Options

*** PORTLAND - 2024 SETLIST THREAD ***

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    vedpunk said:
    Great setlist and this is their best tour in a long time!  I will take them playing at a higher level with some repeats over them flubbing through a bunch of obscure songs so some baby gets to cross it off their wishlist EVERY day of the week.  This is not for the entitled whiny fan. 
    Ha! I do dig the rarities but I also totally agree. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    adamg5adamg5 Posts: 797
    vedpunk said:
    Great setlist and this is their best tour in a long time!  I will take them playing at a higher level with some repeats over them flubbing through a bunch of obscure songs so some baby gets to cross it off their wishlist EVERY day of the week.  This is not for the entitled whiny fan. 
    Love it.  Nice post 
  • Options
    HenriettaLowellHenriettaLowell Cologne, Germany Posts: 57
    vedpunk said:
    +1
  • Options
    southpsouthp Posts: 278
    Wow this setlist looks phenomenal. 
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,723
    Great setlist. I saw them play In the Moonlight and it’s crossed off, but everyone around me got up and went to the bathroom. 😂
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,116
    vedpunk said:
    X100
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,024
    I am definitely bumping this thread when some of you guys get a rare song at one of your shows and you freak out about how great it is. :lol:
  • Options
    benlw86benlw86 Posts: 16
    edited May 11
    Hey guys,

I have been an obsessive fan since relatively late (joined at '98 Yield period) and have made it to 3 shows (Dusseldorf '07 - a gift from my Dad on my 21st birthday), Belfast '10, London '18) so understand that I'm not in the category of those who have spent a lot of money traveling frequently to see unpredictable set lists, but... 
    ...2024 seems different for a Pearl Jam fan. We have gone through a fortunate period of have 10-15 years of incredible albums and tours followed by solid middle-age efforts (I count Avocado through to Gigaton), and can only have assumed that Dark Matter would follow that vein. And somehow, somehow, a load of 60-somethings have come up with the best album of the year, the most creative PJ since Binaural, and arguably the most solid since Vitalogy...so...let. them. play. the. songs. I understand that rarities are a novelty for Pearl Jam (having not been obsessive about any other band, I have absolutely no idea if any other band has mixed up their setlist as Pearl Jam have done), but it is very evident from the music and from the interviews, that they are INCREDIBLY proud of this one. Think to your work, and think to the time when you have felt incredibly proud of a project, regardless of anyone else's views, it's an integral part of life. When I first listened to the record, Stevie and Setting Sun popped out, but the more I listen, the more that the front 4 songs absolutely kill it, and flow perfectly. React-Respond into Wreckage is f*cking sick. And then, the solo of Stevie through it's coda into Running, is for me the peak of the album. Let. Them. Play. It. How lucky are we that after 30 years they are absolutely tonked to be playing these songs, as opposed to just dirging through greatest hits?

Cannot wait until London (although expecting Tottenham stadium to be a bit of a sh*t venue).

If you don't know the word. Hiraeth is a Welsh word for longing - in some cases a longing and comforting/straining pull for an ideal memory that may not even have existed. In Wales we link it to family, to our mountains and language. Dark Matter gives me Hiraeth. My Dad passed in 2022, he listened to Alive on the radio in '98 and bought me Yield as a result (went to the local store to ask who Pearl Jam are). He would have f*cking loved Stevie.
    Post edited by benlw86 on
  • Options
    DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 453
    benlw86 said:
    Hey guys,

I have been an obsessive fan since relatively late (joined at '98 Yield period) and have made it to 3 shows (Dusseldorf '07 - a gift from my Dad on my 21st birthday), Belfast '10, London '18) so understand that I'm not in the category of those who have spent a lot of money traveling frequently to see unpredictable set lists, but... 
    ...2024 seems different for a Pearl Jam fan. We have gone through a fortunate period of have 10-15 years of incredible albums and tours followed by solid middle-age efforts (I count Avocado through to Gigaton), and can only have assumed that Dark Matter would follow that vein. And somehow, somehow, a load of 60-somethings have come up with the best album of the year, the most creative PJ since Binaural, and arguably the most solid since Vitalogy...so...let. them. play. the. songs. I understand that rarities are a novelty for Pearl Jam (having not been obsessive about any other band, I have absolutely no idea if any other band has mixed up their setlist as Pearl Jam have done), but it is very evident from the music and from the interviews, that they are INCREDIBLY proud of this one. Think to your work, and think to the time when you have felt incredibly proud of a project, regardless of anyone else's views, it's an integral part of life. When I first listened to the record, Stevie and Setting Sun popped out, but the more I listen, the more that the front 4 songs absolutely kill it, and flow perfectly. React-Respond into Wreckage is f*cking sick. And then, the solo of Stevie through it's coda into Running, is for me the peak of the album. Let. Them. Play. It. How lucky are we that after 30 years they are absolutely tonked to be playing these songs, as opposed to just dirging through greatest hits?

Cannot wait until London (although expecting Tottenham stadium to be a bit of a sh*t venue).

If you don't know the word. Hiraeth is a Welsh word for longing - in some cases a longing and comforting/straining pull for an ideal memory that may not even have existed. In Wales we link it to family, to our mountains and language. Dark Matter gives me Hiraeth. My Dad passed in 2022, he listened to Alive on the radio in '98 and bought me Yield as a result (went to the local store to ask who Pearl Jam are). He would have f*cking loved Stevie.
    Beautifully said!  Hope you get the experience you deserve in London!  (And this is coming from someone who prefers randomness and rarities)
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    Oh ya Austin last year was full of the band flubbing through songs lol 

And Undone in Ft Worth sounded terrible didn’t it?
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,258
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:

I was so excited to get Save You and In My Tree...until they totally fucked them up.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,723
    Very excited for the DM songs (I opened up my phone and it said “play Dark Matter?,” the big hits, the burners, AND the rarities. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    thomascbullockthomascbullock Posts: 381
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:

I was so excited to get Save You and In My Tree...until they totally fucked them up.
    Was In My Tree bad? I don’t remember that. But yes, the audience karaoke version of Save You I could have done without, even though I love the song. That whole era felt so weirdly unprepared, I remember a couple of SOLAT train wrecks, a song you’d think they know cold…
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    I was at the show.  I loved every bit of it with the exception of 2 songs. (Seven O'Clock and Mind Your Manners).  So, enjoying 23 of 25 songs is pretty fucking good.  I really wanted Waiting for Stevie and Setting Sun.  Got them both.  All the other Dark Matter songs are gravy and loved it.  The opening 3 songs were the highlight for me.  I just wish Ed would lose the hat. :)  Also, the Boom & Mike back and forth on Crazy Mary reminded me of 2003 and I loved that. 
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    FiveBelow said:
    I'm thinking Waiting For Stevie debuts in Sacramento, and Comes Then Goes will finally make its debut night 2 in Vegas. Hope those of you in Portland get a banger!
    Sadly yes, I think you’re correct, with the 13th being Stevie’s birthday. Which means I’ll miss it. Tonight is my third and final show of the tour. 
    So happy to have been wrong with this prediction :lol: 

Stevie was worth the wait. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,218
    FiveBelow said:
    I'm thinking Waiting For Stevie debuts in Sacramento, and Comes Then Goes will finally make its debut night 2 in Vegas. Hope those of you in Portland get a banger!
    Sadly yes, I think you’re correct, with the 13th being Stevie’s birthday. Which means I’ll miss it. Tonight is my third and final show of the tour. 
    So happy to have been wrong with this prediction :lol: 

Stevie was worth the wait. 
    Glad you got it! 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,808
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:

Ed's starting to flub lyrics on the new songs. He botched "Dark Matter" in Portland and at least one other one, maybe "Waiting for Stevie," but I'm a little hazy as I'm on very little sleep right now.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 857
    Austin 2 was still 🔥 
  • Options
    edited May 12
    BF25394 said:
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:

Ed's starting to flub lyrics on the new songs. He botched "Dark Matter" in Portland and at least one other one, maybe "Waiting for Stevie," but I'm a little hazy as I'm on very little sleep right now.

Post edited by adamg5 on
  • Options
    edited May 12
    I’m always amazed the band can remember so many songs, lyrics, drum beats, solos etc I’m so happy to be along for this ride.  
    Post edited by adamg5 on
  • Options
    adamg5 said:
    I’m always amazed the band can remember so many songs, lyrics, drum beats, solos etc I’m so happy to be along for this ride.  
    Same here

They def get more ticket sale because of it too though. 

I always wondered if they did a foo fighters style set how many tickets they would move if people knew before hand. 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,258
    PJNB said:
    adamg5 said:
    Same here

They def get more ticket sale because of it too though. 

I always wondered if they did a foo fighters style set how many tickets they would move if people knew before hand. 
    I never go to more than one Foo show per year because of this. Always the same, right down to the chatter between songs.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,808
    adamg5 said:
    I'd be more amazed except that I'm a huge Wilco fan who has seen them perform an enormous, complicated catalog of songs and rarely make these kinds of mistakes. Jeff Tweedy writes more songs than anyone this side of Taylor Swift or Bob Pollard, many of the lyrics are abstract, and he flubs a line only occasionally. But that's also a band that tours a lot more than Pearl Jam does, and that practices a lot more than Pearl Jam does.

Anyway, you'd think the newest songs would be the easiest to remember, because they are the ones that were almost certainly rehearsed the most before the tour.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    thomascbullockthomascbullock Posts: 381
    vedpunk said:
    Austin 2 was still 🔥 
    The encore was so funny afterwards - reading the takes here that it was dull because they came out and played seven hits - trust us, in the room it was immense.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,219
    Ed said they waited for PDX to debut Stevie but had they waited one more show, they could have done it as a tribute on his birthday May 13th. Add it to the list of things I don’t get.