Options

Commemorative Tickets

jburden007jburden007 Battle Ground, WA Posts: 12
Hello everyone, 

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a commemorative ticket after the fact?  I purchased some tickets through TM and did NOT add the ticket.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  

Thank you!  :)

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,243
    For Vancouver, with some of my upgrade tickets, when I looked at the tickets in my events, there was an option to buy a commemorative ticket.

Upgrading tickets is horrible for commemorative tickets.   If you sell your tickets on fan2fan they don't give you the $10 back, but they also don't seem to mail out the tickets.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    If they don't send me the commemorative tix I paid for they are going to get pretty sick of me calling them about it, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,351
    PJ_Soul said:
    If they don't send me the commemorative tix I paid for they are going to get pretty sick of me calling them about it, lol.
    More like you're going to get sick of messaging in circles with a Ticketmaster "representative" that you eventually realize is a bot. Maybe Ticketmaster Canada is better.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,543
    BF25394 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    More like you're going to get sick of messaging in circles with a Ticketmaster "representative" that you eventually realize is a bot. Maybe Ticketmaster Canada is better.
    It's Ticketstoday that handles the commemorative tickets.  
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    When you contact Ticketstoday, they will tell you to contact Ticketmaster. I went through this two years ago. It is Dante's tenth circle of hell. Eventually, I used the magic words of class-action lawsuit, fraud, and escalation to the local authorities, and all of a sudden they agreed to credit me the ten dollars for the commemorative tickets for the cancelled Sacramento and Vegas shows.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,243
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    When you contact Ticketstoday, they will tell you to contact Ticketmaster. I went through this two years ago. It is Dante's tenth circle of hell. Eventually, I used the magic words of class-action lawsuit, fraud, and escalation to the local authorities, and all of a sudden they agreed to credit me the ten dollars for the commemorative tickets for the cancelled Sacramento and Vegas shows.

Maybe I should of tried this for the handful of shows I've done ticket upgrading for.    After a while I just felt it wasn't worth $10 to me to keep persuing it :(
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,543
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Last year it was Ticketstoday and Ticketmaster had no idea. Still took a few tries but eventually got mine. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,976
    Don't bother ordering them.  I never got my commemorative tickets from last years tour.  I emailed both Ticketstoday and Ticketmaster and included my order/confirmation number.  Still didn't do any good. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,341
    Forget about after the fact...there is a higher likelihood than not that you will not receive them if you order them with your initial ticket purchase.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,926
    JojoRice said:
    Don't bother ordering them.  I never got my commemorative tickets from last years tour.  I emailed both Ticketstoday and Ticketmaster and included my order/confirmation number.  Still didn't do any good. 
    I had to pursue mine pretty rigorously for several weeks but finally got all
    mine from TicketsToday. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,777
    Two things from my personal experience:
    1. Buying the commemorative tickets, then selling your tix on F2F means you won't receive them. I've only received the quantity and shows that I still had under my original 10c orders, but never any extras I got rid of.
    2. Don't bother buying through Ticketmaster after the fact. I've never received them, they typically don't understand the option to buy is available within the app/site when looking at your events, and tends to be a quick way to lose $10/show.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,926
    tschav said:
    Two things from my personal experience:
    1. Buying the commemorative tickets, then selling your tix on F2F means you won't receive them. I've only received the quantity and shows that I still had under my original 10c orders, but never any extras I got rid of.
    2. Don't bother buying through Ticketmaster after the fact. I've never received them, they typically don't understand the option to buy is available within the app/site when looking at your events, and tends to be a quick way to lose $10/show.
    I sold my original seats on F2F and the commemoratives I got had my original seats, not my upgraded ones. So you can get them, but the seats may not match where you actually were at the show. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,930
    Hello everyone, 

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a commemorative ticket after the fact?  I purchased some tickets through TM and did NOT add the ticket.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  

Thank you!  :)

I would contact them. Couldn't hurt to find out. 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Maybe I should of tried this for the handful of shows I've done ticket upgrading for.    After a while I just felt it wasn't worth $10 to me to keep persuing it :(
    There are plenty of situations where I would just write off ten bucks because my time is valuable, but Ticketmaster is relying on people just giving up and they cannot be allowed to get away with this. I probably spent a total of three hours in pursuit of this refund, but it was worth it.