Options

Anyone own or ever owned a SAAB?

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,060
edited February 14 in All Encompassing Trip
Have you? Do you?

Watched a video about the last ~450 SAAB cars ever made, which were pretty much handcrafted at the SAAB plant (in my hometown) in 2014 and which you had to physically pick up at the plant, before the company completely went bankrupt. Made me think of SAAB a bit. I remember all schoolkids in my town got SAAB branded ice cream the day they revealed the 900 revamp in the mid 90s. 

This movie won the International film Oscar in 2022:

Paul Giamatti also drives a red 900 in the film Sideways:

Eddie Vedder drives a 900 in the film State of Play:

A late era 9-5 goes belly up in the film Tenet:

Seinfeld drives the second gen 900:

Jack and Helen Hunt also drives a second gen 900 - the cab version:

Have you owned and driven a SAAB?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    :lol:

My grandparents had a slaab 900 back in the day.
    Nice rig.
    For Swedish rigs, I prefer the Volvo XV90.  Almost bought one 2 years ago but went Korean (Genesis) instead.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    doesnt Seinfeld have one
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited February 14
    make sure you have a local mechanic that specializes in maintaining them.  I think in the US, you need to be a college professor in order to drive one.  State law.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,060
    edited February 14
    CROJAM95 said:
    doesnt Seinfeld have one
    How could I forget!

JERRY: Vandelay. Wait a second. Mr. Pennypacker, if you're here, and Mr. Vandelay is also here, then who's watching the factory?
    KRAMER: The factory?
    JERRY: The Saab factory?
    KRAMER: Jerry, that's in Sweden.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    No but I had huge crush on a guy I used to work with, and he drove one. Thought it was so cool.  Live and learn.

I did hear they were very expensive to maintain.  
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,574
    Nope. Just got a 2 door 2024  jeep wrangler Sport to update the winter beater that left me stranded three times this winter. It's my first leased vehicle. I'm gonna budget to drive a new leased car forever I think. Biggest gas guzzler I ever owned. Plays YouTube/Netflix in the front huge display, illegally.

Still own the collector, numbered Spider 124 with 30K on it with Bose speakers in the heated leather seats. I ride that thing top-down year round with the excellent windbreaker when I need some outside sunshine.
  • Options
    Spunkie said:

Still own the collector, numbered Spider 124 with 30K on it with Bose speakers in the heated leather seats. I ride that thing top-down year round with the excellent windbreaker when I need some outside sunshine.
    Come on now. SAAB had you covered:

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I learned to drive stick on my Dad's 9000 circa 1991. Loved that car.