2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    Cool!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,156
    How much is one of those anyways?
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,867
    CD's usually run $10-13.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 90
    thats awesome

• PapPap Posts: 28,751
    Brilliant! :clap:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    I still have the longbox that my copy of Ten came in, purchased at the long-defunct Record Explosion on 5th Avenue at 42nd Street in Manhattan in 1992. But my longbox is anything but sealed. (This sounds dirty, which is not what I intended.)
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • JoeyP21JoeyP21 Allentown, PA Posts: 184
    This is fantastic!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    BF25394 said:
    I still have the longbox that my copy of Ten came in, purchased at the long-defunct Record Explosion on 5th Avenue at 42nd Street in Manhattan in 1992. But my longbox is anything but sealed. (This sounds dirty, which is not what I intended.)
    I expect finding them things sealed is a mega rarity these days. 

Especially the black epic variant one
  • Not entirely sure what this is?
    Not entirely sure what this is?
    Its just a ten cd in a long cardboard case 

Long boxes were made to display new Cds in record stores in the 1990's
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    pdalowsky said:

Yeah, because that way they fit in the record stores existing fixtures designed to display vinyl records. Then CDs became massively popular and almost put vinyl out of existence. Because CDs were way more convenient and also sounded incredible. They were, and still are, the superior format, unless you are using some crazy set up. This isn't Reddit so I don't have to worry about losing karma for my unpopular opinion! 😁 I Stan for CDs!
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    pdalowsky said:

Sealed with stickers that were on the original packaging and graded to "prove" that it is all original sealing/labelling, driving up the price in the collector's market and turning a CD that most of us would open and play in a stereo into something designed to sit on a shelf (in a light-controlled room because sunlight could cause the color to fade) and be looked at occasionally.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
    verceman said:
    pdalowsky said:

Yeah, because that way they fit in the record stores existing fixtures designed to display vinyl records. Then CDs became massively popular and almost put vinyl out of existence. Because CDs were way more convenient and also sounded incredible. They were, and still are, the superior format, unless you are using some crazy set up. This isn't Reddit so I don't have to worry about losing karma for my unpopular opinion! 😁 I Stan for CDs!

I'm with you. I like vinyl, but CDs are so much more versatile. My new-to-me car still has a CD player. I'm bummed that most don't now. Give me manual transmission and a CD player!
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,651
    mpedone said:
    verceman said:
    pdalowsky said:

I'm with you. I like vinyl, but CDs are so much more versatile. My new-to-me car still has a CD player. I'm bummed that most don't now. Give me manual transmission and a CD player!
    I just got a new car, first time with no CD player since they took over for cassette players.
    Not too happy, but not much I can do about it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • GW2553GW2553 Posts: 80
    Case Logic CD holder on the visor FTW!!
    Poncier said:
    mpedone said:
    verceman said:
    pdalowsky said:

I just got a new car, first time with no CD player since they took over for cassette players.
    broke my heart losing my cd player in my car, but i wouldnt go back now

same with a manual gearbox....never again
    Poncier said:
    mpedone said:
    verceman said:
    pdalowsky said:

A couple of the cars we looked at didn't have one. I seriously pondered buying a portable CD player (they still make them!) and plug it into the AUX port, like the old days of using a cassette adapter with my Discman. :)

Watch Eddie Vedder Inherit A Sealed Pearl Jam CD Longbox From Steve Aoki’s Audio Grading Company 

Just echoing the CD love here. Portable, durable, sounds great. My car is about turn 20 in two weeks. One of the reasons I haven't replaced it is that it has a CD player, and there are very few models of new cars that even have a CD player as an option, let alone standard.
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    BF25394 said:
    Just echoing the CD love here. Portable, durable, sounds great. My car is about turn 20 in two weeks. One of the reasons I haven't replaced it is that it has a CD player, and there are very few models of new cars that even have a CD player as an option, let alone standard.
    I still listen to cds in my car. One day there will be a huge CD explosion,just like their was with vinyl 15 years ago. Unlike vinyl,they'll still play flawlessly even if scratched.
    joseph33 said:
    BF25394 said:
    I still listen to cds in my car. One day there will be a huge CD explosion,just like their was with vinyl 15 years ago. Unlike vinyl,they'll still play flawlessly even if scratched.
    You've brought this full circle, as I mentioned above that I bought my Ten CD at Record Explosion, which later changed its name to CD Explosion. My friend and I who worked across the street from Record Explosion always pronounced "explosion" like the way Jon Spencer says "explosion" in Jon Spencer Blues Explosion.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,651
    edited February 22
    mpedone said:
    Poncier said:
    mpedone said:
    verceman said:
    pdalowsky said:

A couple of the cars we looked at didn't have one. I seriously pondered buying a portable CD player (they still make them!) and plug it into the AUX port, like the old days of using a cassette adapter with my Discman. :)
    I have considered buying one of those. Will probably end up doing it at some point. Have the free trial of Sirius XM currently so not missing the CDs as much, but when it expires I'll probably grab a portable.
    Post edited by Poncier on
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    mpedone said:
    Poncier said:
    mpedone said:
    verceman said:
    pdalowsky said:

I have considered buying one of those. Will probably end up doing it at some point. Have the free trial of Sirius XM currently so not missing the CDs as much, but when it expires I'll probably grab a portable.
    It's a viable workaround, but not as stable as a player built into the dashboard when your car goes over a bump.
    Pap said:
    Brilliant! :clap:

Indeed.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    pdalowsky said:
    Poncier said:
    mpedone said:
    verceman said:
    pdalowsky said:

broke my heart losing my cd player in my car, but i wouldnt go back now

same with a manual gearbox....never again
    We’re no longer friends.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore