Will Sirens be played this tour?

2»

Comments

• domjon77domjon77 Posts: 29
    axeljohan said:
    Hopefully not. One of my least favorite PJ songs. PJ walks that line of cheesy or beautifully brilliant better than anyone but this one falls in the cheesy side for me. 
    Agree. Wreckage and Something special are on the right side of cheesy IMO. And since those two will take the spot of the cheesy radio-friendly power-ballad on most nights, we won’t hear much of Sirens this tour. 
    Agree agree. I don't need to hear it.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    I also don't hear the "cheesy". A tad 80s power ballad perheps with the Slash-outside-of-a-church solo. 

But I also for quite some time thought the song was about Sirens in the ocean (like in Force of Nature) painting the song a lot more mysterious and fantastic. 

I think I like that idea more. But I remember hearing from the very beginning Ed saying he was in the recording studio writing a song and kept hearing a bunch of police sirens. 

I can't get over that long, slow intro. I'd like the song so much better without it. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,082
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    Sirens is one of those songs that seemed to gain more meaning as I raised kids and now have grandkids. The theme of being carefree for the most part, and then having to care and think about mortality because you are responsible for others is pretty poignant. I haven't heard it live, but I would like to.