Dumb question but why would I choose GA or Reserved AND

JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
Reserved P1? I see people saying check all boxes. I get checking P2 to get you in the door but if I want GA OR Reserved, don't I just check that box and no need to check Reserved P1?

Comments

• Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,341
    edited February 15
    Doesn't seem like you would need to check both boxes, per the stated rules.

But who knows, maybe they will end up doing separate lottery pulls for each category (ie, doubling your odds of reserved tickets if you check both boxes).
    Post edited by Ryan_WFC on
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    It says right there when you're choosing that picking both somehow increases your chances of getting a ticket. So the only conclusion one can draw from that is they are doing two lotteries: One for GA or reserved, and then another one for just reserved, meaning if you pick both you are actually entered into TWO reserved seat lotteries for one show. And that is so ridiculous IMO. There should just be one lottery for the GA and one for reserved. The "GA or reserved" option is nuts.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Wait, so I have to check both options? Why don't they just call them 10c tickets and mix them all in one pot?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited February 15
    So, they went away from the Priority system because "fans found it too complicated to understand" and instead went with this system which no one can explain how it works?

Where is the logic a poor faithful soul asks himself.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I went back and added all three options for my entries. Stupid browser kept giving me that same error from day 1, so I re-did it on my ipad. Hoping that adding those actually does increase chances for MSG.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

edited February 15
    Wait, so I have to check both options? Why don't they just call them 10c tickets and mix them all in one pot?

Yeah you do, for best chances at anything. I would assume they don't just call them 10C tix and use one pot because not everyone can do GA for physical reasons, so there has to be a way to opt out of that possibility. But why they don't just do GA only and reserved (with tiered pricing/location) as the options is completely beyond me. Some have suggested it's a shitty way of filling out the worst seats with 10c members for a premium price... I think they might be right, since I can't think of another reason for doing this.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    For Chicago, the choices are GA and P1 or just P1. I would think choosing the first option would cover you for both scenarios. If I get chosen for the GA or P1 choice and the GA are gone, I will get assigned a P1 ticket. 
    edited February 15
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah you do, for best chances at anything. I would assume they don't just call them 10C tix and use one pot because not everyone can do GA for physical reasons, so there has to be a way to opt out of that possibility. But why they don't just do GA only and reserved (with tiered pricing/location) as the options is completely beyond me. Some have suggested it's a shitty way of filling out the worst seats with 10c members for a premium price... I think they might be right, since I can't think of another reason for doing this.
    With their new dealings with ticketmaster, maybe they didn't get enough GA to even be able to have that option? They even stress how limited the GA section is.

Last tours GA in Europe hasn't really been a problem at all, from what I remember, and very much not "limited". Didn't some european shows stay at 99% chance all the way through the lottery. Now suddenly it is PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT GA IS VERY MUCH LIMITED AND YOU WILL GET A SEAT IS WHAT THIS TEXT IS SAYING DONT BLAME US 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    PJ_Soul said:

With their new dealings with ticketmaster, maybe they didn't get enough GA to even be able to have that option? They stress how limited the GA is.

Last tours GA in Europe hasn't really been a problem from what I remember, and very much not "limited"

I don't know about Europe, but the GA pit in NA is the same size as always and 10C-only, so there are definitely enough GA tix to be able to have that option over here.
    edited February 15
    Weird if the pit in NA is plentiful but STRICTLY LIMITED in Europe, with Europe being GA country an NA (the US) being seated haven traditionally 
    Weird if the pit in NA is plentiful but STRICTLY LIMITED in Europe, with Europe being GA country an NA (the US) being seated haven traditionally 

I assumed that it would work out the about the same numbers. The pits are small in NA. Isn't GA the entire floor in Europe? "Strictly limited" probably means like 1500 people or something, which is what I estimate to be how many people are in the NA pits.
  • PJ_Soul said:

I assumed that it would work out the about the same numbers. The pits are small in NA. Isn't GA the entire floor in Europe? "Strictly limited" probably means like 1500 people or something, which is what I estimate to be how many people are in the NA pits.
    Yeah, I guess that is resonable. Yeah, full floor.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Well, in NA, the back of the floor is reserved but nobody will sit there anyways, so it is like GA with chairs.
  • HenriettaLowellHenriettaLowell Cologne, Germany Posts: 125
    JR86440 said:
    Reserved P1? I see people saying check all boxes. I get checking P2 to get you in the door but if I want GA OR Reserved, don't I just check that box and no need to check Reserved P1?
    Thank you, I thought the exact same thing. Then saw people here mentioning how they followed that advice and thought it must be me…