Ohana Fest returns September 27th - 29th 2024

Comments

• PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    Anyone have experience with the GA bleachers? This will be our 5th or 6th Ohana and we've always crammed up close or stood on the road behind the lawn. Since it's usually just my husband and I, it can be difficult to find each other again when one person stays to hold the spot and the other one goes all the way over to the porta-potties. Wondering if it's worth posting up in the bleachers so we have somewhere to reconvene when one of us takes off for a bit. We usually come in later in the day and listen to the first few bands from the beach so by the time we get in, it's already fairly crowded (not that it's ever too crazy!)

We like to stand and rock out so if the bleachers have people sitting in them during PJ, that definitely won't be our spot. If everyone's on their feet (or won't yell at us for being on ours) we might check it out. Also, I'm short so no matter where we are, I can't usually see unless I bob around a lot so I'm thinking the bleachers might give us a better view of the stage, albeit further away.

Anyway, interested in hearing people's experiences back there!
    Last time I went, my friends and I were rocking out in the bleachers and we loved it. We were able to clearly see the stage from that view, I don’t recall anyone sitting (everyone near us were standing and singing along to every song), and if someone had to take off for a bathroom trip or a cold beer, it was pretty easy to find your way back. 
  • Spags said:
    I’m not gonna lie, I’m a bit worried my wristband isn’t gonna arrive before I leave for LA.
    Mine arrived today 
  • Anyone have experience with the GA bleachers? This will be our 5th or 6th Ohana and we've always crammed up close or stood on the road behind the lawn. Since it's usually just my husband and I, it can be difficult to find each other again when one person stays to hold the spot and the other one goes all the way over to the porta-potties. Wondering if it's worth posting up in the bleachers so we have somewhere to reconvene when one of us takes off for a bit. We usually come in later in the day and listen to the first few bands from the beach so by the time we get in, it's already fairly crowded (not that it's ever too crazy!)

We like to stand and rock out so if the bleachers have people sitting in them during PJ, that definitely won't be our spot. If everyone's on their feet (or won't yell at us for being on ours) we might check it out. Also, I'm short so no matter where we are, I can't usually see unless I bob around a lot so I'm thinking the bleachers might give us a better view of the stage, albeit further away.

The bleachers are worth it for the ocean view alone
  • SpagsSpags Posts: 3,017
    Spags said:
    I’m not gonna lie, I’m a bit worried my wristband isn’t gonna arrive before I leave for LA.
    Mine arrived today 
    Oooh cool! I'm in the UK so keeping my fingers crossed they didn't send them out snail mail...
    Nature drunk and High
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 828
    As someone who is completely and totally ignorant of their music, can someone in the know provide a top 5 or top 10 essential Idles songs to cram into my head before the show?
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,098
    Do Ohana tickets drop below face on the ticket exchange?  
    Are there ever “tickets on the ground” people are selling at the gates prior to entering?

Wondering if it’s worthwhile to wait it out and get in for below face value.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
    Ryan said:
    Do Ohana tickets drop below face on the ticket exchange?  
    Are there ever “tickets on the ground” people are selling at the gates prior to entering?

Wondering if it’s worthwhile to wait it out and get in for below face value.
    At Ohana encore a few years ago, people were giving away passes at the door. Can't promise that, but there is a healthy market in buying/selling at the gates.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,740
    I've been to 2 events in my life where tickets didn't completely tank the day of or day before.  I know people stress about waiting but it's a great way to save a lot of money.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,098
    Thank you for the input.  Just wasn’t sure about the ticket exchange and shipping wristbands.  I may just wait and see what’s at the gate each day.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,138
    Anyone have experience with the GA bleachers? This will be our 5th or 6th Ohana and we've always crammed up close or stood on the road behind the lawn. Since it's usually just my husband and I, it can be difficult to find each other again when one person stays to hold the spot and the other one goes all the way over to the porta-potties. Wondering if it's worth posting up in the bleachers so we have somewhere to reconvene when one of us takes off for a bit. We usually come in later in the day and listen to the first few bands from the beach so by the time we get in, it's already fairly crowded (not that it's ever too crazy!)

Go early, get a spot on the last row, it avoids any drunk bozos behind you. Its nice and sounds great, the only time it was challenging was say 2018 and 2019 when it was EV solo acoustic and you'd get someone who was chatty the whole time, you'd have to move to get some peace but at least PJ is loud enough.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 240
    PRL1JAM said:

Last time I went, my friends and I were rocking out in the bleachers and we loved it. We were able to clearly see the stage from that view, I don’t recall anyone sitting (everyone near us were standing and singing along to every song), and if someone had to take off for a bathroom trip or a cold beer, it was pretty easy to find your way back. 
    This is just the response I was looking for, thank you! We'll probably hit the bleachers Friday and see how it goes!

The bleachers are worth it for the ocean view alone
    Right on, thank you for answering my question!
    PSUS2H said:

Go early, get a spot on the last row, it avoids any drunk bozos behind you. Its nice and sounds great, the only time it was challenging was say 2018 and 2019 when it was EV solo acoustic and you'd get someone who was chatty the whole time, you'd have to move to get some peace but at least PJ is loud enough.
    Ok, cool. The drunk bozos partially ruined Missoula for us this year, but we persevered and still had fun. Will check things out from the top, easier to find each other again too! Thanks for the beta!
    PSUS2H said:

Ok, cool. The drunk bozos partially ruined Missoula for us this year, but we persevered and still had fun. Will check things out from the top, easier to find each other again too! Thanks for the beta!
    Same for me at Wrigley. I upgraded to Pit tix about an hour before the show, found a great spot centered up and two 6' 4" drunk guys pushed in front of us and were jumping around like it was a mosh pit. We moved about six songs in and found spot that was an absolute blast. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
    PSUS2H said:
    PSUS2H said:

Same for me at Wrigley. I upgraded to Pit tix about an hour before the show, found a great spot centered up and two 6' 4" drunk guys pushed in front of us and were jumping around like it was a mosh pit. We moved about six songs in and found spot that was an absolute blast. 
    Ugh, why can't people just slightly behave in the pit? 😂 I'm not looking for much, just for people to not push in front of you once the music starts and not talk loudly through the whole show. Generally I've had a blast in the pit but we definitely got in the wrong spot in Missoula and by the time we figured our shit out, the show was almost over. Still fun, just very distracting and annoying!

Glad you were able to quickly rectify Wrigley!
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,319
    My agent informed me yesterday that my wristband has arrived.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    PSUS2H said:
    PSUS2H said:

Ugh, why can't people just slightly behave in the pit? 😂 I'm not looking for much, just for people to not push in front of you once the music starts and not talk loudly through the whole show. Generally I've had a blast in the pit but we definitely got in the wrong spot in Missoula and by the time we figured our shit out, the show was almost over. Still fun, just very distracting and annoying!

Glad you were able to quickly rectify Wrigley!
    You have two primary groups there, PJ Super fans and very bold drunk people who have zero self-awareness. These dudes were chatting the whole time as well. I grabbed my buddy and found a spot stage left that was way more enjoyable and met a dude named Link from Canada. 
  • Air23Air23 Posts: 1,361
    Is the pass Digital?
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,319
    Air23 said:
    Is the pass Digital?
    You get a wristband.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    kaw753 said:
    As someone who is completely and totally ignorant of their music, can someone in the know provide a top 5 or top 10 essential Idles songs to cram into my head before the show?

A Hymn
    Never Fight A Man With A Perm
    Danny Nedelko
    Gift Horse
    Dancer
    POP POP POP
    War
    Grounds

Those should give you a good starting place.

Nature drunk and High
    Oh and Television. LOVE YOUR SELF!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Is it impossible to get a sunday ticket?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 599
    Is it impossible to get a sunday ticket?
    There will be resellers on site, I wouldn't stress.  People drop the last show on a 3-day pass all the time, and there will be people trolling the crowds after each show buying bands and then reselling them the next night.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    I can't believe there are rooms available at the Marriott next to the festival grounds. $640/night though. About $1000 more for three nights then I currently have booked in San Clemente but being able to walk to the festival is tempting.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    I can't believe there are rooms available at the Marriott next to the festival grounds. $640/night though. About $1000 more for three nights then I currently have booked in San Clemente but being able to walk to the festival is tempting.
    Back in 2019 that hotel was around $200 a night. The changed the category on it and now its quite expensive. 
    Spags said:
    kaw753 said:

A Hymn
    Danny Nedelko
    Gift Horse
    Dancer
    POP POP POP
    War
    Grounds

Thanks, that is pretty much Youtube Mix - Idles.

Great sounding band. Like a modern Clash.
    kaw753 said:
    Spags said:
    kaw753 said:

A Hymn
    Danny Nedelko
    Gift Horse
    Dancer
    POP POP POP
    War
    Grounds

Thanks, that is pretty much Youtube Mix - Idles.

Great sounding band. Like a modern Clash.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NqFrrj0Pcg

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Love Idles...their most recent album is great. I wish they played a few more off of it live. Their setlists are pretty consistent.

• The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 572
    Glen should be on the main stage later on in the day. Do not understand that
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17