Ohana Fest returns September 27th - 29th 2024

Comments

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,618
    tim131 said:
    tim131 said:
    Is there any info about shuttle busses, park and rides etc?

I've a hotel in San Clemente and Newport Beach that are cancelable - I'm leaning toward San Clemente but it just seems a nightmare getting to and from the shows, we will have a car but I feel like if someone rented a bus and charged 20 bucks a head and just did rides from Dana Point to downtown San Clemente they'd make a mint, as its a short drive lol
    It's easy from DP to SC... not a nightmare at all
    Looks like it isn't walkable so I'd need to drive and hope to get parking with a 30 min walk, which I've heard can be a challenge!

Or uber in and out? No idea how much that would cost though? I'm sure immediately after the show it'd be lots, but if we waited it out an hour or two at a nearby bar, would it be affordable? Like 30 bucks? Or am I way off?
    I always find parking the trick is you just have to go early...i go eat at a local place before going in. Uber isn't such a big deal if you're patient. 
    do you mean you eat at a local place and park there for the night?

I'm trying to figure out how Ralph's would even know I was usurping a spot from them.
    No..I drive up from San Diego and park in the local area I know... eat.. walk in to festival. Driving home after Friday. Or might stay with family in OC.
    Ralphs will know because they have people watching... but hey.. go for it and don't cry when your car is gone. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    tim131 said:
    tim131 said:

I've a hotel in San Clemente and Newport Beach that are cancelable - I'm leaning toward San Clemente but it just seems a nightmare getting to and from the shows, we will have a car but I feel like if someone rented a bus and charged 20 bucks a head and just did rides from Dana Point to downtown San Clemente they'd make a mint, as its a short drive lol
    Looks like it isn't walkable so I'd need to drive and hope to get parking with a 30 min walk, which I've heard can be a challenge!

Or uber in and out? No idea how much that would cost though? I'm sure immediately after the show it'd be lots, but if we waited it out an hour or two at a nearby bar, would it be affordable? Like 30 bucks? Or am I way off?
    I always find parking the trick is you just have to go early...i go eat at a local place before going in. Uber isn't such a big deal if you're patient. 

I'm trying to figure out how Ralph's would even know I was usurping a spot from them.
    No..I drive up from San Diego and park in the local area I know... eat.. walk in to festival. Driving home after Friday. Or might stay with family in OC.
    Ralphs will know because they have people watching... but hey.. go for it and don't cry when your car is gone. 
    I keep getting that warning so I think I'll follow that advice lol.

Do you park in the hilly residential area? We did that in 2021. Not bad just a brutal walk when it's all over.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    tim131 said:
    tim131 said:

Do you park in the hilly residential area? We did that in 2021. Not bad just a brutal walk when it's all over.
    What’s the first rule about parking at Ohana? 
    tim131 said:
    tim131 said:

I have... also along PCH ... walk no biggie... but Ralphs absolutely has spotters in the lot and if they see you walk away and not come back they tow...I know some who had cars towed... and I go every year and have my usual parking spots in mind already. 
  • Ms0331Ms0331 United States Posts: 89
    Does anyone know if there is a cancel option on the layaway plan? I have 1 payment left and I thought I recall someone telling me at one of the Seattle shows this year there was an option to cancel for a $50 fee if you cancel prior to the last layaway payment. 
    edited August 1
    Ms0331 said:
    Does anyone know if there is a cancel option on the layaway plan? I have 1 payment left and I thought I recall someone telling me at one of the Seattle shows this year there was an option to cancel for a $50 fee if you cancel prior to the last layaway payment. 
    You have to email them or look at FAQ ... don't trust what you read here
    http://contact.frontgatetickets.com/
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
    tim131 said:
    tim131 said:

I have... also along PCH ... walk no biggie... but Ralphs absolutely has spotters in the lot and if they see you walk away and not come back they tow...I know some who had cars towed... and I go every year and have my usual parking spots in mind already. 
    thanks...good advice

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Ms0331 said:
    Has anyone in here had luck with canceling and getting a refund? Does anyone remember the original terms after the original onsale stating you could cancel for a fee?

• PhilLeotardoPhilLeotardo Posts: 124
    edited August 1
    DEVO replacing Garbage on Friday if it hasn’t already been mentioned somewhere I didn’t see
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,610
    What happened  to Shirley Manson? 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    DEVO replacing Garbage on Friday if it hasn’t already been mentioned somewhere I didn’t see
    I like this
    Really....interesting

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,596
    What happened  to Shirley Manson? 
    She's going through some stuff & is going home. Hope she gets better.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • EMiznerEMizner Posts: 111
    😔
    Pearl Jam
    Minneapolis, MN - June 30, 1998
    St. Paul, MN - June 16, 2003
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 3, 2011
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 4, 2011
    St. Paul, MN - August 31, 2023
    St. Paul, MN - September 2, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 18, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 19, 2023
    Las Vegas, NV - May 16, 2024
    Las Vegas, NV - May 18, 2024

Eddie Vedder
    Las Vegas, NV - October 7, 2022
    Innings Festival - Tempe, AZ - February 26, 2023
    Ohana Festival - Dana Point, CA - September 30, 2023
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    Hope Shirley & the band are okay, it's a damn shame to lose Garbage for Friday night. Not sure I can get as excited about Sting & Devo, fingers crossed there's no additional lineup changes at the top.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    man, that sucks. of the undercard, was definitely most excited about them. devo is... fine. will be fun to see them.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,749
    Not a fan of either but I’d take Garbage over Devo. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 727
    I specifically selected Friday night because of Garbage, but I've seen them 4-5 times. Shirley had major hip surgery and things seem rough for her. But I'm excited about Devo. 
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    I specifically selected Friday night because of Garbage, but I've seen them 4-5 times. Shirley had major hip surgery and things seem rough for her. But I'm excited about Devo. 
    I was pretty close last time I saw them in 2021, and was disappointed to learn that she lip-syncs for most of the show. I've come to realize that most artists/bands do that. I guess I've been spoiled by the bands that I've followed the most over the years.
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 837
    When a problem comes around.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
    Ms0331 said:
    Ms0331 said:
    Has anyone in here had luck with canceling and getting a refund? Does anyone remember the original terms after the original onsale stating you could cancel for a fee?
    Update - I was able to cancel my tickets. There is a $65 termination fee to cancel your layaway plan if plan has not been paid in full yet. I had one more payment remaining so was able to cancel. Wanted to share in case this helps anyone.

• PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,641
    Ms0331 said:
    Ms0331 said:
    Ms0331 said:
    Update - I was able to cancel my tickets. There is a $65 termination fee to cancel your layaway plan if plan has not been paid in full yet. I had one more payment remaining so was able to cancel. Wanted to share in case this helps anyone.

I may go this route and just get a single for Friday. I bought the insurance, which hopefully will cover cancellation. Still have one more layaway payment left. Was really excited for a Pearl Jam/ Neil Young weekend, but too much juggling to make it worth it  for Sting.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,076
    I was pretty close last time I saw them in 2021, and was disappointed to learn that she lip-syncs for most of the show. I've come to realize that most artists/bands do that. I guess I've been spoiled by the bands that I've followed the most over the years.
    ”most”… sureeeeeeeeeeee
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • critteraucritterau Posts: 210
    Ms0331 said:
    Ms0331 said:
    Ms0331 said:

Who did you contact for a refund? I tried front gate and they said no when I asked 
    Bham 9/3/98
    Atl 8/7/00, Houston 10/14/00
    Bham 4/9/03, Nash 4/18/03, Atl 4/19/03, Boston 7/11/03, Hershey 7/12/03
    Orlando 10/8/04
    Camden 5/27, 5/28/06
    PJ20 9/3 & 9/4/11
    Missoula 9/30/12
    Wrigley 7/19/13
    Charlotte 10/30/13, SD 11/21/13, LA 2 11/24/13
    critterau said:
    Ms0331 said:
    Ms0331 said:
    Ms0331 said:

Who did you contact for a refund? I tried front gate and they said no when I asked 
    I logged into my Frontgate account. There was an option on the order page for the Ohana tickets to email them for an issue and the terminations fees were listed right on the order page  - $50 for the layaway plan termination plus non refundable $15 fee for the initial layaway plan fee so $65 total. I called them directly and stated my plan has a cancel option and requested to cancel. Just checked my call history and the phone number is 888-512-7469. They said refund would take up to 7 to 10 days by original payment method.
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    ”most”… sureeeeeeeeeeee
    Honestly, you'd be surprised. I was really disappointed to see that Alanis does too. The Stones, Roger Waters, even Taylor Swift does. They may play a few songs live. But outside of that, they're singing/playing along to a track. That's what you're getting with a lot of these bands who play the same set every night.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,833
    edited August 4
    Bummed about Neil Young. I wouldn't be going at all it he wasn't on the original lineup.  I've seen enough greatest hits PJ sets this tour and have more to see down under so was hoping for some Neil Jam.  Devo?  Can only name one song.

Looking forward to Crowded House though.  Neil Finn is in my top 5 artists.   Eddie has to join them for a few.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    Bummed about Neil Young. I wouldn't be going at all it he wasn't on the original lineup.  I've seen enough greatest hits PJ sets this tour and have more to see down under so was hoping for some Neil Jam.  Devo?  Can only name one song.

Looking forward to Crowded House though.  Neil Finn is in my top 5 artists.   Eddie has to join them for a few.
    Greatest hits?  Ohana won't be that... but Australia first show in each city might
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,749

I wish Crowded House was right before PJ so I could come later. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.