Question when choosing seating option

First: thank you PJ!!!

Second: are people selecting/checking both boxes (GA/Reserved & Reserved) if you are okay with with either or are you only checking the first box (GA/reserved) because it already includes both options anyways. 

I would not even think twice about only selecting the first box… except for that blurb at the top that says to select both options for best chances. 

Has this been answered yet?

thanks and sorry if I missed this info in another thread. 

Exciting times!

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    You are right if you click the combo you should be covered but last year some of those that put in for only the GA/Res combo option did not get in the Res draw. 

I think that honestly is part of the reason we do not have priority this time. So many people complained that they did not get their first pick when doing the GA/Res combo only and others were getting the same city as their 7th pick. We are the dumb ones though I guess for not understanding how it works. 

If you want to cover your butt and avoid another lotto debacle just click both even though it does not really make sense that you have to. 

• woolymanwoolyman Posts: 53
    Thanks, PJNB… 

Might as well - right?  I will go back in and resubmit…

🤞

• pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,361
    I chose all 3 options. Not sure if that was the right way to go about it ha!
  • woolymanwoolyman Posts: 53
    LOL. only 2 options for the shows I desperately want. 

Just that first option is a catch all - we think?  Lol. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    woolyman said:

Originally I had only chosen GA or P1 thinking it would cover both since they were listed together. After reading this thread, even though it doesn't really make sense, I resubmitted to include both options. Standing or sitting or sitting. 
  • woolyman said:

Originally I had only chosen GA or P1 thinking it would cover both since they were listed together. After reading this thread, even though it doesn't really make sense, I resubmitted to include both options. Standing or sitting or sitting. 
    So you’re telling me their statement is wrong….

Select Your Shows
    Select GA Pit / Reserved for your best chance of getting tickets. *Must be willing to potentially get GA Standing tickets, otherwise select Reserved seats.
    woolyman said:

Select Your Shows
    Select GA Pit / Reserved for your best chance of getting tickets. *Must be willing to potentially get GA Standing tickets, otherwise select Reserved seats.
    I am not saying it is wrong, but during the 2022 lottery, there was speculation that people who put in for "GA /reserved" only and didn't also select the separate "reserved" and didn't get chosen for GA were not added to the lottery for reserved, and ended up not getting tickets. I am not sure whether that actually happened or not, but based on how messed up the 2022 lottery went, I figure it makes sense to cover all the bases.  
  • rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 147
    woolyman said:

Select Your Shows
    I am not saying it is wrong, but during the 2022 lottery, there was speculation that people who put in for "GA /reserved" only and didn't also select the separate "reserved" and didn't get chosen for GA were not added to the lottery for reserved, and ended up not getting tickets. I am not sure whether that actually happened or not, but based on how messed up the 2022 lottery went, I figure it makes sense to cover all the bases.  
    I'm just in the process of entering the lottery and can only choose one option, not both. That's for Berlin. 
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    Would be nice for Ten club to confirm. Here is dumb response I received from Ticketmaster. I didn't bother responding because obviously they are clueless

Thank you for reaching out!

Be advised, registering to multiple price level options does not guarantee access to the sale. Some fans who register will be randomly selected to get access to the sale and others will be placed on a waitlist. Access does not guarantee tickets, which are subject to availability.

Sincerely,
    Orlando L.
    Ticketstoday Fan Support

[EXTERNAL]

Hello. This is probably a dumb question but when choosing seats here is what I see. If I choose GA or Reserved do I also need to choose Reserved P1 to increase my odds? I would assume if I choose GA or Reserved, if I don't get GA, I automatically go into the Reserved P1 pile. Please confirm if this is the case or if it makes sense to choose GA or Reserved P1 AND Reserved P1.
  • PJNB said:
    You are right if you click the combo you should be covered but last year some of those that put in for only the GA/Res combo option did not get in the Res draw. 

I think that honestly is part of the reason we do not have priority this time. So many people complained that they did not get their first pick when doing the GA/Res combo only and others were getting the same city as their 7th pick. We are the dumb ones though I guess for not understanding how it works. 

If you want to cover your butt and avoid another lotto debacle just click both even though it does not really make sense that you have to. 

But clicking in the combo has the downside of lowering your relative chance of GA then...

This system is really not... logical or easy to understand.

If I pick GA+ seated  PLUS only seated --  then what is the systems priority. 1/3 GA chance and 2/3 seated in a vacuum..?

They really didn't upgrade to a clearer system
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    PJNB said:

I think we are mixing metaphors about the different years and ticket draws.

in 2020, you could select GA or standing or Both.

in 2022 it was paired together for the redraws, with the exception of the very late MSG August which I believe was actually for a limited number of GA only.

In 2023, I selected the GA/Standing only for all 4 shows I submitted for and got tickets to all 4 shows. Seated, but it did not take me out of the shows.

I am not going to try to get into what people did in previous draws because it is all speculation.  But in any event I believe the P1 seated is for those people who don't want to end up in GA. 

It is very confusingly worded.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

PJNB said:

But clicking in the combo has the downside of lowering your relative chance of GA then...

This system is really not... logical or easy to understand.

If I pick GA+ seated  PLUS only seated --  then what is the systems priority. 1/3 GA chance and 2/3 seated in a vacuum..?

They really didn't upgrade to a clearer system
    In the past the GA draw was done first. All people who did not win in the GA draw and chose the GA/RES combo only, GA/RES combo plus RES only, and the RES only should all then be put in the RES draw with equal chances of winning. 

We don't really know how they do it though since they do not disclose it before hand. 
    PB11041 said:
    PJNB said:

I think we are mixing metaphors about the different years and ticket draws.

in 2020, you could select GA or standing or Both.

in 2022 it was paired together for the redraws, with the exception of the very late MSG August which I believe was actually for a limited number of GA only.

In 2023, I selected the GA/Standing only for all 4 shows I submitted for and got tickets to all 4 shows. Seated, but it did not take me out of the shows.

I am not going to try to get into what people did in previous draws because it is all speculation.  But in any event I believe the P1 seated is for those people who don't want to end up in GA. 

It is very confusingly worded.
    It took them a couple of tries to fix the GA/RES only qualifying for the RES draw last year when GA was lost. That was part of the reason along with seniority being botched that we had the redos. 

It really should be a simple system but my trust in TM or whoever is in charge of the lotto doing it correctly is about as low as it can get. 
    rahjiim said:
    woolyman said:

Select Your Shows
    I'm just in the process of entering the lottery and can only choose one option, not both. That's for Berlin. 
    That makes sense. My selected show is Chicago and I could select both options.
  • mookieb14mookieb14 Posts: 148
    I think PJNB and JeB are explaining it correctly.  That’s why the priority is gone.  Members that only chose ga/seats didn’t get into the pool for seats if they lost out on ga.  This was a huge cluster.  So how do we fix this?   Guess it involves abandoning priority shows rather than coming up with a formula to put those that requested ga/seats into the seats only draw as well.  Makes no sense to me but has never been communicated clearly.  
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    mookieb14 said:
    I think PJNB and JeB are explaining it correctly.  That’s why the priority is gone.  Members that only chose ga/seats didn’t get into the pool for seats if they lost out on ga.  This was a huge cluster.  So how do we fix this?   Guess it involves abandoning priority shows rather than coming up with a formula to put those that requested ga/seats into the seats only draw as well.  Makes no sense to me but has never been communicated clearly.  
    Every show I put in for in 2023 I choose GA/Seats.  I won all four and did not get GA for any of the shows.  So that doesn't give.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

PB11041 said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Every show I put in for in 2023 I choose GA/Seats.  I won all four and did not get GA for any of the shows.  So that doesn't give.
    It does for a lot of people though. They tried to correct it but the first draw they did people with GA/RES only did not get in. 3 tries later some did and some still got overlooked. 
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    Yea last time I had the 2 Chicago shows as my priority 1 and 2. GA/Reserved.

Didn't get tickets throughout the entire process while other got Chicago shows as a priority 2,3,4.

Clearly something got severely botched with the priority system last lottery, potentially in conjunction with the GA/Res combo selection, which is likely why it no longer exists.

Why would Ticketmaster invest a portion of their billions of operating income in fixing the problem when they can throw their hands up...
    JBob87 said:
    Yea last time I had the 2 Chicago shows as my priority 1 and 2. GA/Reserved.

Didn't get tickets throughout the entire process while other got Chicago shows as a priority 2,3,4.

Clearly something got severely botched with the priority system last lottery, potentially in conjunction with the GA/Res combo selection, which is likely why it no longer exists.

Why would Ticketmaster invest a portion of their billions of operating income in fixing the problem when they can throw their hands up...
    Also TM doesn't care if a few fan club members get mad. If those members stop going, other people will buy the tickets. They are still going to make their money. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited February 16
    Should be easy math though.

But having GA+seated only seated, GA+but maybe seated, "seated but maybe not seated, and who knows maybe GA afterall" options would make it more complex my small mind thinks then just having "Only GA please" and "Only Seated please" like we used to.

And priority can not, based on "fan feedback", be worse than this system.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,987
    JR86440 said:
    Would be nice for Ten club to confirm. Here is dumb response I received from Ticketmaster. I didn't bother responding because obviously they are clueless

Thank you for reaching out!

Be advised, registering to multiple price level options does not guarantee access to the sale. Some fans who register will be randomly selected to get access to the sale and others will be placed on a waitlist. Access does not guarantee tickets, which are subject to availability.

Sincerely,
    Orlando L.
    Ticketstoday Fan Support

[EXTERNAL]

Hello. This is probably a dumb question but when choosing seats here is what I see. If I choose GA or Reserved do I also need to choose Reserved P1 to increase my odds? I would assume if I choose GA or Reserved, if I don't get GA, I automatically go into the Reserved P1 pile. Please confirm if this is the case or if it makes sense to choose GA or Reserved P1 AND Reserved P1.
    They're responding to you as if you're asking about the Verified Fan sale.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas | 2024-08-31 Chicago