Options

Is the original Dirty Frank t-shirt a "holy grail" item?

gregsaintmgregsaintm Posts: 12
I was at the iconic Drop in the Park show back on 9/20/92 and still have my XL black Dirty Frank t-shirt as well as my Music For Rhinos tee. The Dirty Frank shirt is in really good condition --- only worn a handful of times and in storage the rest of the 32 years --- and the Music For Rhinos is in good but more worn condition. No holes, nicks, tears, fading, etc.  I'm just wondering what exactly I've got on my hands before I consider parting with it. Does anyone have a feel for the value and rarity of either shirt? I'd appreciate anyone with knowledge of these things weighing in!

Comments

• Options
    distant shoresdistant shores Posts: 229
    Holy Grail item is whatever you want the most. I'm sure to a few it might be.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,687
    The use of the word holy grail may seem like an attempt to get a load of money
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,692
    Do you have a picture of the dirty frank tee? May be interested depending on what you want for it of course
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,248

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,442
    Grail, no.  Cool as hell?  Yes.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,442
    Loujoe said:

The royal hand grenade will take care of that.
  • Options
    Tough crowd here ;)
    Do you have pictures of shirts or any special memories of the show?
    Nice you kept them so long.
    If I had/have any shirts I wear them to shreds.

Shirts i wish I still had:
    Dio 
    Gwar
    RHCP bssm tour

• Options
    I just saw this post from PJ and was wondering if it was over the top rare or something since I have one and they singled it out. I would consider selling or trading it but not knowing the real value I just didn’t want to short change myself and do anything foolish that I’d regret later on, that’s all…..   
  • Options
    My biggest memories of the show (I was one day shy of turning 17) are the size of the crowd, thinking we were seeing their last show ever as Eddie was surely going to die falling from that scaffolding, how awesome Sonic Reducer sounded, seeing the late, great Shawn Smith perform along with Lazy Susan, Cypress Hill and others and emceed by Jim Rose from the Jim Rose Circus Side Show. It was so amazing. Here’s a photo of my shirt. I had a few others that I got there too since they were all just $10 (plus the free show and getting bussed to and from the show all for free too) but only this, the Black shirt w/candles on the front and Music For Rhinos survived. 
  • Options
    edited June 5
    Sweet! Thx for sharing. 
    Should be in a pj museum.
    Post edited by Loujoe on