It’s so freaking nice to finally have a….

2»

Comments

• whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,144
    By over and over and over, I mean that I enjoy it and love it enough to listen to it over and over and over.
    Lightning Bolt and Gigaton are just OK. I mean obviously being a fan since the first album and being in the fan club since 98, I definitely tried to give them a chance but never got to the “fall in love” point with either of those albums.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    BF25394 said:
    PJNB said:
    BF25394 said:
    new Pearl Jam album that I want to listen to over and over and over again!!!

Seriously this thing is so fucking good!

It’s been 15 years since I have listened to A new PJ album over and over!

I cannot wait for Fall tour!!!!
    Maybe if you went back and listened to Lightning Bolt or Gigaton over and over, you would discover that you like them more than you think you do.
    I actually did that the other day and I actually enjoyed them less than I thought I did. 

I think DM being so good actually makes it more noticeable how weak some of the songs on those albums actually were.  
    You listened to them over and over the other day? I'm talking about sustained listening over a period of time.

For what it's worth, Dark Matter has a Metacritic score of 81. Gigaton has a score of 80.
    This PJ board has never been so unified on a topic as the consensus that Dark Matter is one of the greats in the catalog.  Metacritic …meh.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Dare I say that something special is actually growing on me.  And I was completely wrong on running, that song is killer.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    edited May 26
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dare I say that something special is actually growing on me.  And I was completely wrong on running, that song is killer.  
    This is called growth.  You Are is next.  Learn it on guitar.  A fun one to play.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Same!
    Scared of Fear is definitely about Chris Cornell and their Seattle scene
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    mcgruff10 said:
    This is called growth.  You Are is next.  Learn it on guitar.  A fun one to play.
    Let’s not get crazy here!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 1,081
    edited May 26
    mcgruff10 said:
    Want to try something truly daring?  Next time in your car, start the album on Something Special, and crank the volume up to Corduroy level loud.  I did that a few weeks back and it's exhilarating.  Kind of felt punk since people act like it's "cool" to dislike the track.  Nah.  Go against the grain, rebel, crank it up  B)  The bass guitar sounds really good here and Jeff plays an awesome riff.  This track grooves.

Also, I think Got to Give sounds amazing after this, then comes Setting Sun and you have a cool 3 song set.
    Post edited by MikeDigs on
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    Dark Matter is the perfect “shake off the Gigaton/pandemic sadness” album. Being less tied to political perspectives and more reflective on them is a nice breather - even though I love Gigaton a lot more than others seem to.