So what Gigaton songs will survive to the 2024 tour?

Being a tour for a new album.

What songs will still be staples or in "regular rotation"?

DOTC, Quick Escape, Retrograde?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    This might not be a popular opinion but I would be good with no songs making the cut. They do love to play DOTC though it seems. 
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,099
    I'd probably say those three plus SBWM and Seven O'clock.

Glad I got to see Alright in Amsterdam, that one has stuck with me as a favourite from the record and I doubt it'll ever be in regular rotation. 
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    i really hope to hear seven o´clock. i was at vienna last year when it got cancelled and that was the song i was hoping to hear from gigaton!!
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    PJNB said:
    This might not be a popular opinion but I would be good with no songs making the cut. They do love to play DOTC though it seems. 
    Sort of hoping the same.
    Kearnsy
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    I have a feeling Comes Then Goes will remain in heavy rotation for the foreseeable future.
  • danofundanofun Posts: 984
    PJNB said:
    👆
  • PJNB said:
    Agreed
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,465
    I adore DOTC so it can still pop in. I feel like the song they played a lot last 2 years is Who Ever Said so wonder if that will continue. I heard it 3 out of 4 shows
  • raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,158
    Dance
    Superblood Wolfmoon
    Quick Escape
    Seven O'Clock 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Quick Escape is one of their best songs post 2000 IMO!  It should be a live staple!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    DOTC and Retrograde would be my guess. I like SBWM and have enjoyed it live, so hopefully they continue to play it. I still hope to hear Comes then Goes at some point.
  • Quick Escape is one of their best songs post 2000 IMO!  It should be a live staple!
    yes
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,613
    Whatever ones were played this year
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    Regulars 
    Quick Escape 

Once a tour
    Retrograde 
    DOTC
    whoever said
    Never Destination

Once a year
    Superblood Wolfmoon
    Buckle up
    7 o’clock

extremely rare
    Alright 
    River Cross
    Comes Then Goes 
    Take the Long Way 

1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,467
    January 2024 will mark 10 years since PJ last played in Australia - we’re lucky we got some Lightning Bolt songs! I’ll take as many Gigaton songs as they can give us just as long as they get down here!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • PJNB said:
    This.

If anything, Who Ever Said or SbWm
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • goldrush said:
    January 2024 will mark 10 years since PJ last played in Australia - we’re lucky we got some Lightning Bolt songs! I’ll take as many Gigaton songs as they can give us just as long as they get down here!
    Atleast KISS always played Shandi for you!
  • Quick Escape is one of their best songs post 2000 IMO!  It should be a live staple!
    The only good part is the solo and bass run.  The actual song is pretty forgettable imo. 
  • I'm hoping for none as well.  Superblood is the biggest word salad and Ed messed up the lyrics both times I saw it. 
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    I’m hoping Whoever Said as I really like the song and I missed it in my 5 Euro shows last year.

I think the only regular songs will be Whoever Said, Superblood Wolf Moon, Quick Escape, Retrograde and Dance of the Clairvoyants. Other 7 will be rarities.  
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited December 2023
    Quick Escape is one of their best songs post 2000 IMO!  It should be a live staple!
    The only good part is the solo and bass run.  The actual song is pretty forgettable imo. 
    Do not agree. The lyrics, vocal melody etc makes the song catchy and memorable. Compared to something like River Cross and Comes then Goes that are just more of songs already been done "better", sometimes by Neil Young. Or Whoever Said/Superblood Wolfmoon that are "just" (cool or fun) versions of e.g. Supersonic.

Quick Escape is a standout in my opinion. And I can see it having a Unthought Known kind of a tail.
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,465
    I've always found SBWM corny for some reason and was kinda glad I missed it.
  • nalyd61nalyd61 Posts: 722
    12 Gigaton shows for me.  River Cross eluded me.  
    80 shows and waiting for 

River Cross
    Comes then goes
    Getaway
    Big Wave
    Around the Bend

I may be waiting a while
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    nalyd61 said:
    12 Gigaton shows for me.  River Cross eluded me.  
    80 shows and waiting for 

River Cross
    Comes then goes
    Getaway
    Big Wave
    Around the Bend

I may be waiting a while
    7 Gigaton shows for me. Got them all, except for Comes Then Goes...which was the one I wanted most.
  • MF658872MF658872 Posts: 251
    Who Ever Said, DOTC, Quick Escape, and Retrograde will remain in rotation. Buckle Up and Seven O'Clock will be once a year songs. The others will be forgotten about.
    Philly 1 2016                       Dublin 2024
    EV New York 2016             NYC 1&2 2024
    TOTD Philly 2 2016            Philly 1 2024
    Hall of Fame 2017 
    Boston 1 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    EV New York 1 & 2 2022
    Berlin 2022
    Frankfurt 2022
    New York 2022

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    PJNB said:
    Not this. But it'll probably be DOTC, Quick Escape, and Super Blood Wolfmoon 
    I miss igotid88
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    Quick Escape and Who Ever Said.  Those 2 and Retrograde came off best live in my opinion.  Wish they paid Retrograde more than they did. It's great live.    Think Seven O'Clock came off better live than anticipated as well.

DOTC and SBWM were better on the album than live. Just didn't think they translated well live.
  • i thought Camden 22 had great energy from the crowd to Quick Escape and Who Ever said.  So I think they will stay.  I also think they will continue to push DOTC and Retrograde. 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    6 Gigaton shows for me.....never got Alright, Retrograde, Comes Then Goes.  I have a feeling Comes Then Goes makes its live debut this next tour. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • devonfzdevonfz Posts: 166
    I saw three Ohana shows and San Diego I got my Gigaton fill for four shows in a row

Please no buckle up… seen it twice😴

retrograde rocks and I can’t believe I’m saying this but more 7oclock

never got into sbwm or dotc