Options

Ohana Fest returns September 27th - 29th 2024

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,460
    edited April 28
    So festival tickets are still available? Thought they would go in 2-3 hours...

Could one stay in LA, and take the bus (greyhound or whatever they are called in the US) from there every day for the festival, back and forth? Seems to be an hour drive?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,506

Could one stay in LA, and take the bus (greyhound or whatever they are called in the US) from there every day for the festival, back and forth? Seems to be an hour drive?
    The singles rarely sell that fast... usually the Saturday EV night does. 
    No... you can't do that because service is not consistent. We don't ride the bus often here in So Cal. 

If you're going to drive look at anything in Orange County.. the drive will be much less. Try Oceanside in San Diego County and the drive is about 30 miles. 

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,728
    edited April 28

I looked into public transport from LAX to Dana Point. There’s a bus from the airport to Union station downtown, then you get on the commuter train (Caltrain) which goes to Orange County and the line goes through Dana Point (not sure there’s a stop though). It’s a pretty long trip, time wise and I wasn’t going to be able to make it work between getting to our place we stayed at and to the venue in time. I’m also not sure how late the trains run and downtown LA probably isn’t the most pleasant place after midnight. There’s a lot of downsides to our cities designed around the car, this being one of them. 

Edit: I checked and the train stops nearest the venue are San Clemente and San Juan Capistrano. 
    Post edited by Go Beavers on
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 153
    edited April 28
    Fly into San Diego rent a car easy nice drive look in San Clemente for hotel and Airbnb only eight miles up the road to Dana point that’s my plan
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,460
    I don't have a drivers licence :/ 

I like my buses, trams and subways
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Good luck in southern California then.... esp OC....
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,451

Good luck in southern California then.... esp OC....
    Agreed.  I guess it’s a good summer to learn how to drive.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 474
    Amazing lineup, but would cost me about 5 grand to do it, it’s a long way from here.
  • Options
    jstu39jstu39 Posts: 144
    Booked hotel a few months ago. Walking distance. 3 day GA secured. 

My guess is set lists around 2 hours. Festival usually closes with a group jam so I think Neil plays with them Sunday and comes out for a Rocking in the Free World closer. 
  • Options
    jstu39 said:

My guess is set lists around 2 hours. Festival usually closes with a group jam so I think Neil plays with them Sunday and comes out for a Rocking in the Free World closer. 
    Uh... no.... he's at Hollywood Bowl Sunday...
  • Options

If you haven’t picked a place to stay, your best option is looking at local bus and “trolly” routes, and finding something along one of the lines, and then you’ll have to Uber back. The other option is finding a place near the shuttle site. 
  • Options
    PhilLeotardoPhilLeotardo Posts: 103
    Getting myself familiar with the other acts in the months ahead is always fun. I haven’t listened to Last Splash front to back in 30’years and Peter Cat Recording Co. is very entertaining.
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    What's the capacity for this festival? 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Options
    MD190661 said:
    I’ve seen 20k referenced. Partly what makes it even better is that it’s not so massive
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    That's a good number. Thinking about it...
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,547
    MD190661 said:
    I’ve seen 20k referenced. Partly what makes it even better is that it’s not so massive
    So, If I go I have to hang in the back and I will able to at least somewhat see?
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,876
    cutz said:
    MD190661 said:
    So, If I go I have to hang in the back and I will able to at least somewhat see?
    Yep
  • Options
    cutz said:
    MD190661 said:
    As of 2021 (and I’m sure someone can confirm 2022/23) there were bleachers at the back with a pretty much straight ahead look at the stage.  A bit far but no worse than say the far end of the 100 level at an arena.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    jjflash said:
    cutz said:
    MD190661 said:
    Yep
    cutz said:
    MD190661 said:
    As of 2021 (and I’m sure someone can confirm 2022/23) there were bleachers at the back with a pretty much straight ahead look at the stage.  A bit far but no worse than say the far end of the 100 level at an arena.  
    Thanks for that info.

Now, I'm feeling pressured to go-LOL
  • Options
    cutz said:
    MD190661 said:
    Yes, and if you want to get closer, it’s pretty easy to do around 7:00 or so. Things will tighten up at the main stage just before PJ/Neil/PJ start up. 
  • Options
    cutz said:
    MD190661 said:
    Kinda sloped upward toward back of main lawn area and there is a hill near the cluster of palm trees. Honestly I often stand near secondary stage and have a great time... can see enough, I'm there to hear the music abd the screens are on at the second stage too. I've stood all different places over the 8 years, bleachers too, and it's about being there for me. I like to move away from the drunks 
  • Options
    cutz said:
    MD190661 said:
    Bleachers always there since first Ohana 
  • Options
    edited April 29
    cutz said:
    MD190661 said:
    Yes…for 2022. If you’re going to sit in the back of a venue, it’s pretty hard to beat “back to the Pacific Ocean” though. Sunset, surfers, wind sailing, stunning view.

I believe a whale mixed in with the surfers a few days before Ohana last year.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    MD190661 said:
    Kinda sloped upward toward back of main lawn area and there is a hill near the cluster of palm trees. Honestly I often stand near secondary stage and have a great time... can see enough, I'm there to hear the music abd the screens are on at the second stage too. I've stood all different places over the 8 years, bleachers too, and it's about being there for me. I like to move away from the drunks 
    The second stage is sometimes the place to be as well. Eddie has jumped up there a handful of times.
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 449
    cutz said:
    MD190661 said:
    The second stage is sometimes the place to be as well. Eddie has jumped up there a handful of times.
    This 100%, always great to be on the second stage especially early in the day.  With Joe Wong + Nite Creatures, wouldn't be surprised if Matt jumps on the drums like he did in 2021. 

Looking at the lineup and if they follow previous flow of the billing and who plays on which stage, Glen should also be on the second stage that day. 

Such a great festival, look forward to it every year. 
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 296
    jstu39 said:

He's also been doing ~1hr 40min shows. Saw him Saturday here in PHX. It was every bit as good as I'd hoped. 
  • Options
    njhaley1 said:
    jstu39 said:

He's also been doing ~1hr 40min shows. Saw him Saturday here in PHX. It was every bit as good as I'd hoped. 
    I saw here in San Diego.... that's why I'm skipping Saturday Ohana... I've had enough NY...it was ok
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 296
    njhaley1 said:
    jstu39 said:

I saw here in San Diego.... that's why I'm skipping Saturday Ohana... I've had enough NY...it was ok
    Brought me right back to the Weld double cassette I bought with paperboy money way back in high school. Every bit as loud as I used to play it, too.

Reverend Billy was... Thought provoking, which was the intent I suppose. 
  • Options
    When Fan to fan opens I am going to sell my Neil young Toronto July 8.  Decent seat.  If anyone is interested let me know.  

• Options
    cutz said:
    MD190661 said:
    Yes, and if you want to get closer, it’s pretty easy to do around 7:00 or so. Things will tighten up at the main stage just before PJ/Neil/PJ start up. 
    Thanks for that, but I have to hang in the back or off to the extreme sides.

It sucks getting old=HA