A Riot Act Christmas

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,169

by anotherdaninparadise

My wife used to be a DJ at an active rock radio station in Lincoln Nebraska. (🤘104.1 The Blaze 🤘)

Back when Riot Act came out the label or the band sent these Christmas cards out. You’ll recognize the skeletal figures from the Riot Act artwork just sitting in the snow in someone’s back yard. I’m presuming the artist that made them. (I love the edge of a trampoline in the picture) I’ve always loved the artwork associated with that record and all that music hit me at a pivotal time in my life so it endures as a top 5 record of theirs for me.

Many years ago my wife took the card and framed it for me with the added title pieces as a Christmas gift. For the last few years I’ve meant to share this at Christmas time with this group. This year I finally remembered!

Years go by and I probably don’t listen to Pearl Jam as much as I did 20 years ago. But they are truly a foundational band for me and I’ve always had a strong affinity for people who love Pearl Jam. Merry Christmas everybody!!

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,974
    Wow cool thanks!
  • Wonderful
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,985
    Amazing. Their best album. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane