MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 497
    edited May 7
    Open the show with Aye Davanita into Last Exit

Tremor Christ is a must

B) 
    Post edited by MikeDigs on
  • Options
    DeamonDeamon Posts: 166
    I know it's 'cool' to like all the unknown/not popular tracks, but they're not going to put that many in one show. 

There was quite a bit of Vitalogy/Yield/No Code it seems in the first 2 shows.  Thinking we might get more Ten/Vs. (release, animal, oceans, garden, Go, rearview mirrror)
    1998: Vancouver 7/19
    2005: Calgary 9/4
    2009: Calgary 8/8, San Diego 10/9
    2011: Calgary 9/21, Edmonton 9/23, Vancouver 9/25
    2012: Missoula 9/30
    2013: Calgary 12/2
    2014: Amsterdam1 6/16, Amsterdam2 6/17, Trieste 6/22, Berlin 6/26
    2016: Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto2 5/12
    2019: Dusseldorf 6/30 (EV)
    2022: Sacramento 5/18
    2024: Portland 5/10
  • Options
    quarteredquartered Posts: 118
    Deamon said:
    I know it's 'cool' to like all the unknown/not popular tracks, but they're not going to put that many in one show.  
    A touch patronizing...

I like the rarer stuff for any number of reasons - sometimes I simply like the rarer songs more - maybe more complex, esoteric, etc. musically or lyrically, I've heard the popular songs a ton live (not to mention everywhere else for a long, long, long long time), and the band tends to get more into the rarer stuff probably for the same reasons - how many times would you want to play Alive? Of course they aren't going to play only rare songs, but I can always ask.

KNOW MY RIGHTS (sorry, I'm sure I've worn that out by now)
  • Options
    edited May 7
    quartered said:
    Deamon said:
    A touch patronizing...

I like the rarer stuff for any number of reasons - sometimes I simply like the rarer songs more - maybe more complex, esoteric, etc. musically or lyrically, I've heard the popular songs a ton live (not to mention everywhere else for a long, long, long long time), and the band tends to get more into the rarer stuff probably for the same reasons - how many times would you want to play Alive? Of course they aren't going to play only rare songs, but I can always ask.

I thought the same lol.  What a weird thought and comment.  I imagine people like what they like, because they... like it.  Otherwise if you're claiming to like something just to be "cool", then that's not genuine at all.  Seems very "hipster-ish".  lol

Also, this is a Pearl Jam fan forum, so of course most people here will like the "unknown / not popular" tracks, as most people here love the band and have explored the song catalog in great depth.
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    quartered said:
    I would never say it out loud, it was all just a touch low energy (unfortunately, I could hear Trump's voice as I typed that). 

The band gives back what the crowd gives them.  Two-way street.  I'm a Portlander and I'm sometimes ashamed at how quiet and lame our crowds can be.  Not just for PJ, but for every band I see here. So, hopefully WE BRING IT this time! 
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    "I was at the last Portland show with my brother. We brought my parents and brother's wife for their first show. You guys did a little rope (Pendulum) swing thing and, I would never say it out loud, it was all just a touch low energy"

I was commenting to the quote, above.  I clearly don't know how to properly post here,  ha ha
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    Milestone said:
    "I was at the last Portland show with my brother. We brought my parents and brother's wife for their first show. You guys did a little rope (Pendulum) swing thing and, I would never say it out loud, it was all just a touch low energy"

I was commenting to the quote, above.  I clearly don't know how to properly post here,  ha ha
    The show finally sold out, right? 
  • Options

• Options
    edited May 8

OK, so I realize I have far too many opener songs, so something's Got to Give:

Of the Girl

Scared Of Fear 

God's Dice

Low Light Low Light Low Light

Tremor Christ

Light Years

No Way

Cropduster

Dark Matter

React, Respond

Can't Keep

In My Tree

Upper Hand

No Jeremy No Jeremy No Jeremy

Off He Goes

New Lukin

Parachutes

Won't Tell

Black

Unemployable

Come Back

All Night

Of the Earth Of the Earth Of the Earth

Yellow Ledbetter LITTLE WING LITTLE WING LITTLE WING

Setting Sun

Post edited by quartered on
  • Options
    Eddie can you hear me?
  • Options
    Can you feel me near you?
  • Options
    Please know you (PJ) have been a through-line in my life, in so many ways the soundtrack to my life. I agree with Morrison that "music inflames temperament" and you guys set fire to mine a long time ago...

So no disrespect with all the BS I've been posting - just trying to get your attention the only way I can
  • Options
    quartered said:
    Deamon said:
    A touch patronizing...

I think that was worn out by post 3. 

Seriously homie, you've gone completely off the deep end.  You're like an old senile man screaming at the birds lol.

• Options
    MikeDigs said:

I imagine people like what they like, because they... like it.  Otherwise if you're claiming to like something just to be "cool", then that's not genuine at all.  Seems very "hipster-ish".  lol

lol, you're using the H-word in vain, in a PORTLAND thread.  Lord have mercy on your soul.
  • Options
    edited May 8
    Deamon said:
    MikeDigs said:

I imagine people like what they like, because they... like it.  Otherwise if you're claiming to like something just to be "cool", then that's not genuine at all.  Seems very "hipster-ish".  lol

lol, you're using the H-word in vain, in a PORTLAND thread.  Lord have mercy on your soul.
    :lol:  Was just calling the logic how I see it.  In these fan forums, I assume that people genuinely love the music.  I've never been to Portland, but your comment leads me to believe that it may be similar to Austin, where the motto is "keep it weird".  I'd love to visit Portland, I hear the city is beautiful.
  • Options
    Deamon said:
    quartered said:
    Deamon said:
    A touch patronizing...

Seriously homie, you've gone completely off the deep end.  You're like an old senile man screaming at the birds lol.

You're not much fun at parties, are you?
  • Options
    McGanahanMcGanahan Posts: 16
    I only ever shout out one request at live shows:

"PLAY WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!!"
  • Options
    Milestone said:

I wonder if it's pretty standard to have that many resales for a show?
  • Options
    MikeDigs said:
    Deamon said:
    MikeDigs said:

:lol:  Was just calling the logic how I see it.  In these fan forums, I assume that people genuinely love the music.  I've never been to Portland, but your comment leads me to believe that it may be similar to Austin, where the motto is "keep it weird".  I'd love to visit Portland, I hear the city is beautiful.
    hahah Portland is the hipster capital of the universe and it's not close!  I didn't know that was Austin's motto... there's a pretty famous saying/wall in Portland that is "keep portland weird"
  • Options
    quartered said:
    Deamon said:
    quartered said:
    Deamon said:
    A touch patronizing...

You're not much fun at parties, are you?

Judging by your lunatic posts in this thread, I'm not sure you're even legally allowed within 100 feet of one.
  • Options
    MikeDigs said:
    quartered said:
    Deamon said:
    A touch patronizing...

I thought the same lol.  What a weird thought and comment.  I imagine people like what they like, because they... like it.  Otherwise if you're claiming to like something just to be "cool", then that's not genuine at all.  Seems very "hipster-ish".  lol

Also, this is a Pearl Jam fan forum, so of course most people here will like the "unknown / not popular" tracks, as most people here love the band and have explored the song catalog in great depth.
    If we ignore Deamon, do you think he'll go away?
  • Options
    quartered said:
    MikeDigs said:
    quartered said:
    Deamon said:
    A touch patronizing...

If we ignore Deamon, do you think he'll go away?
    No, I think he will stick around and hang out.  I don't want him to go away do you?  It's all love in these forums after all.
  • Options
    MikeDigs said:

No, I think he will stick around and hang out.  I don't want him to go away do you?  It's all love in these forums after all.

Ha ha. Not sure if love captures it, but OK
  • Options
    Back to MY RIGHTS

The gist of MY RIGHTS is LITTLE WING, NO JEREMY, OF THE EARTH, and LOW LIGHT. These are MY CORE RIGHTS, all other songs stipulated are also MY RIGHTS, but can be considered SECONDARY RIGHTS. These are still MY RIGHTS, but by RIGHT, I have decreased their importance temporarily in order to focus more exclusively on MY CORE RIGHTS, which are of course MY RIGHTS. 

KNOW MY RIGHTS
  • Options
    And Upper Hand - a new Favorite RIGHT
  • Options
    Aye Davanita in Portland is OH SO RIGHT
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    quartered said:
    Back to MY RIGHTS

The gist of MY RIGHTS is LITTLE WING, NO JEREMY, OF THE EARTH, and LOW LIGHT. These are MY CORE RIGHTS, all other songs stipulated are also MY RIGHTS, but can be considered SECONDARY RIGHTS. These are still MY RIGHTS, but by RIGHT, I have decreased their importance temporarily in order to focus more exclusively on MY CORE RIGHTS, which are of course MY RIGHTS. 

KNOW MY RIGHTS
    Sounds like you want to hear Get Right. Did I get that right? 

Haha, I crack myself up.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,409
    Deamon said:
    MikeDigs said:
    Deamon said:
    MikeDigs said:

hahah Portland is the hipster capital of the universe and it's not close!  I didn't know that was Austin's motto... there's a pretty famous saying/wall in Portland that is "keep portland weird"
    Austin had the motto first. Terry Currier, owner of Music Millenium, co-opted the motto for Portland after a visit to Austin. He started the movement here. Printed and sold bumper stickers. The mural is across from Voodoo Donuts in Old Town.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,371
    Might I suggest that, for variation, you occasionally mix in:

NO, *MY* RIGHTS!!

Good luck in your quest.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    edited May 9
    Hobbes said:
    Deamon said:
    MikeDigs said:
    Deamon said:
    MikeDigs said:

Austin had the motto first. Terry Currier, owner of Music Millenium, co-opted the motto for Portland after a visit to Austin. He started the movement here. Printed and sold bumper stickers. The mural is across from Voodoo Donuts in Old Town.
    "Voodoo Donuts is too mainstream" :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpHIkX2NxCQ