Quick Story

THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,867
Hey. I’ve had a couple and feeling pretty good but wanted to share a quick story. One of my closest friends for over 35 years who I saw my first pj concert with back in 1992 when we saw them in Saratoga Springs at Lollapollza (sp) and it changed all our lives and saw other incredible / memorable pj shows 2001 Groundwork’s, multiple shows in 2003 including 7th row in Hershey where Eddie let some lady have it when she showed her mosquito bites from the summer, anyone remember that rant? Saw them In Wrigley in 2013 together and a bunch more. Anyway he recently had major surgery and due to some complications we almost lost him. Last 3-4 weeks has been praying and staying positive and today he was able to send me and my bro a text message that was incredible. First line was I’m still alive - EV , still all drugged up and a little out of it but nonetheless first text was pj related . After having a good cry and being grateful for him turning the corner I wanted to remind everyone that life is short and we should appreciate what we have. We should be grateful we still have pj, we have a new record, new tour, lots to look forward to and be grateful what we have . tonight just positive thoughts. Appreciation for life, appreciation for this band and all the great memories it has provided over the years . My buddies fav song is Immortality and it fits him perfect. 

Comments

• Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,272
    Absolutely correct and I’m very happy to hear your friend is still ALIVE! 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    Hope he heals up soon, and where is that coquette today? 
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    So happy your friend is doing better, and I was at the Hershey show too.  A woman, a stranger standing next to me . . . we both just looked at each other and said, did he just say what I think he said?  Ah, great memory, great show.  Was at the show with my brother and I remember we had a blast after the show too.  We partied and laughed for hours at the hotel.  One of my favorite memories of the many shows we went to together.  He has since passed, so I second your thoughts on being grateful and passing along positive vibes.  Nice post!!
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    Awesome, glad your buddy pulled through!!!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,867
    So happy your friend is doing better, and I was at the Hershey show too.  A woman, a stranger standing next to me . . . we both just looked at each other and said, did he just say what I think he said?  Ah, great memory, great show.  Was at the show with my brother and I remember we had a blast after the show too.  We partied and laughed for hours at the hotel.  One of my favorite memories of the many shows we went to together.  He has since passed, so I second your thoughts on being grateful and passing along positive vibes.  Nice post!!
    Sorry for the loss of your brother. Glad u both got to enjoy pj together!!! 
  • cmikeheltoncmikehelton Posts: 201
    Hey. I’ve had a couple and feeling pretty good but wanted to share a quick story. One of my closest friends for over 35 years who I saw my first pj concert with back in 1992 when we saw them in Saratoga Springs at Lollapollza (sp) and it changed all our lives and saw other incredible / memorable pj shows 2001 Groundwork’s, multiple shows in 2003 including 7th row in Hershey where Eddie let some lady have it when she showed her mosquito bites from the summer, anyone remember that rant? Saw them In Wrigley in 2013 together and a bunch more. Anyway he recently had major surgery and due to some complications we almost lost him. Last 3-4 weeks has been praying and staying positive and today he was able to send me and my bro a text message that was incredible. First line was I’m still alive - EV , still all drugged up and a little out of it but nonetheless first text was pj related . After having a good cry and being grateful for him turning the corner I wanted to remind everyone that life is short and we should appreciate what we have. We should be grateful we still have pj, we have a new record, new tour, lots to look forward to and be grateful what we have . tonight just positive thoughts. Appreciation for life, appreciation for this band and all the great memories it has provided over the years . My buddies fav song is Immortality and it fits him perfect. 
      Well said.. hope your friend has a full recovery! 
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,490
    Happiness is only real when shared. 
    Friends made past and present are what make this whole ship sail 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -