Options

Ohana Fest returns September 27th - 29th 2024

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,680
    EMizner said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    So, now that I am going, with a friend joining for the last night, what should we expect?  Does Ed or more join with Neil on Saturday or/and does Neil join PJ for RITFW on Sunday?
    If Neil joins PJ it’ll be Friday night since he has his own show on Sunday night
    Good point.  I wonder what is most likely...1) Neil joins PJ on Friday, 2) PJ (in some fashion) joins Neil on Saturday, or 3) Both.   
    Neil joins PJ on Friday, Ed does Harvest Moon with Neil on Saturday with a couple of the women artists. 
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,547
    Got my 3 day pass. You folks in here convinced me and the lure is always seeing PJ in different places and venues. Wander around and discover bands I’ve never seen before plus Neil and Crazy Horse. I’m going to soak it in. Who knows how many more tours he has left and just read the Rolling Stone review on his first show back with CH last night and sounds awesome. 
    yeah Neil Young and Idles did it for me....of course PJ but it's hard to pass up Uncle Neil. Really hoping for the guys to join him Saturday night...I'm going to say it's about a 90% chance they will.
    I was kind of thinking the other way around. Neil joining PJ Friday night for a couple Mirrorball songs and RITFW. I will take both! 
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 824
    Regarding set length, I track by songs vs. time.  If they belted out 25 songs in 2 hours I'd prefer that to 24 songs in 2.5 hours for example.

With their new shorter length shows, the difference between festival sets and normal sets is pretty negligible. 

In fact, the 3rd Ohana show in 2021 actually had more songs than all three SoCal shows in 2022.

2021 Ohana's - 20, 22, 26 (counted Not For You/Modern Girl as 2)
    2022 SoCal's - 23, 22, 24
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 824
    EMizner said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    So, now that I am going, with a friend joining for the last night, what should we expect?  Does Ed or more join with Neil on Saturday or/and does Neil join PJ for RITFW on Sunday?
    If Neil joins PJ it’ll be Friday night since he has his own show on Sunday night
    Good point.  I wonder what is most likely...1) Neil joins PJ on Friday, 2) PJ (in some fashion) joins Neil on Saturday, or 3) Both.   
    Neil joins PJ on Friday, Ed does Harvest Moon with Neil on Saturday with a couple of the women artists. 
    You're probably right.  This way the rest of the guys can take Saturday night off.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    EMiznerEMizner Posts: 94
    EMizner said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    I’m hoping for option 3
    Pearl Jam
    Minneapolis, MN - June 30, 1998
    St. Paul, MN - June 16, 2003
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 3, 2011
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 4, 2011
    St. Paul, MN - August 31, 2023
    St. Paul, MN - September 2, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 18, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 19, 2023
    Las Vegas, NV - May 16, 2024
    Las Vegas, NV - May 18, 2024

Eddie Vedder
    Las Vegas, NV - October 7, 2022
    Innings Festival - Tempe, AZ - February 26, 2023
    Ohana Festival - Dana Point, CA - September 30, 2023
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    Looks no additional VIP - still waitlist/unavailable

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    Gen Admin tickets secured. I can only attend on Friday so I'm ecstatic! See ya'll at Ohana!
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,296
    WTF is with $45.50 shipping fees to Canada.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    GA 3 day pass now waitlist though sure some still in carts

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    WHO are these people? All VIP tickets are now unavailable less than 10 mins into the presale! 

• Options
    WHO are these people? All VIP tickets are now unavailable less than 10 mins into the presale! 

pretty sure was sold out already from the 10c sale

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

• Options

The amount of wealth in Southern California is pretty staggering. 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,420
    VIP such a waste.. it's for spoiled people who won't use a porta potty (of which there are plenty at fest) and don't like to wait in line for food. 
    That's the big benefit. Alot of VIP go into main stage cause they want to get closer... so if that's how people want to spend$$good for them. I've been to every  Ohana and never was jealous of VIP
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,190
    Those Ultimate VIP were sold out last night when I looked.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1,
  • Options

There is part of me who would just love to do this, if I had unlimited funds, but the math doesn't math for a beach towel and an Eddie autograph and a bit better access. Last year I figured even adding my own food and merch, since there are credits on that, and staying at the hotel with this package I saved more than 5 grand.

This year I did take one of the hotel packages since I had already booked a hotel and the price of the package was $200 more and I got the tickets and a few more perks. 
  • Options
    This will be my 4th Ohana, or 5th... and I never wanted the VIP experience. I like the freedom of Gen Admission... it's more fun.

• Options
    LBCeddieLBCeddie Posts: 104
    VIP such a waste.. it's for spoiled people who won't use a porta potty (of which there are plenty at fest) and don't like to wait in line for food. 
    That's the big benefit. Alot of VIP go into main stage cause they want to get closer... so if that's how people want to spend$$good for them. I've been to every  Ohana and never was jealous of VIP
    hahaha
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,946
    We’ve booked an AirBnB in Laguna Beach. I’m sure it’ll be a mission getting back to it each night, but at least we’ve got a bed sorted and if there’s a 10pm curfew there should be time to work it out. The reviews go on about how great a location it is, but sounds like the sea air has given the building a bit of a kickin over the years. Gonna be an adventure for sure.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 205
    edited April 25
    Spags said:
    We’ve booked an AirBnB in Laguna Beach. I’m sure it’ll be a mission getting back to it each night, but at least we’ve got a bed sorted and if there’s a 10pm curfew there should be time to work it out. The reviews go on about how great a location it is, but sounds like the sea air has given the building a bit of a kickin over the years. Gonna be an adventure for sure.
    We're up in Newport.  It won't be that bad - the worst will be waiting on a shuttle back to your car if you go that route. The drive is pretty calm - lots of stop and go through small towns.
  • Options
    njhaley1 said:
    Spags said:
    We're up in Newport.  It won't be that bad - the worst will be waiting on a shuttle back to your car if you go that route. The drive is pretty calm - lots of stop and go through small towns.
    We’ve not got a car, coming over from the UK, so sounds like we get a shuttle as close as possible then an Uber? 
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags said:
    njhaley1 said:
    Spags said:
    We’ve not got a car, coming over from the UK, so sounds like we get a shuttle as close as possible then an Uber? 
    There will likely be only one shuttle, and you can get an uber from either the venue gate or the shuttle drop-off.  How many will be with you?  Want a ride back to your place?  My kid and I will be there Friday and Saturday.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,294

The amount of wealth in Southern California is pretty staggering. 

Yep. The people buying the "Ultimate VIP" passes are the same ones who book Stevie Nicks to play at their birthday party (yes, I know someone who did this).

There are ~3.4M people living in San Diego County, ~3.1M in Orange County, 9.7M in LA County, plus Ventura County, etc. There are some 20M people in SoCal, including dozens of billionaires.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options

I agree that VIP is not a good value at all. And there definitely are lines for food in VIP! That said, it's something my husband -- wearing jeans that he bought the year "Vitalogy" came out -- likes to splurge on, so we do it. "Is it worth it?" -- Dollar for dollar, no.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Spags said:
    njhaley1 said:
    Spags said:

No -- you either get an Uber to the shuttle bus site, or -- since you're already in an Uber -- you take the Uber to the venue. Your challenge will be getting an Uber when you want to leave the venue. There is (or has been) only  *one* location to pick up the shuttle. If you're already relying on rideshare, I'd skip the shuttle bus and be prepared to walk a kilometer or two up the street after the festival to get an Uber back to Laguna Beach.
  • Options
    njhaley1 said:
    Spags said:
    njhaley1 said:
    Spags said:
    There will likely be only one shuttle, and you can get an uber from either the venue gate or the shuttle drop-off.  How many will be with you?  Want a ride back to your place?  My kid and I will be there Friday and Saturday.
    That’s kind. Just me and the missus, but I expect by kicking out time we’ll not be fit for general consumption. We’re doing all 3 days so I’m sure we’ll suss it out eventually.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    njhaley1 said:
    My mother is currently very ill and I'm not sure if she will be better in September.  If I bought a 3-day GA ticket, would it be easy to sell if I had to stay near home?
    My mom is early-mid Alzheimer's, OK on her own but could find herself lost at the grocery store any day. I bought ticket insurance, it was ~$50. I wouldn't normally, but even the small risk is worth protecting $1000 in tickets. 
    Has anyone ever camped for this festival?  That sounds like a lot of fun.

No chance. This is coastal California, not the Gorge. Dana Point has an interesting history, worth reading up on for an idea of what it's like. Search for "killer Dana." 

Thanks for the info.  I had wondered if ticket insurance would refund if it was a family member who was sick.

I was originally thinking of pitching a tent at Doheny Beach campground - I had always wanted to camp on or near a beach.   But it looks like there are no sites available anyhow.   I haven't searched "killer Dana" yet - it sounds like camping is not a good idea, especially being a single female??   I just find it hard to spend $1,000+ just to have a place to lay my head. 🤔.  

So I will probably think about it so long that all tickets will be gone 😁 

And I haven't been to a PJ show since 2016, so I had no idea the sets were getting shorter -  I forget we are all getting a bit older- do you think their setlists will be different on the 2 nights?
    ...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.
  • Options
    Is anyone looking for a roommate for the 3 days (3 or 4 nights)?    Single 50-ish female flying in from the Cleveland area wants to know 
    ...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.
  • Options
    edited April 27
    njhaley1 said:
    My mother is currently very ill and I'm not sure if she will be better in September.  If I bought a 3-day GA ticket, would it be easy to sell if I had to stay near home?
    My mom is early-mid Alzheimer's, OK on her own but could find herself lost at the grocery store any day. I bought ticket insurance, it was ~$50. I wouldn't normally, but even the small risk is worth protecting $1000 in tickets. 

No chance. This is coastal California, not the Gorge. Dana Point has an interesting history, worth reading up on for an idea of what it's like. Search for "killer Dana." 

Thanks for the info.  I had wondered if ticket insurance would refund if it was a family member who was sick.

I was originally thinking of pitching a tent at Doheny Beach campground - I had always wanted to camp on or near a beach.   But it looks like there are no sites available anyhow.   I haven't searched "killer Dana" yet - it sounds like camping is not a good idea, especially being a single female??   I just find it hard to spend $1,000+ just to have a place to lay my head. 🤔.  

And I haven't been to a PJ show since 2016, so I had no idea the sets were getting shorter -  I forget we are all getting a bit older- do you think their setlists will be different on the 2 nights?
    Killer Dana was a wave, not a person. And killer in this context meant "awesome." 

It's kind of a sad story, almost makes you wonder why Eddie chose Dana Point for a venue. 

https://www.surfline.com/surf-news/killer-dana/90550
    Post edited by njhaley1 on
  • Options
    It’s where he caught his first wave. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,121
    edited April 28
    njhaley1 said:
    njhaley1 said:

Killer Dana was a wave, not a person. And killer in this context meant "awesome." 

It's kind of a sad story, almost makes you wonder why Eddie chose Dana Point for a venue. 

https://www.surfline.com/surf-news/killer-dana/90550
    Lol. i thought you were referencing one of all the US 70-80s serial killers

THE CALIFORNIA BEACH STALKER
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"