Current rankings based on votes to date:

1: Binaural
    2: 🥑
    3: Riot Act
    4: ⚫️ Matter
    5: Gigaton
    6: ◀️er
    7: ⚡️
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 252
    1.  Dark Matter
    2.  Binaural
    3.  Gigaton
    4.  Self Titled
    5.  Backspacer
    6.  Riot Act
    7.  Lightning Bolt
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,247
    Riot Act
    Dark Matter
    Self Titled
    Binaural
    Lightning Bolt
    Backspacer
    Gigaton
  • Options
    Greyhound06Greyhound06 Posts: 24
    Riot Act
    Dark Matter
    Backspacer
    Binaural
    Avocado
    Gigaton
    Lightning Bolt
  • Options
    SputNickSputNick Posts: 104
    OK, easy to rank the top 4:

Binaural
    Riot Act
    Avocado
    Dark Matter

Really difficult to rank the rest
    Gigaton
    Lightning Bolt
    Backspacer

Binaural > Vs > No Code > Yield = Riot Act > Vitalogy > Ten > Pearl Jam > Dark Matter > Gigaton > Lightning Bolt > Backspacer
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,505
    Dark Matter is the best complete album since Yield. (Perhaps more, but I will try to let recency bias subside)

There may be some individual songs that are better than anything on DM, but I think Dark Matter is the best complete album since at least Yield. 

Actually, it may be the best complete album since VS or TEN, and I say that knowing that Yield and Vitalogy are my favorite albums. 

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 230
    edited April 22
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Dark Matter is the best complete album since Yield. (Perhaps more, but I will try to let recency bias subside)

There may be some individual songs that are better than anything on DM, but I think Dark Matter is the best complete album since at least Yield. 

Actually, it may be the best complete album since VS or TEN, and I say that knowing that Yield and Vitalogy are my favorite albums. 

This is where I'm at also.  I've included Dark Matter in my list of the first five masterpieces.  Of those albums, I pick VS as my all time favorite, but then the rest are tied for me as any given day I could want to listen to them on repeat.  I adore all of No Code, Yield, Vitalogy, and Ten.

So, the list of 5 masterpieces grows to 6 for me, with Dark Matter sliding in alongside the first 5 albums.
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,659
    Vedd Hedd said:

I think I agree with you. I must have listened to this album 30 times now and still haven't skipped a track. I just listened to it while mowing my lawn, which it is the perfect running time for, and I found myself thinking that this might actually be the best album they've ever made.
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,391
    Binaural
    Riot Act
    Gigaton
    Avocado 
    Backspacer
    Lightning Bolt

Too early to rank DM but it's certainly up there. 

2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 627
    Vedd Hedd said:

Vitalogy is difficult to rank because half of it is half of my top 15 PJ songs (including my #1 Corduroy) and the other half is meh to awful (but often on purpose). But those seven songs are genuinely transcendent 
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,543
    SputNick said:
    OK, easy to rank the top 4:

Binaural
    Riot Act
    Avocado
    Dark Matter

Really difficult to rank the rest
    Gigaton
    Lightning Bolt
    Backspacer

This is pretty much where I'm at.   I could probably switch around the last 3 on any given day with Backspacer winning out most of the time and Gigaton losing out most of the time.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    Riot Act
    Dark Matter
    Binaural
    Avocado
    Lightning Bolt
    Gigaton
    Backspacer
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 230
    MikeDigs said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

This is where I'm at also.  I've included Dark Matter in my list of the first five masterpieces.  Of those albums, I pick VS as my all time favorite, but then the rest are tied for me as any given day I could want to listen to them on repeat.  I adore all of No Code, Yield, Vitalogy, and Ten.

So, the list of 5 masterpieces grows to 6 for me, with Dark Matter sliding in alongside the first 5 albums.
    As I continue to spin this wonderful album, I keep craving it, and my love for it grows.
    Initially, Dark Matter slid comfortably next to No Code and Yield for me.

But now, it is approaching VS, my all time favorite Pearl Jam album.
    I'm thinking that Dark Matter is shaping up to be a timeless classic.