Options

Songs they f***ed up live

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Give me some examples where they fucked up the song up (someones guitar wasnt working, ed fucked up more than normal) and they either kept going or ended it there.

I'm thinking like Alive from San Sebastian in 2000, Crazy Mary in Philly 2005, or Animal in East Rutherford 2006.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    evacuation in dc. haha eddie said htey were going to have to evacuate that one.
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Alone in ER I '06, no?

Atleast I think it was that version.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    sd412sd412 Posts: 19
    Thin Air at Bennaroya Hall. It was Stones fault
    My DVD List
    http://db.etree.org/sd412

There is no reason that she passed
    And there is no god with a plan
    It's sad... and his loneliness is proof
    It's sad... he could only love you
    It's sad
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    What song did Mike just mess up at MSG???
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    alexers wrote:
    evacuation in dc. haha eddie said htey were going to have to evacuate that one.

that was great... waiting to get that boot
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    And Crazy Mary in Philly - I don't believe they messed up. I think there was really bad feedback or some kind of shock from one of the speakers/monitors.
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Off He Goes, Gorge 05'
    NERDS!
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    macci wrote:
    What song did Mike just mess up at MSG???
    marker
  • Options
    LBC at Camden 2 for a recent one.

That was baaad.
    Yield!

• Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    oceans ....opening song, opening night in WPB this tour...the timing was off between stone and eddie....eddie then turned and flipped stone off while laughing...it was classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_8eN-lb6iA
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Mankind, State College 03. Funny as hell.
    impromptu Satan's Bed same show, just as funny.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    SHip Song. its too bad they havent tried it again, it sounded like it was gonna be awesome!
  • Options
    msg1 98- mikes guitar wasn't working during the first verse of GTF and they messed up all all those yesterdays
  • Options
    toronado10toronado10 Posts: 239
    Sometimes San Fran 06 ed forgot the second half of the song.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Toledo 1996 - Ed fucked up the beginning of I Got Id. He mentioned how someone didn't do their homework, but the next try was going to be perfect, then stated the song over.

State College 2003 - Forgot the lyrics for the second verse of Breath, messed up twice during Hide Your Love Away (second time appeared to be caused by his harmonica holder not being in the right position), Stone messed up the beginning of Mankind and forgot some lyrics, and of course there was Satan's Bed.

Camden 2003 - For the preset Ed started playing Throw Your Arms Around Me and fucked up and stopped playing, then started playing Parting Ways and fucked up, went back to playing TYAAM from the beginning and finished this time.

Camden 2008 - Couldn't get started on LBC so they skipped it.
  • Options
    nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Ed's fucked up Soon Forget a few times. But he usually blames the crowd for their off beat clapping.;)
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    "You've forgiven me"
    My personal favorite- when Ed just missed 3/4 of the lyrics to "Wishlist" at Mansfield July 11 03.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    HogsrulHogsrul Posts: 36
    "You've forgiven me"
    My personal favorite- when Ed just missed 3/4 of the lyrics to "Wishlist" at Mansfield July 11 03.

Didn't they fuck up Alive in Atlanta '03? Stone started it off and missed the first part completely. It was pretty funny.
    Memphis '00/ OKC '03/ Dallas '03/ Little Rock '03/ VFC St. Louis '04/ Gorge '06 (2 nights)

Obama or McCain = No Bush YAY!
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Soon Forget - Saratoga 2000 - The clapping in the audience is off time and fucks ed up, very funny...

Wishlist from that same show is botched somehow, but that's not uncommon. I remember distinctly before Wishlist he was talking about working with apes and introduced Wishlist "I wrote this next song so even an ape could play it" and then he fucks it up and then after "even the apes mess up sometimes" or something to that effect.... very funny.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    over_bends wrote:
    LBC at Camden 2 for a recent one.

That was baaad.

listening to my flac boot,

it sounded more like maybe ed was out of breath , and to coverup he said ah fuck it i cant remember that one.
    Listening today i was a little sceptical after i was blasting the boot at home since it was cru7ddy outside.

Maybe the G-R-E-E-D-s from Green Disease previously took a little wind out of ed, plus he's smoking those fucking cigarettes like they are going out of style.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,918
    nocode23 wrote:
    Ed's fucked up Soon Forget a few times. But he usually blames the crowd for their off beat clapping.;)

That one in particular was Brisbane 03 and was hilarious. In my tree, Fargo 03 was really odd. My favorite was Alive in San Fran(Mtn View) 03 where on the opening riff, someone messed up and the band rolled into about 30-45 seconds of free jazz, then rolling back into Alive. Intro to Nashville 03 Evenflow where Ed says he knows this next song so well that he can do this next song and mow his lawn and brush his teeth all at the same time. Then he messed up the 2nd line.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    kitfookitfoo Posts: 125
    Dissident at The Gorge. Mike butchered that one. Sounded like he just kept playing the first 2 bars of the song over and over.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    kitfoo wrote:
    Dissident at The Gorge. Mike butchered that one. Sounded like he just kept playing the first 2 bars of the song over and over.
    Off He Goes at the Gorge...Ed messed up badly...oh man that was terrible!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Down at the Gorge 06' also, Jeff was a wee bit off on the bass line.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    kitfookitfoo Posts: 125
    But I guess if you had to play out in 115 deg heat all day, you'd be a little off too! lol I would have melted after the first hour on stage.
  • Options
    wishlist 7-11-03, makes up for it with a great tag.
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Elderly Women....MSG 1 2008. Ed messes up a verse and says "I fucked up" when he realizes.
    6/14/08 - Bonnaroo
    6/19/08 - Camden 1
    6/24/08 - MSG 1
    8/07/08 - Newark, EV Solo
    6/11/09 - Upper Darby, EV Solo
    10/28/09 - Spectrum 2
    10/30/09 - Spectrum 3
    10/31/09 - Spectrum 4
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    listening to my flac boot,

it sounded more like maybe ed was out of breath , and to coverup he said ah fuck it i cant remember that one.
    Listening today i was a little sceptical after i was blasting the boot at home since it was cru7ddy outside.

Maybe the G-R-E-E-D-s from Green Disease previously took a little wind out of ed, plus he's smoking those fucking cigarettes like they are going out of style.

That's interesting. I didn't get the boot for it yet, but from what I remember didn't he completely botch the guitar intro to? That'd be pretty scary though if he botched it on purpose to catch his breath. It can't get here in the mail any sooner. I need to hear this again.
    Yield!

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    over_bends wrote:
    That's interesting. I didn't get the boot for it yet, but from what I remember didn't he completely botch the guitar intro to? That'd be pretty scary though if he botched it on purpose to catch his breath. It can't get here in the mail any sooner. I need to hear this again.

yeah- plus i was in the 1st row so i saw him gasping a bit.

give a real good listen , i think youll agree.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    These are fucking great... thanks for making my night entertaining. Jumping around iTunes listening to these. Awesome.