Options

Prince explosion

Hey all, as probably everyone here I have Dark Matter on heavy rotation and can't wait to see wheather I get some tix to a show. Still I must admit I am disappointed by the heavy price increase since the last tour. I hope someone can enlighten me what happend (and yes I know about supply chain issues in the current state of politics as well as I am aware that artist suffered badly from the pandemic a.s.o.). I just doesn't fit to my heroic appreciation of PJ to see them charging 175 € for a Single Ticket and would love to keep my view and understanding of the Band. So pls enlighten me.

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,007
    Typo in the title😂I thought it was going to be comparing the song to prince 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,970
    Celebrity gif Prince dances onstage licking his finger and then smoothing back his curly hair
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    I'm disappointed in the price explosion of everything the last 3-4 years. The economy has been very, very tough on a lot of people. Concerts are a luxury, but food, housing, clothing, insurance, etc. aren't. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248

=) 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ScreamHello_33ScreamHello_33 Orlando, FL Posts: 57
    Prince Harry flying high now

He's prepared....
  • Options
    know1 said:
    I'm disappointed in the price explosion of everything the last 3-4 years. The economy has been very, very tough on a lot of people. Concerts are a luxury, but food, housing, clothing, insurance, etc. aren't. 
    Yeah, it's pretty tough for rock stars-album sales aren't what they used to be, so they have to charge ridiculous amounts for concert tickets.
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    muetzel77 said:
    Hey all, as probably everyone here I have Dark Matter on heavy rotation and can't wait to see wheather I get some tix to a show. Still I must admit I am disappointed by the heavy price increase since the last tour. I hope someone can enlighten me what happend (and yes I know about supply chain issues in the current state of politics as well as I am aware that artist suffered badly from the pandemic a.s.o.). I just doesn't fit to my heroic appreciation of PJ to see them charging 175 € for a Single Ticket and would love to keep my view and understanding of the Band. So pls enlighten me.
    It has zero to do with the artists or the band members.  This is a billion dollar industry, with billion dollar corporations involved, with shareholders, and maximizing revenue/profits is all that matters.  What other industry/company doesn't sell their product/service at the maximum price they can charge, to maximize profits?
  • Options
    dmbolp said:
    muetzel77 said:
    It has zero to do with the artists or the band members.  This is a billion dollar industry, with billion dollar corporations involved, with shareholders, and maximizing revenue/profits is all that matters.  What other industry/company doesn't sell their product/service at the maximum price they can charge, to maximize profits?
    While it is a billion dollar industry-the band would have had a say in these prices and could have changed things. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,653
    People want cheap streaming services, people got cheap streaming services. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,761
    Coincidentally, Prince pioneered the notion that artists should consider scalping their own tickets if the prices on aftermarket sites are so ridiculous.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    know1 said:
    Yeah, it's pretty tough for rock stars-album sales aren't what they used to be, so they have to charge ridiculous amounts for concert tickets.
    I'm saying it's just one more thing that's gone through the roof. There are tons of other now really expensive things to complain about before ticket prices.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    I'm just here for the Prince gifs. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,230
    I think people who make these posts don't go to a lot of concerts :)  Ticket prices have been going up for decades, but they exploded after Covid.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Dave Chappelle GIF - Find  Share on GIPHY
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,070
    edited February 14
    umm pretty sure lyrics say... "And it stuck in my head...LISTEN TO PRINCE!"  
    Post edited by bobasfeet on
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,070
    edited February 14
    DUPLICATE POST SORRY
    Post edited by bobasfeet on
  • Options
    JF116983JF116983 Posts: 173
    edited February 14
    WHat are prices now 200?
    Post edited by JF116983 on
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,513
    Here I thought we’d be discussing Rigatoni and Spaghetti.
  • Options
    I get that prices have increased but if AC/DC are charging £130 a ticket, why are Pearl Jam charging considerably more? £160 is an insane amount of money for a show. 

My daughter has been begging me to take her to a PJ show for her first proper concert. If it wasn't for her I'd me missing my first European shows since 2006. 
    Leeds 06
    Wembley 07
    Shepherds Bush
    Manchester
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    edited February 14
    I stopped going to major concerts on the level of Pearl Jam (including pearl jam) for the past 5 or so years.

So much good music at smaller venues.  Enjoyable and a better night out with friends.  I can also go to a show like Primus and it seems cheap.  I can get a VIP ticket for early entry, signed posters, meet and greet/q&a for cheaper than a ticket for a major show.  
    I saw Lespecial last week for like $20.  

*they can charge whatever they want.  That's fine.  Just stating that I am priced out at this point having gone to about 30 shows in the past and have got my kicks.  If they played in my home city, I would probably attend and take my son so we can share that.  Other than that, I am out.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    I get that prices have increased but if AC/DC are charging £130 a ticket, why are Pearl Jam charging considerably more? £160 is an insane amount of money for a show. 

My daughter has been begging me to take her to a PJ show for her first proper concert. If it wasn't for her I'd me missing my first European shows since 2006. 
    I think you answered your own question here and brought up a new one, which is why are their tickets only £30 more than ac/dc. 
  • Options

• Options
    Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 535
    edited February 14
    This is when Prince found out that Pearl Jam are charging almost €180 for a ticket.

Post edited by Philip_Ireland on
  • Options

• Options
    Hoagie BreathHoagie Breath Philly Yo Posts: 107

LMFAO !!!!
    '92 Philly 04.10
    '94 Boston 04.10 
    '95 DC 01.15 
    '96 Columbia 09.24, NYC 09.29, Hartford 10.02
    '98 DC 06.14, Camden 08.28, Camden 08.29, E. Rutherford 09.08, NYC 09.10, NYC 09.11, Hartford 09.13, Columbia 09.18
    '00 Camden 09.01, Camden 09.02, Columbia 09.04
    '03 Philly 04.23, Camden 07.05, Camden 07.06, NYC 07.09, Hershey 07.12, Holmdel 07.14
    '04 Reading 10.01, DC 10.11
    '05 AC 09.30, AC 10.01, Philly 10.03, Chicago 10.05
    '06 NYC 05.05, Camden 05.27, Camden 05.28, DC 05.30, E. Rutherford 06.03
    '08 Camden 06.19, Camden 06.20, DC 06.22, NYC 06.24, NYC 06.25
    '09 Philly 10.27, Philly 10.28, Philly 10.30, Philly 10.31
    '10 Hartford 05.15, Newark 05.18, NYC 05.20, NYC 05.21
    '12 Philly 09.02
    '13 Philly 10.21, Philly 10.22
    '16 Philly 04.28, Philly 04.29
    '18 Boston 09.02
    '21 Asbury Park 09.18
    '22 Camden 09.14

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,970
    It was great seeing them cover Purple Rain in St. Paul last year! 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920

• Options