Ohana Fest returns September 27th - 29th 2024

Comments

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,618
    tim131 said:
    Getting excited now - baby sitter has been confirmed!

How are the sight lines from back a bit? Does anyone have any pictures? 

Or if we wanted to be in the first ten rows, what time would we need to get there at do you think?
    Based on my experience, probably around 4:00. Sight lines from the back are really good because it’s not a massive festival with 70,000 people. 
    Plus there's a slight hill in some spots. By palm trees
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,319
    tim131 said:

Or if we wanted to be in the first ten rows, what time would we need to get there at do you think?
    Based on my experience, probably around 4:00. Sight lines from the back are really good because it’s not a massive festival with 70,000 people. 
    Yeah, there's a rise in the back that allows you to look out over the mass of people in front. We stood at the back because we didn't want to get there super-early, and it was still peak COVID times so a little breathing room was nice to have. The sound was good so I didn't mind being unusually far away.

The rise is also good because it means that people's lit-up phones are below your line of vision. I remember being about an hour into the first show before I noticed the phones being held up.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • PhilLeotardoPhilLeotardo Posts: 124
    tim131 said:

No,no. This place does not exist. Don’t try to find it. :)
  • tim131 said:

At Encore we got a spot right before Beck played and were probably 15thish "rows" back. So probably 5 or so? It was the closest I have ever been for Pearl Jam. While I liked that, it got really crowded in there and was pretty tight. We sat the next night in the bleachers and honestly have chosen that all the other times we've been for the headliners. There isn't a bad place really, maybe if you get stuck too far off to the side closer to the smaller stage, but if you plan before the lead in it will be fine regardless of what you pick. 
    tim131 said:

No,no. This place does not exist. Don’t try to find it. :)
    They won't. They'll try to get close.. as a veteran of every Ohana I have go to spots 
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    The rail/fence separating VIP and GA stays relatively empty thru the first bands, with GA folks crowding towards the stage.  We walked in late a couple years ago 2 nights, got to rail for Ed on SAT and then P!nk on SUN.  Far left rail (facing stage) but still closer that anyone in VIP.  And if you don't get to the rail, you at least get that fence to lean on and safe space.

• kaw753kaw753 Posts: 828
    I have a friend joining me for Ohana and she is asking a hard hitting important question that I can't answer:

What is the wine situation at the festival? Decent selection from California or questionable? 
    kaw753 said:
    I have a friend joining me for Ohana and she is asking a hard hitting important question that I can't answer:

What is the wine situation at the festival? Decent selection from California or questionable? 
    I think it’s just Butter Chardonnay 
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 828
    kaw753 said:

Website shows they have partnered with Josh Cellars and Kona Big Wave, so that all sounds good.
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 599
    Bus passes are up.  Hub is Rancho Mission Viejo Riding Center, 6 miles up the road :/
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,724
    For those who have gone before, is the shuttle pass recommended or fine without?  I don't mind walking a little. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,147
    Get to Ohana Fest safely and smoothly 1-Day & 3-Day Shuttle Passes are on sale now!

Passes are limited so don't wait Grab yours at ohanafest.com/tickets

njhaley1 said:
    Bus passes are up.  Hub is Rancho Mission Viejo Riding Center, 6 miles up the road :/
    And pricier than other years I’ve been
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,559
    For those who have gone before, is the shuttle pass recommended or fine without?  I don't mind walking a little. 
    Shuttle lines after are always super long. Looked miserable to me. Always parked and walked about 20 - 30 minutes. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
    For 2021, I bought the shuttle passes and they never sent them to me. I ended up parking nearby for $20 each day and walking, and it was much better as I have a 75-mile drive each night after the show. I don't want to spend an hour waiting for a bus to take me to my car.

My friend also did not receive the shuttle passes he bought in 2021, so caveat emptor.
    BF25394 said:
    For 2021, I bought the shuttle passes and they never sent them to me. I ended up parking nearby for $20 each day and walking, and it was much better as I have a 75-mile drive each night after the show. I don't want to spend an hour waiting for a bus to take me to my car.

My friend also did not receive the shuttle passes he bought in 2021, so caveat emptor.
    Dang. I don’t want to spend $65 and wait a long time for the shuttle especially if you might not even get the pass!
    BF25394 said:

Dang. I don’t want to spend $65 and wait a long time for the shuttle especially if you might not even get the pass!
    They're 65 bucks now?! I think they were ten dollars in 2021-- maybe 20.
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

$65 for the 3 day pass
    tbergs said:
    Shuttle lines after are always super long. Looked miserable to me. Always parked and walked about 20 - 30 minutes. 
    They do a pretty good job of keeping the lines moving
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

$65 for the 3 day pass
    Ah, gotcha. I'm inferring that the one-day pass is at least $25.00 then.
  • Manu117Manu117 Posts: 109
    anyone ever have luck with waitlist tickets (VIP) in the past? 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,763
    edited August 30
    VIP is a not a great value IMHO. Buy a blanket from a local vendor instead. The best view is in front of the soundboard. You might even catch an artist coming over to check on the sound and lighting. You did not hear that from me.
    Get_Right said:
    VIP is a not a great value IMHO. Buy a blanket from a local vendor instead. The best view is in front of the soundboard. You might even catch an artist coming over to check on the sound and lighting. You did not hear that from me.
    VIP is for people who like to waste money. 
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 599
    Get_Right said:
    We were near the soundboard last year - Goose came by to watch from the platform. 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,889
    kaw753 said:
    kaw753 said:

Website shows they have partnered with Josh Cellars and Kona Big Wave, so that all sounds good.

Oh, that's good to hear; Butter gives me a splitting headache.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 572
    njhaley1 said:
    Get_Right said:
    We were near the soundboard last year - Goose came by to watch from the platform. 
    Yup can confirm I was standing near Pete from Goose right after their set last year 
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
    njhaley1 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Rich Gossage? Guy doesn't strike me as a Pearl Jam fan... :)
  • tim131tim131 Austin Posts: 44
    Anyone care to guess the setlists for night 1 and 2? 

I saw someone mention a greatest hits setlist like Dublin got, which would be ok with me! but the fact it's 2 nights... makes me think we may be in for some deeper cuts and fewer repeats?

Any predictions on what we can expect?
    tim131 said:
    Anyone care to guess the setlists for night 1 and 2? 

I saw someone mention a greatest hits setlist like Dublin got, which would be ok with me! but the fact it's 2 nights... makes me think we may be in for some deeper cuts and fewer repeats?

Any predictions on what we can expect?
    they don't go off usual course for Ohana...look at set lists from 2021..regular shows just a bit shorter...not "greatest hits" thank god
  • David.NarwhalDavid.Narwhal Posts: 99
    edited September 3
    Hey All, thanks for the great tips so far in planning for Ohana. It's greatly appreciated.  I had a couple more questions come to mind.

It looks like my hotel is just under 3 miles to the shuttle station. I wasn't planning on renting a car so I can either walk an hour or take an Uber to the shuttle pickup.  If I choose the latter, should I just Uber directly to the venue instead of taking a shuttle?

Also, I noticed the availability of lockers to rent.  Since I'm doing site-seeing on Saturday, I'm wondering if I need to drop my stuff at the hotel before continuing onto the festival or if I should just get one of these lockers.  I might have stuff on the festival's 'do not bring' list.  Are the lockers located on the inside of the grounds?

Thanks again!

Post edited by David.Narwhal on