To the most disgusting lady ( Seattle N1)

GhostChileGhostChile Posts: 1,140
edited June 15 in Given To Fly (live)

I want to share this anecdote because I'm proud of how I reacted.

My wife and I have traveled to many shows in different countries. But it was our first time in Seattle, so we made sure to stay several days to explore all those historic and important places, at least for me. We planned the trip very well, and honestly, the entire experience, including the two shows, exceeded my expectations!

However, something quite bizarre happened during the first concert.

We're not the type to queue up to be in the front row; in fact, we always arrive during the opener's set. This time, when we entered the venue, we were surprised at how small the pit was and how empty it was! So, we comfortably settled at the far left of the front row, right in the corner. Both of us leaning against the barrier. Amazing view, we couldn't see Matt very well, but it was spectacular nonetheless.

We were there with our beers, already into the third or fourth song, when suddenly a woman about 55-60 years old, completely drunk, squeezed in between us and started pushing me, shouting all sorts of nonsense at Eddie every time he started to talk. I politely asked her not to stand between my wife and me, and she started insulting me, jabbing me in the back with her elbow while farting every 10 minutes. She tested my patience, and I didn't want to move because my wife was so happy to have Mike playing his guitar so close.

I opted to protect her and take on the role of a wall between this unpleasant and disgusting woman. It took me a few songs to get back into my groove. During "Alive," I knew Ed might come down, throw tambourines, or get a bit closer. And so it happened; he greeted us and pointed at the woman, throwing her a tambourine, to the evident surprise of this person who clearly knew absolutely nothing about the band. It was sad to see my wife's face as if asking me: why her?

It wasn't so important that he threw it to us, but at least NOT to her! 

Anyway, if you are reading this, I want to tell you that you are a rude, disrespectful, smelly, and ill-mannered person. Of course, you will know who you are. Disgusting!

Anyways, the rest of our travel and show N2 were out if this world! 
Mexico City 17/7/2003 Mexico City 18/7/2003 Mexico City 19/7/2003 Santiago Chile 22/11/2005 Santiago Chile 23/11/2005 Buenos Aires Argentina 13/11/2011 Santiago Chile 16/11/2011 Lima Perú 18/11/2011 Sao Paulo Brasil 31/3/2013 Buenos Aires Argentina 03/4/2013 Santiago Chile 06/5/2013 Santiago Chile 4/11/2015 Buenos Aires Argentina 7/11/2015 Porto Alegre Brasil 11/11/2015 Sao Paulo Brasil 14/11/2015 Brasilia Brasil 17/11/2015 Belo Horizonte Brasil 20/11/2015 Rio de Janeiro Brasil 22/11/2015 Bogota Colombia 25/11/2015 Mexico City 28/11/2015 Ft. Lauderdale, FL 8/4/2016 Miami, FL 9/4/2016 Tampa, FL 11/4/2016 Santiago Chile 13/3/2018 Santiago Chile 16/3/2018 Rome Italy 26/6/2018 Prague Czech Republic 1/7/2018 Krakow Poland 3/7/2018 Berlin Germany 5/7/2018 Barcelona Spain 10/7/2018 Dana Point, CA 1/10/2021 Dana Point, CA 2/10/2021 Seattle, WA 28/05/2024 Seattle, WA 30/05/2024
Post edited by GhostChile on

Comments

• spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,756
    🤣 sorry that happened.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    Too many cretins to deal with up front. I don't miss those days. Hanging back in GA is where it's at.
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,475
    Yikes how terrible
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,110

I want to share this anecdote because I'm proud of how I reacted.

My wife and I have traveled to many shows in different countries. But it was our first time in Seattle, so we made sure to stay several days to explore all those historic and important places, at least for me. We planned the trip very well, and honestly, the entire experience, including the two shows, exceeded my expectations!

However, something quite bizarre happened during the first concert.

We're not the type to queue up to be in the front row; in fact, we always arrive during the opener's set. This time, when we entered the venue, we were surprised at how small the pit was and how empty it was! So, we comfortably settled at the far left of the front row, right in the corner. Both of us leaning against the barrier. Amazing view, we couldn't see Matt very well, but it was spectacular nonetheless.

We were there with our beers, already into the third or fourth song, when suddenly a woman about 55-60 years old, completely drunk, squeezed in between us and started pushing me, shouting all sorts of nonsense at Eddie every time he started to talk. I politely asked her not to stand between my wife and me, and she started insulting me, jabbing me in the back with her elbow while farting every 10 minutes. She tested my patience, and I didn't want to move because my wife was so happy to have Mike playing his guitar so close.

I opted to protect her and take on the role of a wall between this unpleasant and disgusting woman. It took me a few songs to get back into my groove. During "Alive," I knew Ed might come down, throw tambourines, or get a bit closer. And so it happened; he greeted us and pointed at the woman, throwing her a tambourine, to the evident surprise of this person who clearly knew absolutely nothing about the band. It was sad to see my wife's face as if asking me: why her?

It wasn't so important that he threw it to us, but at least NOT to her! 

Anyway, if you are reading this, I want to tell you that you are a rude, disrespectful, smelly, and ill-mannered person. Of course, you will know who you are. Disgusting!

Anyways, the rest of our travel and show N2 were out if this world! 
    I like how you call her Smelly.  
    Of all of the sins....she shit her pants in close proximity.   That is just nasty.
    :rofl:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,504
    I've been there many times. It really fucks the experience. 
    And often women can be quite bullish in these situations. I expect ignorant men and always a little suprised to find women acting like this. Maybe I'm lucky to be surrounded by ladies in my life who are dignified. 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • FroggieFroggie Posts: 235
    What a dose. People are so rude. I think it’s actually gotten a lot worse the last year or two. Unfortunately, I can’t really remember too many good times being on the rail. Really long days and then incidents like that always seem to happen. At least ye weren’t queuing for 12 hours plus 😀
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    In Vegas on Night 1, about twelve songs into the set, a guy tried to push past me to get to the front. I was about three or four people off the rail just to Eddie's left. I held my ground. He pointed to his Ten Club shirt and said, "I'm old school. I've been a fan for 30 years!" I said, "Buddy, we're all in the Ten Club. We've all been fans for thirty years. You don't get to push past people who waited in line to get these spots." I could hear the people behind me whom he had already pushed past yelling at him. He tried to push past me again. I shoved him with one hand and he went backwards five feet. He said, "Respect your elders." (This was funny because I am 48 and he was maybe in his early 50s.) He looked like he was going to try for a third time. I turned completely around so that I was now facing away from the stage, pointed at him and said, "If you take one more step, I will fuck you up." He slinked off. All of the people behind me, whom he had pushed past, started congratulating me like I had won something and telling me I was their hero. Two minutes later, a woman tried to do the same thing. She actually ended up in front of me because she came in at an angle from the side. I actually thought she might have been someone returning to the front after stepping out to go to the bathroom or something. With her in front of me, I said, "Where are you going?" If she had said, "Back to my spot," I would have let her carry on her way. But she said, "I just want to get closer." I said, "That's not how this works," and physically moved her behind me, and then said, "You need to go that way," pointing away from the stage. She continued leaning on me for a bit but I did not budge and she eventually gave up. The people behind me were ready to throw me a parade. One guy said I was Batman. I described myself as more like Gandalf: "You. Shall. Not. Pass."

On night 2 in L.A., right as the show started, three guys with beers tried to push through. I am six feet tall. They were all about 6' 3". One of them banged into me from behind. I turned around, shoved the guy in the other direction and said, "Not happening." They gave up and went elsewhere.

Anyway, the point is that, most of the time when people try to do this, they're counting on the fact that they won't meet any resistance. If you hold your ground, if you resist, if you move them backwards, they will often give up. And the people around you will back you up. I'm sorry you had to deal with that woman, and maybe she could not have been dealt with easily. I wasn't there and can't judge. And, of course, it goes without saying that I have the strength of ten men so it's easy for me to manhandle these interlopers...
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.