For What Shows Are You Submitting a 10C Entry?

14567810»

Comments

• lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    kosteva2 said:
    lahren said:
    I need some help deciding! I've always wanted to see a Wrigley show and I'm a 6 hour drive away. But I'm also thinking Sacramento as I have a place to stay with friends but will have to fly. I cannot afford to go to both. For those attending previous Wrigley shows, would it be a no brainer to try for Wrigley? Is is hard to find a good place, not too expensive, nearby to stay? I've only been to Chicago a couple times and not sure what I'll be getting into. I need some advice from more travelled Pearl Jam members out there! Suggestions are welcome! Thank you!
    No opinion on the Sacramento show but can tell you that you will not be disappointed at the Wrigley shows.  The sound quality isnt the greatest but the overall experience is elite.  Eddie in his happy place equates to an amazing set and performance.  The preparty around the ballpark is second to none.  I've always just gotten a hotel downtown and its a short ride on the Red Line to the park.  Either choice will work out but I give my vote to Wrigley. 
    Thanks for the recommendation! The more I think it over, Wrigley sounds like the choice. Do you have any suggestions for hotels? 
    I would target anything down in the main loop area where there is a (Red Line) stop. There are plenty of choices at all price levels.  

Reasonable:
    Hilton Garden Inn Mag Mile
    Marriott Mag Mile
    Hyatt Centric Mag MIle
    DoubleTree Mag Mile
    Palmer House - very old but very cool, small rooms

Higher End:
    Sofitel 
    Omni
    W

I'll add Congress Plaza to the mix.  Right on Michigan Ave across from Grant Park.  Older hotel but good enough.  Less $ than a lot of the other downtown/loop options.  Easy access to trains.
    I'll add that to my list! I just want a comfortable place to sleep and no need to spend too much on a room I'll only be sleeping in. I want to spend my time exploring the city! Great recommendation. Thanks!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,168
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    Seattle x2
    Philly x2
    Baltimore
    We can hopefully meet in person, D! :smile:

Seattle x2
    Dublin
    Manchester
    London

See you in Seattle.
  • PapPap Posts: 28,751
    edited February 23
    demetrios said:
    Pap said:
    demetrios said:
    Seattle x2
    Philly x2
    Baltimore
    We can hopefully meet in person, D! :smile:

Seattle x2
    Dublin
    Manchester
    London

See you in Seattle.
    Congrats, D! :clap:

I managed to score a single ticket for Seattle N1 :joy: We should definitely try to meet up while we're there :wink:
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024