Options

*** VANCOUVER 1 - 2024 SETLIST THREAD ***

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    I love the in a sense outside the box of last night's setlist and they still do stuff like this (hello, a song after YLB), I liked the tease of potentially playing Dark Matter straight out of the gate, I don't know how much I overall love set, and I really like Dark Matter as a whole. I am sure it would have been great to be there, though, especially with the uniqueness of it all. 

I don't usually feel bad for the causal fan who says they didn't see enough hits, but that would have been kind of tough for the casual fan! It is cool Pearl Jam is comfortable enough doing that though.

Still, I hope from here they spread the new stuff out a little more. Especially with the shorter sets, that's four, five, maybe six songs on some night they could have given us a little more variety or deep cut or whatever.

That said, I have six shows planned this year and I hope I get the whole album. I saw 10 shows during the Gigaton run and while I like Gigaton more than many, some of the songs did get tired live. I hope that doesn't happen with Dark Matter. Another that said, with it allI did not get Retrograde and that is a little disappointing, and at this point I bet that will be a long shot. 
  • Options
    What was the ed speak like last night?
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,444
    I agree with all this.  The only kind of pleasant surprise was 25 songs.  They were averaging more like 22 the last couple years.  I think.  So between that and the lack of 10 minutes of Even Flow, it kind of works.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,645
    What was the ed speak like last night?
    Coherent.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 130
    Anyone sit in the "limited view" seats last night? If so, what exactly was limited (if anything). I imagine it has to do with the screen more than visibility of the band. 
  • Options
    RVMMFCRVMMFC Posts: 397
    jagerweis said:
    Anyone sit in the "limited view" seats last night? If so, what exactly was limited (if anything). I imagine it has to do with the screen more than visibility of the band. 
    This completely...some stacks or things like that but basically the same view it's always been from those seats, buy them without concern
    " I said there's nothing wrong with what you say. Believe me just asking you to sway. No white or black just grey. Can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?"
  • Options
    jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 130
    RVMMFC said:
    jagerweis said:
    This completely...some stacks or things like that but basically the same view it's always been from those seats, buy them without concern
    Figured, thanks!
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,444
    jagerweis said:
    RVMMFC said:
    jagerweis said:
    Figured, thanks!

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023