Options

*** LA 2 - 2024 SETLIST THREAD ***

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,739
    Probably not intentional but they haven't completed Dark Matter in any city so far. Basically because they've only played Got To Give once, I think, and they didn't play Stevie in Vancouver.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 623
    Got to Give must be the new Getaway.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,044
    bootleg said:
    Got to Give must be the new Getaway.
    Wish Something Special was. Got to Give sounded good in Vancouver. I wonder what gives. 
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 443
    Never Destination would have been cool. One of my favorites from Gigaton. 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,323
    Kind of interesting...

LA had like 5 Gigaton shows (counting 21 Ohana) but was slated for 2 gigaton tracks before Never Dest scratch. 

LV had zero gigaton but didn't get any.

So it doesn't seem like that kind of thing isn't going into the process when gigaton is added to sets. 

I'm really surprised DoC is still on sets while Retrograde and Whoever said are MIA.

Overall though seems like LA got treated nicely 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    I think DotC is good and I enjoyed it live at every show. Oh well, some seem to dislike it. Would love to see WES get played more frequently or Alright added in at the beginning.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,405
    Down to 8 repeats. Progress! 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,854
    pjl44 said:
    Down to 8 repeats. Progress! 
    Come on, they've played 88 different songs across eight shows. 
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,854
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    Another forgettable encore, sorry I couldn't hep myself...now lie to yourself and post that it's incredible.
    You were not there, and you just have no idea. It was unforgettable and incredible.
    Every show is the greatest until it isn't! I mean how is it possible, it's not. I've never seen a bad PJ show but, certainly not everyone was the greatest, not even close!
    Who said it was "the greatest"?

You. Were. Not. There. You see "Rockin' on the Free World" on the set list and you yawn, but you didn't see fourteen people on stage with three percussionists, multiple fabulous guitar solos, Patti King radiating pure sunshine for five minutes, and an absolutely exhilarating and chaotic free-for-all and the crowd loving all of it. Seriously, go jump in a lake. I hear there's a big one near Chicago, although it's probably still frozen in late May.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,844
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    Another forgettable encore, sorry I couldn't hep myself...now lie to yourself and post that it's incredible.
    You were not there, and you just have no idea. It was unforgettable and incredible.
    Every show is the greatest until it isn't! I mean how is it possible, it's not. I've never seen a bad PJ show but, certainly not everyone was the greatest, not even close!

You. Were. Not. There. You see "Rockin' on the Free World" on the set list and you yawn, but you didn't see fourteen people on stage with three percussionists, multiple fabulous guitar solos, Patti King radiating pure sunshine for five minutes, and an absolutely exhilarating and chaotic free-for-all and the crowd loving all of it. Seriously, go jump in a lake. I hear there's a big one near Chicago, although it's probably still frozen in late May.
    I've seen the greatest RITFW ever w/ Neil in Toledo 20 years ago, so spare me I also saw a great RITFW w/ Bono in Toronto in 05...get the picture, the song is dead, I dont care if there were 50 people on stage, play a PJ song instead...same goes for IWBD! Been 80 and sunny for a long time already here, can you see through the smog and filth to see the LA skyline...that's right you don't have a skyline, the best skyline in the world belongs to Chicago(cleanest big city in this country, immaculate)...nice try though😎
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 808
    Unsubscribe
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,739
    Vito, chillax and send me some restaurants to go in Wrigley area with my wife & 13 & 12 year-old sons.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,946
    We've entered "my city is better than yours" territory. This thread competes with the Taylor Swift complaints on the main board. Yikes
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 166
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:

I've seen the greatest RITFW ever w/ Neil in Toledo 20 years ago, so spare me I also saw a great RITFW w/ Bono in Toronto in 05...get the picture, the song is dead, I dont care if there were 50 people on stage, play a PJ song instead...same goes for IWBD! Been 80 and sunny for a long time already here, can you see through the smog and filth to see the LA skyline...that's right you don't have a skyline, the best skyline in the world belongs to Chicago(cleanest big city in this country, immaculate)...nice try though😎
    Tsk, amateur. Best RITFW was with Uncle Neil in 2011. 
  • Options
    JB79491JB79491 Posts: 29
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:

I was there for Toledo 04 and Toronto 05- those were some good fun versions 🤘
  • Options
    vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,844
    JB79491 said:
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:

I was there for Toledo 04 and Toronto 05- those were some good fun versions 🤘
    🍷
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• Options
    DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 454
    The setlist on paper doesn't = the show ... but we can still be disappointed with some choices within a setlist when we know there are so many better options and the sets are so much shorter than they used to be.
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 504
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:

That Toledo 05 bootleg was so tasty, only time the band has played my favourite NY track (with Neil), Cortez the Killer (outside of the Neil Jam shows of course).
  • Options
    jatimbojatimbo Posts: 33
    Do we keep commenting here since it was the last show? First (juuust in case…) no disrespect to DSD or anyone in the PJ community with my Juvenile ref. That song just popped into my head when I saw that pic, which was awesome! My bad. It was meant as positive words of encouragement for rockin out!  Love these DM tour sets and micro sets within. Super cool and fresh. I was convinced we were all retiring after Gigaton. PJ painted their masterpiece with that album. It’s all encompassing. Dark Matter was such an unexpected treat! We are lucky. Looking forward to all the sets lists, comments, stoke, and whatever post game analysis you may have, 'cause we know it’s all love. Keep it real my friends!
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,223
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:
    BF25394 said:
    vito said:

Tsk, amateur. Best RITFW was with Uncle Neil in 2011. 
     B)
    Wuz there. MC was struggling and kicking butt. Loved that. 
    Best best best version (for me) was fenway 2016 when I played catch with Ed. 
  • Options
    Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 741
    Happened to be at both Toledo 04 and Toronto 9/11/11

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)