Options

New MOJO Magazine includes live rarities Pearl Jam CD

Comments

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,735
    David Fricke wrote this? He loves bands that I love, but I find him to be uncomfortably obsequious and unctuous when writing about those bands.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Can’t wait to DL this.
    I'm all about CDs, but couldn't you download these performances now? Or stream them? I don't do any downloading or streaming so I admit that I may have no idea what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,309
    BF25394 said:
    David Fricke wrote this? He loves bands that I love, but I find him to be uncomfortably obsequious and unctuous when writing about those bands.
    What does this mean for someone who isn’t native english… hah
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,512
    BF25394 said:
    I'm native and I don't know
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,296
    BF25394 said:
    Can’t wait to DL this.
    I'm all about CDs, but couldn't you download these performances now? Or stream them? I don't do any downloading or streaming so I admit that I may have no idea what I'm talking about.
    Yeah, you could. But I am an old comic book collector, so I love to collect things. I’m happy to support print publications as well. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,507
    BF25394 said:

He's way too big a fan when writing about some bands.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Any ideas when this will ship to the States?
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 916
    Any ideas when this will ship to the States?
    I think the street date is next week so maybe sometime after that? They ship subscriptions a few days early which is how I have ended up with my copy earlier than most.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,085
    BF25394 said:
    I don't know those words. Doesn't sound nice.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    Sycophantic. Overly flattering in a kind of smarmy way.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,085
    Dig it. Thx^
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    Can’t wait to DL this.
    Yeah, you could. But I am an old comic book collector, so I love to collect things. I’m happy to support print publications as well. 
    Like I said, I'm all about CDs, but I was asking the person who specifically said he can't wait to download the tracks because, as I understand it, he may not have to wait to download them.
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 670
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    Can’t wait to DL this.
    Like I said, I'm all about CDs, but I was asking the person who specifically said he can't wait to download the tracks because, as I understand it, he may not have to wait to download them.
    Couldn’t a Nugs subscriber just piece it together as a playlist?
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    Can’t wait to DL this.
    Couldn’t a Nugs subscriber just piece it together as a playlist?
    I don't know how that works, but that's what I was getting at-- that there might be a way to either stream or download these specific tracks. Can you buy official Pearl Jam bootlegs on iTunes (or whatever it's called now) and, if so, can you buy individual tracks as opposed to whole shows? Or are the official bootlegs only available from nugs.net?
  • Options
    edited March 16
    I think you can only buy bootlegs. They don’t sell individual tracks.

Edit: Nugs doesn’t do individual tracks. Yeah, I think you could purchase them from Apple or Spotify.

Apple music and Spotify might actually have these boots. You could put it together that way.
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 670
    I think you can only buy bootlegs. They don’t sell individual tracks.

Edit: Nugs doesn’t do individual tracks. Yeah, I think you could purchase them from Apple or Spotify.

Apple music and Spotify might actually have these boots. You could put it together that way.
    Nugs doesn’t sell individual tracks but if you have a subscription you can download individual tracks
  • Options
    WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 540
    Heyyy,

I live on LI. I have been a fan since 93, die hard since 95. Been to a bunch of shows and have posters/memorabilia with money I never had 🤗. I think we all share that PJ debt. I work really hard as a business teacher (always including ethics for future generation) and coaching girls bball. I also have a painful back problem and I’m just in need of rest/recovery this wknd. 

Long story short can anyone give me advice on the quickest method to read this article? It would be a welcome distraction. I’ll drive to a record store/barnes and noble, online subscription, pay, etc… What’s the best way to read this? It looks like a great article and the preview was fascinating. Haven’t heard/read a “state of the band” piece since 2020?

Thanks for listening, appreciate you all. Jam on
  • Options
    hypnotist collectorhypnotist collector Posts: 105
    edited March 16
    Hell yeah! I was at the Jax and Missoula shows. They crossed out “Love, Riegn O’er Me” on the Jax set to play “Ghost”. Such a killer show, and my first hometown show. Missoula in 2018 was also amazing. A celebration of democracy, activism and all things Jeff Ament lol. Great fucking town with a killer record store in a beautiful state. God’s country really. Before they played “Fatal” Ed intoned the famous goosebump-inducing phrase for any who’s been lucky to hear it live: “this next one…is for the serious collector” Fuck yeah baby so ready for Dark Matter and Wrigley in August
  • Options
    edited March 16
    WW187806 said:
    Heyyy,

I live on LI. I have been a fan since 93, die hard since 95. Been to a bunch of shows and have posters/memorabilia with money I never had 🤗. I think we all share that PJ debt. I work really hard as a business teacher (always including ethics for future generation) and coaching girls bball. I also have a painful back problem and I’m just in need of rest/recovery this wknd. 

Long story short can anyone give me advice on the quickest method to read this article? It would be a welcome distraction. I’ll drive to a record store/barnes and noble, online subscription, pay, etc… What’s the best way to read this? It looks like a great article and the preview was fascinating. Haven’t heard/read a “state of the band” piece since 2020?

Thanks for listening, appreciate you all. Jam on
    Hello fellow teacher! Best bet for you is probably hit up a Barnes and Noble? If it’s not shrink wrapped, you can probably read it in store.

You can also order it online from the Mojo website. I did, and they’ll ship it to your house. About $18 (not bad with a cd).
    Post edited by CarryTheZero on
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    I’m in Barnes and Noble now. They carry Mojo but currently have the Paul McCartney one with a CD for that too.
  • Options
    edited March 16
    I think maybe newstand is a little behind people that have a subscription?
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 836
    Fatal.  Love it.  
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 916
    I think maybe newstand is a little behind people that have a subscription?
    Definitely a lag if you still have the March Macca issue in the US. There’s an issue with Liam Gallagher and John Squire (April) before the Pearl Jam one. 
  • Options
    Record stores?
  • Options
    runstaplesrunstaples NC/WY Posts: 243
    Gah, says it's out of stock, check back on the 18th.
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • Options
    Rw sent you a message 🙏🏼
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,352

• Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,086
    Yeah, if my counting it right, that's 7am EST?
    I will hop on tomorrow morning and check it out.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    BSully said:
    Yeah, if my counting it right, that's 7am EST?
    I will hop on tomorrow morning and check it out.

6am EST. It's 9am right now in the UK. Restock goes up in 40 minutes over @ https://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/mojo-may-2024  .

• Options
    Back in stock now!