Ohana Fest returns September 27th - 29th 2024

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,833
    edited August 4
    Bummed about Neil Young. I wouldn't be going at all it he wasn't on the original lineup.  I've seen enough greatest hits PJ sets this tour and have more to see down under so was hoping for some Neil Jam.  Devo?  Can only name one song.

Looking forward to Crowded House though.  Neil Finn is in my top 5 artists.   Eddie has to join them for a few.
    Greatest hits?  Ohana won't be that... but Australia first show in each city might
    Likely not with two shows even though a festival.  But I'll see 9 shows this tour without Ohana and that is plenty for this tour. Will enjoy them all, but have done Ohana before so no need to cross it off again.  I was at the Dublin and Lisbon shows, so the greatest hits stuff is fresh for me (although the crowd soaks it up and makes it fun for even for this old lump of coal).
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,618
    ComeToTX said:
    Bummed about Neil Young. I wouldn't be going at all it he wasn't on the original lineup.  I've seen enough greatest hits PJ sets this tour and have more to see down under so was hoping for some Neil Jam.  Devo?  Can only name one song.

Looking forward to Crowded House though.  Neil Finn is in my top 5 artists.   Eddie has to join them for a few.
    I wish Crowded House was right before PJ so I could come later. 
    Boo hoo
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,147

Friday GA Tickets are now sold out BUT Saturday GA Tickets and 3-Day Hotel Packages are still available!
    Grab them at ohanafest.com/tickets or join the waitlist for our sold out ticket types.

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,763
    ComeToTX said:

I wish Crowded House was right before PJ so I could come later. 

If you are in GA you do not want to arrive later. Just my opinion. Around 4pm that place becomes very crowded.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,749
    Yeah, I remember. I’ll be there midday sometime. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,319
    I heard a commercial on the radio today here in L.A. advertising tickets for Ohana. It said the festival features "Sting, Alanis Morissette, Devo and more." At the end of the commercial, it reiterated (mostly) "Sting plus Alanis Morissette and more." Pearl Jam was never mentioned or heard. They played clips of Sting, with quick snippets of Alanis and Devo when they were mentioned.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    demetrios said:
    I love the Storytellers... since I'm not one who grabs a spot and stays there all day. Sad about Capt Paul Watson and his detention in Denmark...I always appreciate these warriors and what they do to help our planet and its variety of inhabitants. 
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    ginny weasley!
    AndySlash said:
    ginny weasley!
    AkA... Mrs Harry Potter..lol... cool to hear her
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    BF25394 said:
    I heard a commercial on the radio today here in L.A. advertising tickets for Ohana. It said the festival features "Sting, Alanis Morissette, Devo and more." At the end of the commercial, it reiterated (mostly) "Sting plus Alanis Morissette and more." Pearl Jam was never mentioned or heard. They played clips of Sting, with quick snippets of Alanis and Devo when they were mentioned.
    what station was it?
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    BF25394 said:
    what station was it?
    KRTH 101.1. As you probably know, it's a classic hits format that's heavy on the '80s but also features '90s stuff. It certainly could have been one of a number of ads targeting specific demographics. Maybe they cut an ad emphasizing Pearl Jam for KLOS or one emphasizing Pearl Jam and Alanis for KROQ.
    well put!
    Ewww..KEarth 101?.... never..

not the same as it was years ago
    JOEJOEJOE said:

I haven't listened in 30 years. Born into KLOS/KMET..
    On to KROQ..
    Now 91X if not on Sirius 

• ISO single 3-day GA ticket. Asking for a friend. I promise it's going to a very deserving home and happy to share more details via PM if that helps.
    edited August 14
    JOEJOEJOE said:

I haven't listened in 30 years. Born into KLOS/KMET..
    On to KROQ..
    Now 91X if not on Sirius 

Basically, the oldies stations that played '50s, '60s and '70s music in the '80s and '90s now play (late) '70s, '80s and '90s music. The '80s are the sweet spot for the Gen Xers their advertisers are primarily targeting in the same way that the '60s were the sweet spot for the Baby Boomers they were targeting in the '80s and '90s.

I just have it as one of my presets. I bounce around and, if they're playing something I like, I'll stay with it.
    Post edited by BF25394 on
  • critteraucritterau Posts: 210
    ISO single 3-day GA ticket. Asking for a friend. I promise it's going to a very deserving home and happy to share more details via PM if that helps.
    I have 2 3 day passes. Under face 
    Bham 9/3/98
    Atl 8/7/00, Houston 10/14/00
    Bham 4/9/03, Nash 4/18/03, Atl 4/19/03, Boston 7/11/03, Hershey 7/12/03
    Orlando 10/8/04
    Camden 5/27, 5/28/06
    PJ20 9/3 & 9/4/11
    Missoula 9/30/12
    Wrigley 7/19/13
    Charlotte 10/30/13, SD 11/21/13, LA 2 11/24/13

• njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 599
    demetrios said:

Bus passes should be going up soon, too.  My receipt from last year was 8/18.  
  • tim131tim131 Austin Posts: 44
    Getting excited now - baby sitter has been confirmed!

How are the sight lines from back a bit? Does anyone have any pictures? 

Or if we wanted to be in the first ten rows, what time would we need to get there at do you think?
    tim131 said:
    tim131 said:
    Is there any info about shuttle busses, park and rides etc?

I've a hotel in San Clemente and Newport Beach that are cancelable - I'm leaning toward San Clemente but it just seems a nightmare getting to and from the shows, we will have a car but I feel like if someone rented a bus and charged 20 bucks a head and just did rides from Dana Point to downtown San Clemente they'd make a mint, as its a short drive lol
    It's easy from DP to SC... not a nightmare at all
    Looks like it isn't walkable so I'd need to drive and hope to get parking with a 30 min walk, which I've heard can be a challenge!

Or uber in and out? No idea how much that would cost though? I'm sure immediately after the show it'd be lots, but if we waited it out an hour or two at a nearby bar, would it be affordable? Like 30 bucks? Or am I way off?
    I always find parking the trick is you just have to go early...i go eat at a local place before going in. Uber isn't such a big deal if you're patient. 
    do you mean you eat at a local place and park there for the night?

I'm trying to figure out how Ralph's would even know I was usurping a spot from them.
    No..I drive up from San Diego and park in the local area I know... eat.. walk in to festival. Driving home after Friday. Or might stay with family in OC.
    Ralphs will know because they have people watching... but hey.. go for it and don't cry when your car is gone. 
    I keep getting that warning so I think I'll follow that advice lol.

Do you park in the hilly residential area? We did that in 2021. Not bad just a brutal walk when it's all over.
    The Ralphs on Golden Lantern in Dana Point just sold a $44 million lottery ticket. 
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 753
    Newbie question for Ohana. What’s the surface for the GA standing area - is it sand (beach), grass, pavement, or other? Just thinking about footwear options.
    thanks 
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    ST66483 said:
    Newbie question for Ohana. What’s the surface for the GA standing area - is it sand (beach), grass, pavement, or other? Just thinking about footwear options.
    thanks 
    It's been a few years, but I seem to recall it being grass.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,938
    ST66483 said:
    thanks 
    Yep, grass
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 753
    Great thanks a lot.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,559
    jjflash said:
    ST66483 said:
    thanks 
    Yep, grass
    The best, most beautiful grass with palm trees overhead and a lovely ocean breeze rolling in. Makes me smile just thinking about it as the sun sets.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    tim131 said:
    Getting excited now - baby sitter has been confirmed!

How are the sight lines from back a bit? Does anyone have any pictures? 

Or if we wanted to be in the first ten rows, what time would we need to get there at do you think?
    Based on my experience, probably around 4:00. Sight lines from the back are really good because it’s not a massive festival with 70,000 people. 
    The Cove is a place to slow down and soak in inspiration from some of the most influential voices in activism and environmental justice. Stop by in between sets to check out our amazing lineup of speakers on the Storytellers Stage.