extreme dissapointment at the ticket prices, Baltimore

13»

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,957
    Zod said:
    J. said:
    I am in the exact same boat, and it sucks.  I'm sorry.  I wanted to take my kids as well, so 10C tickets would not work.   I check Ticketmaster daily, and the cheapest tickets are $400 each.  I'm not blaming the band.  It just sucks though.

Cheapest tickets on TM this morning for Philly 09/07 is 436.25. Does anyone have any idea when the prices may change? Tickets have gone up approx 400% since I saw them in Camden 2022. Got those tickets on TM for face value 175.00 after striking out on 10c.

I am BLOWN away that these prices persist and Ed claims in the recent Visions interview that it's because of production costs?

Theoretically only 10% of the tickets go for prices that high, the rest were sold at face value.  To be honest I wish they did away with platinum and raise the rest of the tickets by $20 or whatever, so they wouldn't feel the need to go platinum.

Platinum tickets all depend on supply/demand.   If TM can sell them at higher prices they will.  It's only when they don't sell do the prices get lowered.

Usually the week of the show.    It's a horrible system.  TM also doesn't show their hand, so when you buy a platinum, you don't realize there were a bunch more they still had on reserve, then in the week or few days before the show they start trying to blow them out, and that's where the opportunity is.

Ticket buying is now all about waiting until just before a show happens, not buying them months or weeks early.

It's a game of chicken with ticketmaster.

Also sometimes the prices never really go down of the show is in a high demand market and people gobble up all the platinums.  Kind of the opposite of Vancouver, where it blew up in TM's face, and they gave 10c members 2nd access, kept putting out amazing FV seats to the public etc because they weren't selling fast.

100% correct that the best prices are found within 48-24 hrs of the show. Philly in an arena on a Saturday night will always be in high demand. Expect to pay more if you do not get face value tickets and need to plan travel. I also think Ticketmaster is holding way more than 10% of the tickets for premium pricing, you just cannot see it because they release them in waves. They will milk every last dollar out of every seat they hold until their computer tells them to cut bait, which is generally right before the show. Same with 10C members, they tend to hold them hoping to make the show, only to realize they cannot or a friend cancels.  With persistence you can get into most shows for a reasonable price, the exception being those special one-offs like the Vic, Irving Plaza, the Apollo etc.
  • J.J. Posts: 41
    Get_Right said:
    Zod said:
    J. said:
    I am in the exact same boat, and it sucks.  I'm sorry.  I wanted to take my kids as well, so 10C tickets would not work.   I check Ticketmaster daily, and the cheapest tickets are $400 each.  I'm not blaming the band.  It just sucks though.

Cheapest tickets on TM this morning for Philly 09/07 is 436.25. Does anyone have any idea when the prices may change? Tickets have gone up approx 400% since I saw them in Camden 2022. Got those tickets on TM for face value 175.00 after striking out on 10c.

I am BLOWN away that these prices persist and Ed claims in the recent Visions interview that it's because of production costs?

Theoretically only 10% of the tickets go for prices that high, the rest were sold at face value.  To be honest I wish they did away with platinum and raise the rest of the tickets by $20 or whatever, so they wouldn't feel the need to go platinum.

Platinum tickets all depend on supply/demand.   If TM can sell them at higher prices they will.  It's only when they don't sell do the prices get lowered.

Usually the week of the show.    It's a horrible system.  TM also doesn't show their hand, so when you buy a platinum, you don't realize there were a bunch more they still had on reserve, then in the week or few days before the show they start trying to blow them out, and that's where the opportunity is.

Ticket buying is now all about waiting until just before a show happens, not buying them months or weeks early.

It's a game of chicken with ticketmaster.

Also sometimes the prices never really go down of the show is in a high demand market and people gobble up all the platinums.  Kind of the opposite of Vancouver, where it blew up in TM's face, and they gave 10c members 2nd access, kept putting out amazing FV seats to the public etc because they weren't selling fast.

100% correct that the best prices are found within 48-24 hrs of the show. Philly in an arena on a Saturday night will always be in high demand. Expect to pay more if you do not get face value tickets and need to plan travel. I also think Ticketmaster is holding way more than 10% of the tickets for premium pricing, you just cannot see it because they release them in waves. They will milk every last dollar out of every seat they hold until their computer tells them to cut bait, which is generally right before the show. Same with 10C members, they tend to hold them hoping to make the show, only to realize they cannot or a friend cancels.  With persistence you can get into most shows for a reasonable price, the exception being those special one-offs like the Vic, Irving Plaza, the Apollo etc.

I hear you both..  and honestly I just have never been in the situation I am in now with these crazy prices. I've been with 10c for a lot of years and every tour cycle if I don't score through 10c I usually can find decent to good seats either through TM or broker. I saw them in Camden 2022 didn't get tickets through 10c but was able to get seats through TM for face value. There was none of this crazy on demand dynamic pricing stuff. At least for Camden at that time.

I definitely know Philly and NYC are in high demand always. I live in PA about an 1.25 hrs from Philly or NYC and Philly/Camden is like my home venues. I have seen them at these places multiple times throughout the years. I was at the final 3 out of 4 nights in Philly when they closed out the Spectrum.

I will keep checking and hopefully something good will happen with these insane prices and me and the lady can catch a break and see the boys in Philly.