After 25+ years...I finally made it.

Hi, all! Longtime listener, first time member of the fanclub and PJ page.  Got my shirt and license plate ordered. What else do i need to know to best immerse myself in this group? Any dos/don'ts, etc that aren't spelled out. Like, unspoken rules or whatever? Not that I'm looking to break any...just happy to be here. Peace from the midwest!

-BombChelle

Comments

• primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Welcome!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    Only 1 commandment.....
    hippiemom = goodness
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    You’re finally here and I’m a mess 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Advice would be to not take things personally when some share their opinions in a messed up way.
    All just people typing on a keyboard.  Sometimes jokes or sarcasm doesn't come across as intended.  (Other times people can be.....well, people.)

There are, however, many very fine people here who love to help other fans and have fun communicating on the different forum topics.  Jump in and enjoy!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,007
    edited January 10
    Welcome to the forum! :)
  • Okay! This is good stuff. Hi, everyone. And thank you!
    I'm just realizing there are like tons of different "boards" within this thing.
    "I swallowed my breath and went deep
    I was diving, I was diving
    I surfaced when all of my being was enlightened..."  =) 

This could take a while. 
    B) 
  • You’re finally here and I’m a mess 
    Aren't we ALL???
  • nycmalenycmale Posts: 250
    Welcome, peace and enjoy the ride! 2024 should be a very exciting time for us pearl jam fans! 
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    The only rule is to keep your cool.
    Hi! Like your name.. it's 🔥
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,804
    Welcome! Best band in the world! Best fans too!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    Do not ever, even in jest, use the term "jamily"

Also the Tenclub sucks.
    Oh wait the Tenclub is awesome
    The PJ fan club ticketing system is the worst
    The PJ fan club ticketing system is awesome

• JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    Welcome. Wonder what 10c numbers are up to now. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Do not ever, even in jest, use the term "jamily"

Also the Tenclub sucks.
    Oh wait the Tenclub is awesome
    The PJ fan club ticketing system is the worst
    The PJ fan club ticketing system is awesome

OMG, lol. Noted! Though, it's kinda cute...
  • JojoRice said:
    I remember seeing a number. Is that something I should/need to know?
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,625
    Welcome! 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,671
    Welcome!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,938
    edited January 11
     Welcome, Bombchelle :hang_loose: Solid name!

Hmmm, forum tips and suggestions....a few come to mind:

- Newsletters drop at 10a pacific on the 10th of each month
    - Be quick on the draw for limited merch drops. @Santos L. Halper (w/ 10C) is your friend and posts links on the forum.
    - Check on the 'Given to Fly' forum during tour time for setlist relays....it's fun to follow along if that's your thing and you're not at the show
    - There's a lot of good people around here. And some crusty whiners too. Take it all with a grain of salt.
    - oh...and regardless of what you may hear otherwise on here Johnny Guitar is a bada$$ song :rock_on::glasses:

Enjoy the ride....and the tour...and the new album....!!
    Post edited by jjflash on
    You’re finally here and I’m a mess 
    Aren't we ALL???
    Probably! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• jjflash said:

- Newsletters drop at 12p pacific on the 10th of each month
    - Be quick on the draw for limited merch drops. @Santos L. Halper (w/ 10C) is your friend and posts links on the forum.
    - Check on the 'Given to Fly' forum during tour time for setlist relays....it's fun to follow along if that's your thing and you're not at the show
    - There's a lot of good people around here. And some crusty whiners too. Take it all with a grain of salt.

10am Pacific.
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,687
    Helloooooo!!!!!!!!!!(screamed…I just wanted to)
    Welcome to the club!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    edited January 11
    JojoRice said:
    I remember seeing a number. Is that something I should/need to know?
    Yes because you'll need it when bragging and or complaining about your seat locations.
    Assuming you get lucky in the ticket lottery.

Never ever disclose  your full membership number. For example 456XXX

And welcome to da club
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
    So about your membership number.

Typically when you enter ticket draws through ten club, everyone has the same shot at reserved seats, but when the winners are selected, the best seats go to the winners who have been in ten club the longest and the worst seats to people who have been in the shortest.  The higher the number, the worse the seats.  

There’s a few nuances around all this.  Feel free to DM me when there is a draw.

• hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Welcome.  10th is always a good day to check things.  Incessant complaining about seats and poster availability, prices, and merch.......BUUUUTT some of the best  humans on earth, that are endlessly generous, selfless, and there for each other in times of trouble.  I am constantly reminded of the beautiful humans this band's music has brought and kept together.  Welcome to the club

Oh yeah we love to put our numbers on our posts to show our age ....
    Mike 84xxx. Aka hrd2imgn
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    Okay! This is good stuff. Hi, everyone. And thank you!

This could take a while.  B) 
    Oh wow. Those are PJ lyrics. Now I know the words to In Hiding! Thanks M
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Don't talk about the 1995 video.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,938
    jjflash said:

- Newsletters drop at 12p pacific on the 10th of each month

10am Pacific.
    Doh! Typo. Got it crossed up w/ the time zone I live in. Thanks, SLH  :skull:
  • Spunkie said:
    Okay! This is good stuff. Hi, everyone. And thank you!

This could take a while.  B) 
    Oh wow. Those are PJ lyrics. Now I know the words to In Hiding! Thanks M
    They sure are, Spunkie! =)
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,168

• KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    Welcome to Ten Club. The first rule of Ten Club is: you do not talk about Ten Club. The second rule of Ten Club is: you DO NOT talk about Ten Club!
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,974