Options

Advice for attending concert in wheelchair

MaggieS61MaggieS61 Pennsylvania Posts: 6
With the news that PJ is probably touring the States again in 2024, I'm trying to get information about going to a show in a wheelchair.  Since becoming disabled I haven't been to ANY concerts, and I've never been able to see Pearl Jam live, so I would give anything to be able to.  Being in a wheelchair must make getting tickets even more complicated.  Sure, I'm a 10C member, but I'm not sure how to even begin to get tickets to accommodate me and my family (4 of us).  It would most likely be Philadelphia or Baltimore. Does anyone have any knowledge or advice on how handicapped seating works at these events? It would be a dream come true for me.

Comments

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,377
    MaggieS61 said:
    With the news that PJ is probably touring the States again in 2024, I'm trying to get information about going to a show in a wheelchair.  Since becoming disabled I haven't been to ANY concerts, and I've never been able to see Pearl Jam live, so I would give anything to be able to.  Being in a wheelchair must make getting tickets even more complicated.  Sure, I'm a 10C member, but I'm not sure how to even begin to get tickets to accommodate me and my family (4 of us).  It would most likely be Philadelphia or Baltimore. Does anyone have any knowledge or advice on how handicapped seating works at these events? It would be a dream come true for me.
    Actually it's not harder as there are sections in the ballparks and arenas for you. No need to worry ... there are clear instructions for those who require accessible seating
  • Options
    Thank you. That's reassuring.  So, I wouldn't need "special" tickets?  The only thing it says in the Ticket Policy is if you require ADA seating to contact them.  Not sure if that's before or after getting tickets.  I just don't want to be figuring things out as all the tickets get sold and I'm left not seeing them again.
  • Options
    Honestly don't worry about stuff like that now... nothing announced and nothing on sale. Why would you not get tickets? On 10C sale you just ask for ADA. But no one is guaranteed tickets anyway... it's a game . 
  • Options
    Understood. I'm just ignorant of how the whole 10C sale process works, and don't want to miss them next time around. Thanks.
  • Options
    Just stay connected to social media and read the boards when it's actually announced
  • Options
    MaggieS61 said:
    Understood. I'm just ignorant of how the whole 10C sale process works, and don't want to miss them next time around. Thanks.
    You'll get lots of help from people here when it's time...
  • Options
    bchambers05bchambers05 Omaha, Nebraska Posts: 162
    Not sure how it works through 10c. I got wheelchair seats for St Paul last year and I'll tell you a little bit about how I did it.

First, everyone said you can just send a request to 10c to request accessible tickets. I wasn't sure how this worked and I didn't want to take any chances at all, so instead of getting tickets through 10c i waited until tickets wer available on Ticketmaster.

To my horror when the tickets released by Ticketmaster there were no wheelchair seats showing up. So I reached out to Ticketmaster which is only available through email or chat unfortunately. Of course they didn't respond for 3 days....while i was waiting for them to respond I was checking the Ticketmaster website every 10 minutes probably for a full day haha.

At one point randomly wheelchair seats all of a sudden showed up on Ticketmaster so I snatched them up. There were still plenty wheelchair seats available for the next several days on Ticketmaster.

Now this was specific to the st Paul show and arena so It's possible availability is different in different arenas as far as the amount, but...this is how I ended up doing it. 

By the time Ticketmaster finally responded i already had my tickets.
  • Options
    I believe when you submit your 10c ticket request there’s an option for ADA seats. If there’s not, I would still submit request and then contact 10c AND Ticketmaster as soon as you put the request in…and then again after the drawing. If you win tickets and they’re not ADA I’m almost positive Ticketmaster will be willing to switch out the seats you won for ADA seats.

Very happy for you to attend your first shows with your family
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Not sure how it works through 10c. I got wheelchair seats for St Paul last year and I'll tell you a little bit about how I did it.

First, everyone said you can just send a request to 10c to request accessible tickets. I wasn't sure how this worked and I didn't want to take any chances at all, so instead of getting tickets through 10c i waited until tickets wer available on Ticketmaster.

To my horror when the tickets released by Ticketmaster there were no wheelchair seats showing up. So I reached out to Ticketmaster which is only available through email or chat unfortunately. Of course they didn't respond for 3 days....while i was waiting for them to respond I was checking the Ticketmaster website every 10 minutes probably for a full day haha.

At one point randomly wheelchair seats all of a sudden showed up on Ticketmaster so I snatched them up. There were still plenty wheelchair seats available for the next several days on Ticketmaster.

Now this was specific to the st Paul show and arena so It's possible availability is different in different arenas as far as the amount, but...this is how I ended up doing it. 

By the time Ticketmaster finally responded i already had my tickets.
    Wow! That’s exactly the type of thing I was worried about! But I’m glad you got your tickets and that you were able to go to the concert. Your story shows me anything is possible! Thanks. 
  • Options
    I believe when you submit your 10c ticket request there’s an option for ADA seats. If there’s not, I would still submit request and then contact 10c AND Ticketmaster as soon as you put the request in…and then again after the drawing. If you win tickets and they’re not ADA I’m almost positive Ticketmaster will be willing to switch out the seats you won for ADA seats.

Very happy for you to attend your first shows with your family
    Thank you so much for the good advice.  You’re so lucky to have been to so many shows. I’m jealous! It’s one of my biggest disappointments that I’ve missed their concerts for so many years. I’m determined it will happen this time!
  • Options
    chalonchalon Posts: 106
    Hi Maggie — I’ve been to a lot of shows in a WC so I can help with this!!

For 10C, when they do the drawing there is a separate process to request for the ADA drawing. The email will have instructions on how to request ADA, specifically. On the recent tours I’ve had a ~75% draw rate on ADA seats, which is good but not guaranteed. In 2013, I did not get ADA San Diego or the 2nd LA 2020 (postponed to 2022) show. But, I did get both Seattle 2018 shows.

If you don’t get the 10C ADA drawing, there are several other strategies. First, when the general on sale goes up, Ticketmaster and many venues have a special ADA phone number to call. If you talk to them you can usually get a WC seat.

If that doesn’t work, you can always just buy a non-ADA seat (either initial purchase or resale). Legally, if you show up to the venue with an inaccessible seat and you need an accessible one, they must move you to an accessible location. However, if you do this you should show up early to make sure you get something that is close to your ticket.

If you have any questions about the process, feel free to DM me as I’ve done a lot of these and am happy to help!!!
  • Options
    I know in London the wheelchair area is right next to Mike . He went in there a couple times last tour. Hope you get to a show and get a great spot
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,896
    If it's GA/pit do this :tongue:
    This fan in wheelchair carried in a rock festival  rHumansBeingBros

Stage dive  live show  mosh pit  wheel chair  crowd surfing  Like a  storm Surfing photos Smosh

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    chalon said:
    Hi Maggie — I’ve been to a lot of shows in a WC so I can help with this!!

For 10C, when they do the drawing there is a separate process to request for the ADA drawing. The email will have instructions on how to request ADA, specifically. On the recent tours I’ve had a ~75% draw rate on ADA seats, which is good but not guaranteed. In 2013, I did not get ADA San Diego or the 2nd LA 2020 (postponed to 2022) show. But, I did get both Seattle 2018 shows.

If you don’t get the 10C ADA drawing, there are several other strategies. First, when the general on sale goes up, Ticketmaster and many venues have a special ADA phone number to call. If you talk to them you can usually get a WC seat.

If that doesn’t work, you can always just buy a non-ADA seat (either initial purchase or resale). Legally, if you show up to the venue with an inaccessible seat and you need an accessible one, they must move you to an accessible location. However, if you do this you should show up early to make sure you get something that is close to your ticket.

If you have any questions about the process, feel free to DM me as I’ve done a lot of these and am happy to help!!!
    Wow. That is great information. Thank you!  Knowing this lets me relax a little. I’m feeling much more confident about getting to see them next time around. Thanks again!