whenever health demands it and on doctors advice. You don‘t have to wait til the day before.
    Not to mention Neil young tour canned 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 828
    JackD. said:
    Sharing a water glass with Larry David is no joke.
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 828
    AR238524 said:
    Other concert suggestions in Berlin in case they cancel and anyone is stuck in the city whithout plans:

02.07. Judas Priest
    03.07. Ty Segall
    04.07. Breeders
    04.07. Garbage
    06.07. Kim Gordon Solo
    07.07. Alvvays 
    July 3rd... the legendary Steel Panther is in Berlin.
  • reismannreismann Posts: 36
    JackD. said:
    The boss postponed the shows to 2025. That is a big difference! PJ cancels only  everytime. The boss recognise if the fans celebrating him at the place of the venue of the postponed shows.( Prague, Milan, Marseille ) PJ say nothing.
    reismann said:
    JackD. said:
    The boss postponed the shows to 2025. That is a big difference! PJ cancels only  everytime. The boss recognise if the fans celebrating him at the place of the venue of the postponed shows.( Prague, Milan, Marseille ) PJ say nothing.
    We were talking about when the announcement was made. You have a point but just not contributing the discussion.
  • benlw86benlw86 Posts: 74
    It is also possible, given this was probably "let's see how Eds feeling until a day before", that this wasn't the most likely time they could immediately confirm a replacement gig, be it at the end of the tour or in 2025.
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    Ok up front: this was an illness issue and I don’t buy into any conspiracies that they scrapped the show over ticket sales. At all. EV was clearly sick in Manchester. 
    That said: of course they aren’t trying to reschedule in this room which didn’t sell well (for multiple reasons including price but it’s honestly too big a venue at this point). A postponement would have led to an avalanche of refunds and still left them with a huge building to fill. Cancelling lets them play an arena next time instead. 
  • Ozone BabyOzone Baby Northern Germany Posts: 56
    kaw753 said:
    AR238524 said:

02.07. Judas Priest
    03.07. Ty Segall
    04.07. Breeders
    04.07. Garbage
    06.07. Kim Gordon Solo
    07.07. Alvvays 
    July 3rd... the legendary Steel Panther is in Berlin.
    I would go to Priest then.

Also TOTO is playing on 02.07., too
    On 3rd are Dune Rats in town... 
  • AR238524AR238524 Posts: 8
    I would highly recommend the Ty Segall concert - dude is killer live, if PJ cancel I am definitely going... Steel Panther is horrible IMO :D  
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,618
    It's done...