Options

Ohana Fest returns September 27th - 29th 2024

Comments

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,332
    Anyone know the pricing?

I got three-day VIP passes -- about $1589US, including fees.
    I mean the pricing for standard 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,563
    Anyone know the pricing?
    ~$540 for the 3 day general admission,  $200 for individual day.
  • Options
    illini1022illini1022 California Posts: 12
    Anyone know the pricing?
    $196.00 per day for single days
    $530.00 for three days
    $624.00 per day for single VIP
    $1,589.00 for three day VIP
    $10,255.00 for ultimate three day VIP. 
    2006: Chicago Night 1
    2018: Wrigley Night 2
    2022: LA Night 1
    2022: Ohana Fest
    2023: Ohana Fest

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,332
    Thanks 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,317
    How easy is it to get there and be in the area without a car? Are there good buses/trains etc?
    Unfortunately, functional public transportation is not really a thing in SoCal, especially in Orange County. There are not good buses or trains. If you don't want a car, the beach towns themselves are walkable enough for your trip - Dana Point, San Clemente, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach and then you can refer to my uber/shuttle advice a few posts before yours to get to and from the fest. 

Edit: I'll make one caveat - pending any more landslides, the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner is fully functional once again. The San Clemente stop would be closest to Dana Point, 15 minute drive/uber up the PCH. You can make it there from as far north as Santa Barbara to as far south as San Diego. Times are limited though - a good option to get there, probably not a great option to get back. 

To add on here, if you've never been to the US/California before, Orange County is basically all "suburban sprawl." It's pretty densely populated but not built for pedestrians. If you're willing to spend for a hotel within walking distance, you'll be able to walk to restaurants, etc. But staying in a nearby town or up by the airport will mean using Lyft or Uber to get to the venue. If we knew for certain where the festival shuttles will be located, I'd suggest getting a hotel within walking distance of the shuttles, but they've used at least three different locations over the years so it's hard to plan ahead with shuttle buses in mind.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    LizosaurusRexLizosaurusRex Bend, OR Posts: 41
    Jumped on a 3-day VIP pass. Also going solo. Woo! Such an interesting lineup. Hopefully the weather is better than last year!!
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    intodeep said:
    For those that have been are there any hotels that run shuttles to the show? Seems unlikely but i thought I'd ask. 

No -- the festival runs shuttles, but not hotels.
    Thanks.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 862
    Why are there shipping fees?  Do they mail the wrist bands and tickets?

Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    mikesbri said:

It was like $10. Kind of dumb with the cost and fees but not terrible I guess.
  • Options
    mikesbri said:

Yes
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 219
    mikesbri said:

Just wrist bands.  If you wait until last minute to buy, pricing goes up but you can get them at will-call. 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,702
    mikesbri said:

They send the wristbands out in the mail
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 862
    It was about $45USD to ship to Toronto
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    For those who have traveled aways for this before,  did you think it was worth it?  I was excited about it but now am on the fence...
  • Options
    For those who have traveled aways for this before,  did you think it was worth it?  I was excited about it but now am on the fence...
    Absolutely. This will be my third one, second with Pearl Jam. One of my favorite music experiences ever.

I have seen Pearl Jam 20 times and all over the place, including things like the home and road shows, and seeing them twice at Ohana Encore were about my favorite PJ experiences ever.

The area is great, the venue is great, the vibe is great. This lineup rocks. You won't regret it. 
  • Options
    No doubt about it. Granted, I’m only an hour plus flight from Salt Lake, but the whole weekend is a vibe.
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 485
    totally worth it, provided you are excited about the lineup. My wife and I have traveled to Ohana 3 times so far, but unfortunately can't make it this year. We went to the Ohana Encore when PJ played and it was phenomenal. The vendors are a tad bit spendy, but I don't think that's any different than any concert/festival. 
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,864
    Yes, it's worth it. My buddy and traveled across the country for weekend one in '21. We're returning again for this year's lineup. It's one of the best festivals I've attended. A top selling point IMO are the laid back vibes and seeing an Eddie-curated lineup next to the beach. Highly recommended. 
  • Options
    The draw is of course PJ and Neil.  I haven't seen Glen so that would be cool or any of the other bands. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,780
    Apart from figuring out affordable lodging & getting back each night, probably one of my favorite trips to see the band play back in 2021. The environment is pretty great, small enough not to feel too claustrophobic, and the earlier acts have been a nice surprise. Guessing with this lineup it may be a little tough to grab a close spot later in the day, but the bleachers and grass areas have great sightlines from most areas. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,015
    Jumped on a 3-day VIP pass. Also going solo. Woo! Such an interesting lineup. Hopefully the weather is better than last year!!
    Me too!! I have never been so decided to make the splurge. See you there!

• Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 931
    Iv'e been to everyone of them. Have driven and parked, then walked. Have camped my motor home in the campground a few times. Have stayed in hotels and the last couple Airbnb. All of them we walked. Everything is relatively close if you are able to walk a mile or so. I also know they have shuttles from some of the further away hotels. But its literally on the coast. So everything is right there. Don't feel intimidated if your from out of town. Its easy!!!
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 219
    DEGBTI said:
    Iv'e been to everyone of them. Have driven and parked, then walked. Have camped my motor home in the campground a few times. Have stayed in hotels and the last couple Airbnb. All of them we walked. Everything is relatively close if you are able to walk a mile or so. I also know they have shuttles from some of the further away hotels. But its literally on the coast. So everything is right there. Don't feel intimidated if your from out of town. Its easy!!!
    Where's a good place to park?  I've been to Dana Point for Ohana (parked at high school and shuttled), and during the offseason, but am not certain what to expect with off-site parking and what might be available.  I'd prefer that, although the hill out is a bit of a climb!
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,317
    Yes! We’ve gone when we’ve lived locally and we’ve also flown in from the other side of the country, etc. 

To be clear, while we generally get VIP tickets, those aren’t such a good value. GA is a good value, the setting is great; we’ve found new acts to follow that we otherwise wouldn’t have been aware of. We wouldn’t plan to go every year, regardless of where we live, if we didn’t think it was worth the trip. 😁
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    EMiznerEMizner Posts: 94
    This is my second year going. Flying in from Minnesota. Very worth it.
    Pearl Jam
    Minneapolis, MN - June 30, 1998
    St. Paul, MN - June 16, 2003
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 3, 2011
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 4, 2011
    St. Paul, MN - August 31, 2023
    St. Paul, MN - September 2, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 18, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 19, 2023
    Las Vegas, NV - May 16, 2024
    Las Vegas, NV - May 18, 2024

Eddie Vedder
    Las Vegas, NV - October 7, 2022
    Innings Festival - Tempe, AZ - February 26, 2023
    Ohana Festival - Dana Point, CA - September 30, 2023
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,452
    intodeep said:
    For those that have been are there any hotels that run shuttles to the show? Seems unlikely but i thought I'd ask. 
    No
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    looks like weekend VIP already gone

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    critteraucritterau Posts: 200
    Are you able to transfer wrist bands? I know it will sell out but can’t pull the trigger yet. How likely is it to get tickets a few months out on resale market based on previous years? Enough availability?
    Bham 9/3/98
    Atl 8/7/00, Houston 10/14/00
    Bham 4/9/03, Nash 4/18/03, Atl 4/19/03, Boston 7/11/03, Hershey 7/12/03
    Orlando 10/8/04
    Camden 5/27, 5/28/06
    PJ20 9/3 & 9/4/11
    Missoula 9/30/12
    Wrigley 7/19/13
    Charlotte 10/30/13, SD 11/21/13, LA 2 11/24/13
  • Options
    Is it a much different experience between VIP and general admission? I'm assuming your mileage may vary depending on what you value. Just wondering if I should try to get a VIP ticket for one day if it's really worth it. Thx!
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,452
    Is it a much different experience between VIP and general admission? I'm assuming your mileage may vary depending on what you value. Just wondering if I should try to get a VIP ticket for one day if it's really worth it. Thx!
    If you ask me, no. Lots of VIP folks go into the main area..
    I think it's a waste