Options

A perspective on recent Pearl Jam albums

BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,615
Here are the Metacritic scores for the most recent Pearl Jam studio albums. They may surprise some fans:

Dark Matter: 81
Gigaton: 80
Lightning Bolt: 73
Backspacer: 79
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,690
    I could see that....if the other scores were what they were and Gigatonwas a 60
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 667
    Nah, Gigaton was significantly more experimental than the previous, that’s critical catnip.
    Also, believe it or not, a lot of us like Gigaton.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    edited May 3
    BF25394 said:
    Here are the Metacritic scores for the most recent Pearl Jam studio albums. They may surprise some fans:

Dark Matter: 81
    Gigaton: 80
    Lightning Bolt: 73
    Backspacer: 79

BS, LB and Gigaton are overrated there IMO, or Dark Matter is underrated. And I feel like that isn't just Dark Matter derangement syndrome, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,690
    kmcmanus said:
    Nah, Gigaton was significantly more experimental than the previous, that’s critical catnip.
    Blech.  Lol.  All good, I'm liking DM 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 911
    They all have their moments and great songs, dark matter seems most well rounded album start to finish 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,487
    Low for Lightning Bolt or as some here call it Lightening Bolt.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 343
    kmcmanus said:
    Thank you. A lot us Do like Gigaton.
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 420
    Dark Matter is a very interesting record. There may not be a single song on it I like better than my fav song(s) on those previous albums but as a whole album it far surpasses them. It’s tight & lean with no filler. I never feel like any part of it drags. I don’t skip a single track. 
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 795
    👆40