Framed Cracker Jack going rate?

Lumpy1661Lumpy1661 Posts: 264
I am considering selling my framed Cracker Jack. I want to sell at a reasonable and fair price. Looking for some insight before I list again. 

Comments

• Lumpy1661Lumpy1661 Posts: 264
    Am I allowed to ask not trying to break rules? 
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,633
    You're definitely allowed to ask. If anything, it helps you not sell too low or to high. My guesstimate is simply to give you an idea, but I'd think $1500 is a good number to give you an idea of expectation. 

To clarify, please do not use my number as an absolute. It could be as low as $1200 or as high as $1800 these days. I don't keep tabs on pricing anymore.

I do hope this generates some discussion and gets you the real numbers you need. Good luck when you list it for sale - it's a beauty of a poster!
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

Thank you for very much for your insight. I appreciate you taking the time! Very kind!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    Gibson said:
    You're definitely allowed to ask. If anything, it helps you not sell too low or to high. My guesstimate is simply to give you an idea, but I'd think $1500 is a good number to give you an idea of expectation. 

To clarify, please do not use my number as an absolute. It could be as low as $1200 or as high as $1800 these days. I don't keep tabs on pricing anymore.

I do hope this generates some discussion and gets you the real numbers you need. Good luck when you list it for sale - it's a beauty of a poster!
    I think thats high.  The poster market isn't as kind as it used to be. But hey. U never know.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    That's high. Framing hurts the value too unless someone happens to love your frame and trusts that it was done properly 
  • GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,802
    Poster game may have softened but not as much for CJ….

IMO
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,290
    I could be wrong, but I could have sworn there was one listed here fairly recently well under $1000. Unframed I think.

I could be wrong and while I do want one, I am not ISO, so I'm not saying that just to get something cheaper.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

IMO
    Not 1800.  Noooo way.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038

IMO
    Not 1800.  Noooo way.
    Think again... 

IMO
    Not 1800.  Noooo way.
    Think again... 

That actually sold for 1400.  It was actually a Best Offer.  I'm still shocked at that price. The unframed a few days before that sold for 750, so yeah, nooo way.
    750 for unframed sounds right.

IMO
    Not 1800.  Noooo way.
    Think again... 

That actually sold for 1400.  It was actually a Best Offer.  I'm still shocked at that price. The unframed a few days before that sold for 750, so yeah, nooo way.
    How do you figure? Wouldn’t it say best offer accepted, if that was the case as seen in the bottom two? 

IMO
    Not 1800.  Noooo way.
    Think again... 

How do you figure? Wouldn’t it say best offer accepted, if that was the case as seen in the bottom two? 

Use 130point.  It will show you the actual sales.  It will show you something new.  Great way to see what things did sell for.

I do wish they would go to bids though.  That is what they are really worth but can't believe all of those either.  I refuse to believe that someone paid 250 for a 2016 signed Jacksonville, lol!

IMO
    Not 1800.  Noooo way.
    Think again... 

Use 130point.  It will show you the actual sales.  It will show you something new.  Great way to see what things did sell for.

I do wish they would go to bids though.  That is what they are really worth but can't believe all of those either.  I refuse to believe that someone paid 250 for a 2016 signed Jacksonville, lol!
    Interesting... regardless, if it sold $1,400 or $1,700, $1,500 seems like a good starting point for OP... it would still be $250 lower than the cheapest one up there right now. 

IMO
    Not 1800.  Noooo way.
    Think again... 

Interesting... regardless, if it sold $1,400 or $1,700, $1,500 seems like a good starting point for OP... it would still be $250 lower than the cheapest one up there right now. 
    I forgot he said framed...  Whoops!
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    edited May 10
    I remember one selling for 1400 about a year or so ago, I was shocked. So were many others, saw some people say they'd let theirs  go for that price if anyone was interested.
    Also, eBay isn't always the best comparison if you want to post things outside of ebay. Remember that using them you pay something like 20% in fees. So if you want ebay prices, list on ebay and pay ebay fees.
    Asking those prices elsewhere is like watching an episode of Pawn Starts where the "expert" says the item is worth $1000, so the customer thinks Pawn Stars should pay them $1000 for it. 

And I don't see a frame job adding more than a few hundred bucks. Its a small poster and usually just a basic frame job. Its going to add $50 to the shipping cost too. Framed or not ishouldn't be the difference between 750 and 1400.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • danofundanofun Posts: 984
    There seems to be a sizable gap in perceived value. Only one way to find out its current value, set a price and let the people decide!

If someone paid $1400 for it as recently as 4 weeks ago, I wouldn't be asking for any less, but that's just me. 

If someone paid $1400 for it as recently as 4 weeks ago, I wouldn't be asking for any less, but that's just me. 
    I'll sell mine for 1300 right now, lol!
  • go prego pre Posts: 661
    I bought mine from someone on here a little over a year ago for $800, no frame. I don’t think the market for these has improved since then.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.

As would I. 

What I wouldn’t do is list mine for under $1k and leave money on the table unless I really had to move it. 
    Thanks to everyone for their input!  I will post FS
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    eBay takes about 13% of the final sale price and shipping once you factor in final value fees and payment processing fees.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 599
    on2legs said:
    eBay takes about 13% of the final sale price and shipping once you factor in final value fees and payment processing fees.  
    And don't forget tax to the buyer, which isn't reflected in the sale price 👍

As would I. 

What I wouldn’t do is list mine for under $1k and leave money on the table unless I really had to move it. 
    I paid 35 for mine so its all gravy if I sell it.
  • hepcatpunkhepcatpunk Posts: 177
    Sold mine, unframed for 1400, in August 2021 on eBay.  Just a point of reference for you from a few years ago.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    njhaley1 said:
    on2legs said:
    And don't forget tax to the buyer, which isn't reflected in the sale price 👍

Ebay collects the tax automatically.  One less headache for the seller.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    on2legs said:
    That's with PayPal fees? I just looked it up out of curiousity. It lists "most categories" as 13.25% ebay fee, but lists art as only 5%. I think Paypal would be on top of that. Wouldn't posters be art though?
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    That's with PayPal fees? I just looked it up out of curiousity. It lists "most categories" as 13.25% ebay fee, but lists art as only 5%. I think Paypal would be on top of that. Wouldn't posters be art though?
    PayPal is no longer involved - ebay processes the payment directly. 13% is the total. Posters are music memorabilia and incur about 13% in my experience 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,290

As would I. 

I paid 35 for mine so its all gravy if I sell it.
    I'll give you $70.00
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    stick it on pjbay and see how it takes off?

totally agree with Chris, current market on unframed is approx $750-850 and framing is very personal. Many folk will want you to remove it from a frame as a condition of sale also to check it is in perfect shape